Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

2015 S3 introduction!

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2015, 11:19 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

footage from Waterfest as covered by the Unitronic photographer, thank you!

Unitronic Stage 2 Audi S3 8V
by Ryan Mac, on Flickr

by Ryan Mac, on Flickr

by Ryan Mac, on Flickr

video of some wheel slippage in the drag race is at 1:47 into the vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBV8...4#action=share

there is a video here from waterfest. I am drag racing at 1:47 into the video. you can see/hear a little wheel spin. I was launching at 4k. I will try 3500 next time. conditions were horrible. 103 degrees in the sun, 85% humidity. tire pressure was mistakenly not adjusted- it was at 38.5psi so the 60ft was terrible. I was running in the 109-110mph range and low 12's. stage 2, with unitronic tune and downpipe being the only performance mods. I didn't see any stage 2 or 2+ mk7 or S3 run faster all weekend.
Old 09-11-2015, 12:06 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Car looks awesome, did you plastidip your front grill to get that black look? I just got my S3 a few months ago and I want to black out the front grill and the trim on the back, plastidip seems to be a pretty solid option. Thanks!
Old 10-07-2015, 05:51 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by HockeyCrazi
Car looks awesome, did you plastidip your front grill to get that black look? I just got my S3 a few months ago and I want to black out the front grill and the trim on the back, plastidip seems to be a pretty solid option. Thanks!
halo efx on the grill, little nicer than a dip, same idea tough
thank you
cheers

audi s3 sepang by Ryan Mac, on Flickr

audi s3 sepang by Ryan Mac, on Flickr
Old 10-13-2015, 01:44 PM
AudiWorld Super User

got a new winter setup

Audi S3, 245-35 DWS06, 19x8.5 et43 Peelers by Ryan Mac, on Flickr

Last edited by RyanS3; 10-14-2015 at 03:50 AM.
Old 10-14-2015, 03:15 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

What tires did you go with??
Old 10-14-2015, 03:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Storm982
What tires did you go with??
Conti dws06
Old 01-28-2016, 05:25 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by RyanS3
I have been a huge fan of the Kenu, but it has been tossed into the junk drawer!

I got a new vent holder for my phone.

Blue-Garuda Magnetic Car Mount/Phone Holder

This uses a mount almost identical to the Kenu.... a nice rubbery mount with two sizes. But this has a longer stem, so I can wedge it into the top area of our vent perfectly. With a solid push, it stays in there.

The beauty of this, is that it only requires one hand to use it. Once you put a paper thin (silver dollar sized) magnet on your cell phone case (in the right spot) you just have to slap it on. When you need to get out of the car, you just grab the phone, no stress. So getting in/out of the car, and traffic light texting is a breeze now. With the Kenu, I had to be careful when installing or removing the phone b/c the Kenu could dismount from the vent. Also, the Kenu would cause the vent to tilt at times. This new mount hasn't tilted one time!

When I ordered mine, from Amazon, I believe there was a special. I received two circles and one rectangle. I only used one circle (on my case) and it's great. Never moves!!! The extra circle and rectangle could come in handy if you use other devices, or you want to put one on a mate's phone (someone who uses your car).

I did wait a week before waiting to write a review, to make sure it's solid. It is! And it's a lot less the Kenu!

I imagine I could put the extra circle on the mount, and hide the BG, but it's not really bothering me.

I hope this helps in some way.

Amazon.com: Blue-Garuda Magnetic Car Mount/Phone Holder - No More Suction Marks - For All Smartphones inc. Apple iPhone 6/6 Plus/5s/5c/4s, Samsung Note 4/S5/S4/S3, HTC One, Cell Phones, Mini Tablets/eReaders, GPS Devices - Latest In Dash Accessory - Money Back Guarantee With Extra Bonus: Cell Phones & Accessories

Blue-Garuda Magnetic Car Mount/Phone Holder by RyebreadPics, on Flickr

I got Kenu and no matter how hard I try I couldn't attached it to the vent. I tried to push it into different parts of the vent, it just doesn't slide in. I'm afraid to brake the vent. Please share how you installed it in your car. Also, if I return Kenu and get Blue Garuda instead, will it be as hard to install?
Old 01-29-2016, 06:08 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by LisaAlissa
I got Kenu and no matter how hard I try I couldn't attached it to the vent. I tried to push it into different parts of the vent, it just doesn't slide in. I'm afraid to brake the vent. Please share how you installed it in your car. Also, if I return Kenu and get Blue Garuda instead, will it be as hard to install?

I really don't like the Kenu. I did use that for a year. But it falls apart. And it's not as easy to use as the magnet mounts.

I will have to see exactly where I pushed the prongs into my vent. I really don't want to remove it, b/c it hasn't moved for almost a year now, since installing it... and I don't want to mess with a good thing.

but it's up near the top, and it's wedged in there. I am not sure if it's just wedged in, in a random fashion. or if the prongs are being used in the way they are designed. I'll try to report back. either way, I'd go with a magnet approach since it's faster to use at stop lights and getting in/out of the car.
Old 01-29-2016, 09:01 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I used a Blue Garuda for awhile - yes, it takes a really firm push to get it into the vent. Ultimately, I switched because I didn't like the resulting angle of the phone.

I ended up going with Pro Clip mount between the center vents. The mount module is their iOauto Pro Magnetic Mount

That mount setup is awesome because you can move the magnetic part which is on the sphere to get the perfect angle. The only slight downside to that mount is the metal half-sphere screws onto the mount and I couldn't get it tight enough that the weight of an iPhone 6S Plus would cause it to unscrew at the angle I wanted. A couple drops of Blue Loctite fixed that. A small piece of plumbers tape would probably work too.

I put the same setup in my wife's car too. Its awesome for when switch cars and have compatible mounting for each other.
Old 01-29-2016, 09:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I really don't care which mount you buy. I'm not selling them

But the angle? the angle is fine, or it's user error.
can't take a pic of my phone on the mount today, haha, but here is the mount

Untitled by Ryan Mac, on Flickr

it's lodged way up and in there lol
up at the top of the vent! maybe not where you think it should be, above that perhaps?

you can see here that I have the most slight angle up towards my line of sight, it's 100% perfection.

bottom line is:
this is a cheap mount, $ wise
it works for me, perfectly. and I'm picky.
if I take the time to show off a product, I'm doing that to help people.
I wouldn't show off a product that didn't work perfectly.
the angle, in my car, is perfect
the mount has NEVER moved once, in a year.
my phone has never fallen off.

when I think about the pro clips:
$50-100? makes sense, they need to buy an expensive die for each car!
looks like it's from the 80's and for a palm pilot
and it can't be used in my next car or other cars

cheers

Last edited by RyanS3; 01-29-2016 at 09:29 AM.

Quick Reply: 2015 S3 introduction!