Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Just realized that the car I ordered has 2-tone seats :(

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2014, 10:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 61 Likes on 56 Posts

Spoonie - have you gone on your dealers Audi website and looked at their S3 inventory. My car is in my dealers inventory yesterday. Not sure when it is added, maybe after the car is manufactured.
Old 10-29-2014, 12:26 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Inventory says it has one S3. Premium Plus and its "coming soon". I can recall seeing a few listed the other day, strange.
Old 10-29-2014, 04:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 61 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Spoonie G
Inventory says it has one S3. Premium Plus and its "coming soon". I can recall seeing a few listed the other day, strange.
Mine is a Prestige edition, but my dealer website lists the car as Premium Plus. If you check the details and it might say prestige package in the options.

Last edited by DennisMitchell; 10-29-2014 at 04:16 PM.
Old 10-29-2014, 05:44 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Just looked at it again (dealer is Jack Daniels Audi NJ btw). Car is mythos with black/red interior. If it were a prestige I'd seriously consider snatching it up. I could have sworn that the one I saw earlier was Panther Black.
Old 10-29-2014, 05:49 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Just looked again. That is my car. under options its says prestige.

New 2015 Audi S3 Sedan For Sale Upper Saddle River NJ | Audi Dealer New Jersey |

Last edited by Spoonie G; 10-29-2014 at 05:52 PM.
Old 10-29-2014, 07:50 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm looking at this:
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/att...1&d=1414594559

Where is the Black and Gray 2-tone? If one is missing doesn't that make it 4? You forgot about the Gray with black stitching.
Look at this Sepang for sale. It's the titanium and black two-tone. That is what Audi is advertising on its build configuration page. Have not seen any S3s with an all-grey interior.

2015 Audi S3 2.0T Premium Plus quattro, $45,945 - Cars.com
Old 10-29-2014, 08:24 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My Mythos Black S3 has the black on black interior with dark silver stitching. Literally no other color inside the car except for LEDs or other electronic lights of some sort. Oh and the aluminum trim and a few bits of chrome like on the shifter and around the vents. I love it like that. Simplicity pure. 2 tone seats would probably bother me too however but I'm sure would grow on me. Could always consider a leopard skin seat cover. :-)
Old 10-30-2014, 05:26 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Evolvd
Look at this Sepang for sale. It's the titanium and black two-tone. That is what Audi is advertising on its build configuration page. Have not seen any S3s with an all-grey interior.

2015 Audi S3 2.0T Premium Plus quattro, $45,945 - Cars.com
Yes, the only place where I've seen an All Gray interior even mentioned is on Audi's web page. I've yet to see any pictures. That doesn't mean that it doesn't exist. I think our slight disagreement spawns from Audis incomplete (read:awful) configuration page. Information is missing. I would have expected to see a swatch with a thick gray vertical stripe to represent the Black/Gray 2-tone, like they have with the Black/Red (in my pic above). But It's missing.

The web site is lacking. So anything that isn't clear can be attributed to that. Lucky for us we can look elsewhere to see pics of that combo, but it isn't in that configurator. Can you show me a link or a screen capture where they have the Black/Gray 2-tone pictured in the configurator. The place where they should have everything.
Old 10-30-2014, 05:28 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Fixeroh
My Mythos Black S3 has the black on black interior with dark silver stitching. Literally no other color inside the car except for LEDs or other electronic lights of some sort. Oh and the aluminum trim and a few bits of chrome like on the shifter and around the vents. I love it like that. Simplicity pure. 2 tone seats would probably bother me too however but I'm sure would grow on me. Could always consider a leopard skin seat cover. :-)
I'm gonna go with a Cow Print seat covers.
Old 10-30-2014, 08:01 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, the only place where I've seen an All Gray interior even mentioned is on Audi's web page. I've yet to see any pictures. That doesn't mean that it doesn't exist. I think our slight disagreement spawns from Audis incomplete (read:awful) configuration page. Information is missing. I would have expected to see a swatch with a thick gray vertical stripe to represent the Black/Gray 2-tone, like they have with the Black/Red (in my pic above). But It's missing.

The web site is lacking. So anything that isn't clear can be attributed to that. Lucky for us we can look elsewhere to see pics of that combo, but it isn't in that configurator. Can you show me a link or a screen capture where they have the Black/Gray 2-tone pictured in the configurator. The place where they should have everything.

I hear ya man, and like you I'm not trying to argue any point...just saying what I've seen. That being said though, the Black/Magma Red two tone picture on AudiUSA doesn't represent the actual seats we get either. So my guess is that the two tone titanium and back is what we've seen in cars for sale (and Motortrend's test car) and the swatch provided is a misdirection similar to the black/red.