Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

S3 Order?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2014, 07:32 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S3 Order?

Got email on Nov. 4th that my S3 entered production. When should it be on a ship to be sent over to the states? I have been waiting for that email but havent got yet. I was told i should have the car 1st or 2nd week of december when i made the order.

thank you,
Old 11-24-2014, 08:01 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 61 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Steallife904
Got email on Nov. 4th that my S3 entered production. When should it be on a ship to be sent over to the states? I have been waiting for that email but havent got yet. I was told i should have the car 1st or 2nd week of december when i made the order.

thank you,
The production reports out of Audi are horrendous. I tracked my order by getting updates from my dealer's inventory manager. The TBA dates change alot. The biggest wildcard is the shipping from the factory to the Emden port, and when it gets placed on a ship. The logistics is a nightmare. Best bet is the accept the date your dealer gave you and you will be happy when you get the call that it has arrived. Don't drive yourself crazy trying to track your car like FedEx.
Old 11-24-2014, 08:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Should be loaded on a ship before Nov. 25

Originally Posted by Steallife904

thank you,
And then 3 weeks to port in Fl. You should get it before Christmas.
Old 11-24-2014, 10:10 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by AgisA
And then 3 weeks to port in Fl. You should get it before Christmas.
i hope so, i was told it would be before Xmas. Would think it would need to get on the boat soon to make it in time though
Old 11-24-2014, 10:12 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

also if i was already told the car entered production on the 4th, does that mean the car has already been built?
Old 11-24-2014, 01:54 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Once you get notice the car is entering production it only takes 1-2 days to build. Long wait is paperwork to port and shipping. Good luck.
Old 11-25-2014, 10:21 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by DennisMitchell
The production reports out of Audi are horrendous. I tracked my order by getting updates from my dealer's inventory manager. The TBA dates change alot. The biggest wildcard is the shipping from the factory to the Emden port, and when it gets placed on a ship. The logistics is a nightmare. Best bet is the accept the date your dealer gave you and you will be happy when you get the call that it has arrived. Don't drive yourself crazy trying to track your car like FedEx.
I made this mistake myself - I obsessed over every detail. I spent hours trying to figure stuff out. Finally I said eff it and just hung out and waited. Thankfully a week later (yes!) my dealer called and I could pick up the car. The best way to handle it is to just sit back and wait. Preferably with a beer.
Old 11-25-2014, 11:08 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

thanks guys. Ya its just driving me crazy! Specially since i know the car is already built. Just hoping i get the car in a few weeks like i was told.
Old 11-25-2014, 02:38 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I just got the email that the car is on the boat and on the way!
Old 11-25-2014, 03:08 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DennisMitchell
Same here... Email said at Emden port on Oct 20th. Vehicle didn't leave until the 27th on a ship that marinetraffic.com said was bound for Japan. On top of that, 2 ships left the port after the 20th before it was finally loaded on my ship. Got the Email "US Port" on Nov 11th. Got the call to pick it up on Nov 14th, which I did.

To the OP, I got the "Built" Status email on Sep29th and got the car 6 weeks later.

Quick Reply: S3 Order?