My Cabriolets - passion to own

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2014, 09:52 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you would have to play with a tester for the reverse lights, or find a diagram.
i wish the hard tops were available here in US. i dont know about a price for one of those, so could not tell you, sorry
Old 09-26-2014, 06:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I found hard top in Germany - a few of them and maybe in the future sometime... $1500-2000..
I read somewhere in the forum how to make the taillight reverse lamp to swich on everytime you put on reverse gear but cannot find it where it was...
Old 10-19-2014, 05:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

I have a question:
SInce I bought the car, I have check ingine light and my cruise control is not woring? My old BMW's cruse control would stop immediately if the check engine light shows up. Do you know if this may be the problem or its something else?
Old 10-19-2014, 11:32 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 31 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by gag4o
I have a question:
SInce I bought the car, I have check ingine light and my cruise control is not woring? My old BMW's cruse control would stop immediately if the check engine light shows up. Do you know if this may be the problem or its something else?
I think the Audi is the same..engine fault/check engine light stops the CC.
Old 11-07-2014, 11:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Does anyone know what kind of bolts I need to attach the block to the engine stand? I have AAH engine on my Audi 90 and which engine I will take out.
I assume somebody did it (like RUsty spokes or Grillage) I asked the Crazy_Russian already
Old 11-07-2014, 03:39 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I used the transmission to engine bolts. Some holes on the block are threaded and others that are not you can use a big nut to tighten everything
Old 12-03-2014, 10:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Ok guys. A little movement on my side.
I got the engine and the transmission out and I found the specific bolts for the engine stand. Just took the original bolts and found the same type

Meanwhile I got a new toy for the car - headlights. As I know, grillage, you got them too so do you know how to actually wire them safely?

I have the leveling machines with their connectors and wires and also the button for them.
I also got the bulb for the turning light already installed, since I have the regular USA bumper and I am not going to change it.
And I have the connectors for the headlight itself with a few inches of wires.

I am thinking for now just to put the headlights without the regulating machines , because I know I probably have to remove part of the dashboard. In a few months I am going to install the manual and soon as I get the dash off, I will replace the heater core and will be able to wire the button..unless someone know a short trick
I know a quite a few guys have done that, and need your help
thanks

Old 12-08-2014, 04:35 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 31 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Those new headlamps are super

If you want to sell the old passenger side headlamp assembly..let me know. The reflector in my 1998 Cab is discolored..and I need to replace it.
Old 12-13-2014, 01:20 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The lights I got were not the manually leveling kind. They were RS2 lights. Also, I have euro bumpers so the blinkers have been relocated down there. Because of this, my lights were plug and play. I believe some folks use the side markers as blinkers in the Euro headlights which would require a little re-wiring.

sorry I can't be more help!
Old 12-14-2014, 08:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Ok. I will have to do some research. I have factory diagram and a guide from a guy from Bulgaria, that know how to do it, but I am very bad at wiring so will go to some sort of shop....
My headlights are the same as your and after they found me the level machines which can be attached to it.
The lights I got were not the manually leveling kind. They were RS2 lights.
So you have the same as these here, mine are not manually, that why I have the levelers.
RS2 comes with factory installed levelers and you can see button on the dashboard. Actually all S2, rs2, 80's 90's and Cabriolets equipped with "lens" headlight have the same part number for headlight according to ETKA, with only difference that for right hand drive (UK, Japan, etc) they have A-symetric glass, so different part number. Mine came from German imported car and I was very careful not to buy UK headlights, because I will make oncoming traffic blind.

I could buy Euro bumper but I like more the US version. Plus I will have to buy rear European bumper to match the outlook.
Yours look good thou

Quick Reply: My Cabriolets - passion to own