Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

2015 S3 introduction!

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2015, 06:13 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RyanS3
My friend Armin has mag ride and h&r springs. I recently quizzed him on the following:
1. how happy are you with the sport springs, in comfort mode?
2. how much of a difference do you feel between comfort and dynamic, with regard to the suspension alone, with the h&r springs?
3. did the differential range change at all (question #2) with the oem springs vs. h&r? for eg: perhaps oem was really comfy, in comfy... vs really firm in dyn.. .and now it's really firm in comfy? or is it still comfy? vs. extremely firm (now) with h&r?

Armin reported back with:
1. Very happy in comfort mode, although I've only ever used it when driving around the parents. They haven't noticed any difference and didn't even realize the car had been lowered.
2. Comfort definitely feels a little more floaty than Dynamic, but I can tell it's a little stiffer than it was with the stock springs. The difference is still quite noticeable though.
3. Since H&R Springs are progressive, in normal cruising on the highway you really can't feel any difference in comfort over stock. It honestly feels the same to me and to my passengers. Now, once you start taking corners, you hit the progressive switch points, and you can really feel things stiffen up. Nevertheless, I never felt that Dynamic was super stiff to begin with...stiff, but nothing that would prevent me from keeping it in dynamic for my daily commute. Comfort's always been nice and comfortable, and continues to be that way with the new springs.
Ryan, your posts are the best. Agreed with everything Salvadorik said about you and your thread. Thank you
Old 02-23-2015, 06:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by RyanS3
here is a link to download the new digital 2015 audi navigation update for the A3/S3

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/i57jz69mh...9o05bBcba?dl=0

download all of these files and folders to an SD card that is 32gb or larger.
then hit the easy button b/c you're all set to load this into your car.
this has been verified by me and a bud down in Australia, using my link.
Dropbox says the file has been moved or deleted. With my delivery this week, will I need this update? Is there a version number or any way I can check that they are delivering the car with the most recent update?
Old 02-23-2015, 09:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mikele
Dropbox says the file has been moved or deleted. With my delivery this week, will I need this update? Is there a version number or any way I can check that they are delivering the car with the most recent update?
dropbox suspended my acct.
account is back up now, but I can't share that file anymore

the update is really good.
if I can figure out another way to help, I will.
Old 02-26-2015, 01:59 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I have been a huge fan of the Kenu, but it has been tossed into the junk drawer!

I got a new vent holder for my phone.

Blue-Garuda Magnetic Car Mount/Phone Holder

This uses a mount almost identical to the Kenu.... a nice rubbery mount with two sizes. But this has a longer stem, so I can wedge it into the top area of our vent perfectly. With a solid push, it stays in there.

The beauty of this, is that it only requires one hand to use it. Once you put a paper thin (silver dollar sized) magnet on your cell phone case (in the right spot) you just have to slap it on. When you need to get out of the car, you just grab the phone, no stress. So getting in/out of the car, and traffic light texting is a breeze now. With the Kenu, I had to be careful when installing or removing the phone b/c the Kenu could dismount from the vent. Also, the Kenu would cause the vent to tilt at times. This new mount hasn't tilted one time!

When I ordered mine, from Amazon, I believe there was a special. I received two circles and one rectangle. I only used one circle (on my case) and it's great. Never moves!!! The extra circle and rectangle could come in handy if you use other devices, or you want to put one on a mate's phone (someone who uses your car).

I did wait a week before waiting to write a review, to make sure it's solid. It is! And it's a lot less the Kenu!

I imagine I could put the extra circle on the mount, and hide the BG, but it's not really bothering me.

I hope this helps in some way.

Amazon.com: Blue-Garuda Magnetic Car Mount/Phone Holder - No More Suction Marks - For All Smartphones inc. Apple iPhone 6/6 Plus/5s/5c/4s, Samsung Note 4/S5/S4/S3, HTC One, Cell Phones, Mini Tablets/eReaders, GPS Devices - Latest In Dash Accessory - Money Back Guarantee With Extra Bonus: Cell Phones & Accessories Amazon.com: Blue-Garuda Magnetic Car Mount/Phone Holder - No More Suction Marks - For All Smartphones inc. Apple iPhone 6/6 Plus/5s/5c/4s, Samsung Note 4/S5/S4/S3, HTC One, Cell Phones, Mini Tablets/eReaders, GPS Devices - Latest In Dash Accessory - Money Back Guarantee With Extra Bonus: Cell Phones & Accessories

Blue-Garuda Magnetic Car Mount/Phone Holder by RyebreadPics, on Flickr

Old 03-04-2015, 01:50 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Who needs a Wheel Hanger?

With another snow storm pending, here on the east coast, I want to think positive!!! There are only 16 days until spring!!! I'm gearing up!

I have new locks on the way, for my summer wheels. And the reason for this post.... I wanted to finally get a quality wheel hanger tool.

These are ideal for anyone who swaps their own tire/wheels a few times per year. But, if you have spacers, this is a MUST have. It really helps you line up your wheel carefully, and align it just-right, so you don't mess up your threads. Trust me on this. You can easily F up your hub.

For our S3, the wheel hanger size is 14mmx1.5.

This part is designed to hang your wheel and tire in place while you install the other lug bolts. Simply install this item in the 12 o'clock position and your wheel and tire will be in place to install the additional lug bolts. Overall length of 5 inches is long enough to accommodate any size wheel and tire.

I'll leave a link here so the n00bs can get an idea of what this is.

Cheers!

Otis Inc Aluminum Wheel Hanger 14x1.5 (Audi/Volkswagen) - Modded Euros
Old 03-09-2015, 06:44 AM
AudiWorld Super User

if you have convenience pkg - you get storage pkg.
if you have storage pkg - you got a pair of deez!
if you got a pair of deez, you have one set of two. on the D side of the car.
not a set on each side, which you would think!
cheers

We got a pair of hooks!
Old 03-09-2015, 06:45 AM
AudiWorld Super User

two weeks since being tuned.
Unitronic Stage 1+ (93 octane).

Over 350 hp on this chassis is sublime!

the car makes me feel like it's an RS3 now.
just so smooth
more power when I want it.
Old 03-12-2015, 02:20 PM
AudiWorld Super User

winter has suddently ended, here in the east coast.
I'm ready to put my summer shoes on!
dare I install them in mid March?

think they'll look good on the S?

Golf R, Unitronic Stage 2 + HPFP, Unitronic Exhaust, Unitronic Intake
by RyebreadPics, on Flickr

Audi S3 with 225/40/18 tires, 8mm spacers, and HR Sport Springs c/o ModdedEuros, installed at CB Tuning in PA
Old 03-13-2015, 12:51 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Just a quick update on the new phone mount that I'm LOVING!!!
Blue-Garuda Magnetic Car Mount/Phone Holder In 2015 Audi S3
It's basically a round magnet on your vent. you literally just slap the phone up there.
and it never moves, EVERRRRR.
so you're at a light and you want to text, you just grab it, and then the light turns green - you slap it back on.
really easy to use.

Last edited by RyanS3; 03-13-2015 at 01:01 PM.
Old 03-13-2015, 02:18 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Have the same one installed and it works great. A little hesitant about having to shove the clip into the vent but its been working.

Quick Reply: 2015 S3 introduction!