First dbag Audi owner encounter

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2015, 06:13 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First dbag Audi owner encounter

Figured I'd post this here because it has to do with my 90q. If I posted in the wrong spot my apologies lol.

So I had my first encounter yesterday with a "dbag" Audi owner. I just picked up the 90q from the shop and this guy wanted to look at it cause I have it up for sale. Tells me it's not worth but a few pennies and he thought it was a 20v not a 10v blah blah blah. Told me the shop ripped me off by letting me spend almost 4k to get it running correctly blah blah blah. Now I find this cool cause I experienced this Audi owner stereo type first hand. Given he pulled up in a sick black s4. But now I feel like maybe he was right. Have I been owned by this shop and the person I bought it from? Have about 10k total in the car between purchase price and repairs. Part of me says no because its in excellent shape runs good and only has a few more things to fix before she is almost showroom condition again. But part of me says, cut my losses get the 3k for the car and move on. Since I'm new to the Audi world what do you veterans think? Here is a pic of the car. Fully resto on the outside and engine/drivetrain. Still have interior bits and a/c conversion to do for a full resto.
Old 10-24-2015, 08:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 31 Likes on 31 Posts

That is a nice Audi, for sure. Now as to the value..who knows? I have more money invested than my car is worth, at the moment. Our older Audi are a passion rather than an investment. Usually the market prices catches up with my insanity. I've bought, fixed up, driven and then sold some cars and most of the time broken even or made money. Sometimes that takes a decade. In the meantime I enjoy the car..that is what is important to me.

By the way..that "dbag" was just old school car buying negotiating..the scheme is start out by dismissing or critiquing every little detail..then low ball the price to you. Don't fall for that tactic. Just say no and move on. If the market will not support your asking price..just drive the car and wait.
Old 10-24-2015, 07:59 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im %110 with Rusty on this. we pay for things the amount that we think those things are worth to us. I just spent $550 on getting 5 rims reconditioned and tires mounted on them for the audi, i could of bought another set of rims for that money, but i like the ones i got, so if you like the car, you enjoy driving it, why would you care about some @$$ trying to drive down the price?!