Go Back   AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Other Audi > Audi 90 / 80 / Coupe quattro / Cabriolet Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to AudiWorld Forums!
Welcome to AudiWorld.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the AudiWorld Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-07-2014, 12:40 AM   #1
AudiWorld Senior Member
Account #: 61252

Default Stopping By

Hello Forum. Haven't visited in a while. Been spending most of my time on the C6 and C7 forums for the last few years. I unhappily lost my B4 around 8 years ago due to divorce. I still miss it to this day. A pearl white 94 CSQ Sport with the 5 speed manual, black leather and fully loaded. A handful of Mance Etheridge's handiwork items here and there, Bilstein suspension upgrades and newer engine and tranny mounts everywhere. I even had a set of TDL headers and a custom fabbed stainless exhaust with a Pacesetter universal muffler. It was so much fun to drive. The additional gauges, 5X112 hubs & RS2 headlights were on the shelf waiting to be installed when marriage went sour. I even purchased an AAN motor for a song and dance at a near by junkyard that didnt know what they had. I never had the chance to do anything with it either. I've considered finding a decent 90 or Cabriolet and making it a project. So whats been new around here? I see alot of new names.
The_Mizarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 10:25 AM   #2
AudiWorld Senior Member
Account #: 136523

not many folks still around here, most have migrated to other forums, or moved on. I have a similiar 90, 95 pearl over black leather, sport version, has KW suspension, 5 lug swap, rs2 headlights, s2 bumper, ect. I recently swapped in a 1.8t motor. it has been fun.
Hybrid_Hatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 01:15 AM   #3
AudiWorld Senior Member
Account #: 61252

A 1.8T? Nice choice. Readily available engines and the sky would be the limit for tuning in that. What made you choose the 1.8T?
The_Mizarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 10:59 AM   #4
AudiWorld Senior Member
Account #: 136523

Sort of funny, but the car came with an ABZ 4.2 V8, with the correct clutch and flywheel for my 90. But i have seen a few of the v8 swaps and all have to make compromises. Normally no AC, and they still have overheating problems. I chose the 1.8t since it would fit in the engine bay, has OEM mounts to mount it to the factory motor mounts/positions. Like you said, sky is the limit for upgrades, and i bought a complete running a4 for 500 bucks, and it ended up having a k04 turbo on it already. I'm able to keep my engine bay in the same standard configuration (ie my radiator and fans stay up front, if i had gone 5 cylinder, i would have had to move to a side mount and make mounts/provisions for all that). Also i like to do things a bit different, not many have done 1.8t swaps in b4s, and even fewer have documented it like i have.

Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.
Hybrid_Hatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 10:59 AM
AudiWorld
Audi R8

Paid Advertisement