Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

2016 A3 Sportback e-tron

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2016, 10:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Brake lights during regeneration

So driving in "S" sport mode in the e-tron automatically puts the car in "Hold battery" mode and with strong regeneration. If fact, one pedal driving is possible if you time it right. My question is when the car slows down during the regeneration (not pressing break pedal), do the break lights come on?

UPDATE:

The break lights do come on when the car is in Sport mode and when you let go of the accelerator pedal and the car goes into recuperation without pressing the break pedal.

Last edited by bruinmac; 02-06-2016 at 09:24 PM.
Old 02-10-2016, 04:09 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Love the car - Hate the e-tron connect

Originally Posted by jeremyrclark

@rmcfarlan - Welcome to the club! Did you take delivery yet? How's your experience been so far if so?
@jeremy - Thanks!

I finally got my car last Thursday. My experience with the car has been awesome. EV range has only been 10-15 miles but it's been 20 DegF here and I am running the heater and heated seats (not to mention enjoying the acceleration the electric motor). On one short trip I turned all of that off, drove conservatively and was getting much better EV range.

My experience with e-tron connect has been horrible. I still do not have my account number and PIN. I think I have talked with everyone at Audi customer experience as well as Verizon. The bottom line is Audi has not sent my info to Verizon so they cannot create the account number and pin. I don't understand why someone from Audi can't just give the info to Verizon over the phone. The current ETA for having this fixed is next Monday. Even though they haven't been able to solve my problem everyone I've worked with has been super nice.
Old 02-11-2016, 09:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by rmcfarlan
@jeremy - Thanks!

I finally got my car last Thursday. My experience with the car has been awesome. EV range has only been 10-15 miles but it's been 20 DegF here and I am running the heater and heated seats (not to mention enjoying the acceleration the electric motor). On one short trip I turned all of that off, drove conservatively and was getting much better EV range.

My experience with e-tron connect has been horrible. I still do not have my account number and PIN. I think I have talked with everyone at Audi customer experience as well as Verizon. The bottom line is Audi has not sent my info to Verizon so they cannot create the account number and pin. I don't understand why someone from Audi can't just give the info to Verizon over the phone. The current ETA for having this fixed is next Monday. Even though they haven't been able to solve my problem everyone I've worked with has been super nice.
Seems like it was the dealer that dropped the ball on your e-tron connect services. Call them up and make sure they did all the paperwork and provisioning for e-tron connect services. Getting an account number should not be be most difficult thing. Once you have an account, you don't need to wait for the PIN, you can call e-tron/Verizon directly to setup a PIN.
Old 02-11-2016, 02:00 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

@Bruinman - I agree getting an account number should not be the most difficult thing but apparently in my case it is.

Both my dealer and I have been on the phone with the e-tron connect guru's at Audi customer experience and they have verified the dealer has the information entered correctly. When I talk with Verizon they can't give me the account number and PIN because their system shows my car as being register to Audi.
Old 02-14-2016, 10:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Wonder what changes are afoot?
Old 02-16-2016, 02:12 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Still No e-tron connect

It's been two weeks and Audi still has not set up my e-tron connect account. Does anyone have suggestions on who/where to escalate the issue within Audi?
Old 02-18-2016, 05:12 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by rmcfarlan
It's been two weeks and Audi still has not set up my e-tron connect account. Does anyone have suggestions on who/where to escalate the issue within Audi?
It took an email to Audi Customer Experience copying the Director of Product Quality and Technical Services but I got the account number and PIN.
Old 02-19-2016, 12:51 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I apologize if the info is readily available or in this thread, but does anyone know if one can do Euro Delivery on an US-Spec E-Tron? I'm looking to buy in about 12 months. Thanks,

- Mark
Old 02-19-2016, 11:11 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I'm so intrigued by the car, hoping to get one this spring. Love reading about the EV-only driving you guys have done.

Man, painful hearing about the horror stories with getting the connect stuff setup. Looks like it won't be available where I am (in Canada). Damn, was really hoping for something like that.
Old 02-19-2016, 11:13 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by jeremyrclark
@ben

That does sound silly that they'd have you report signal strength from another carrier. I guess they're just trying to make sure you don't live somewhere outside of cell service. I'd think by giving them an address they'd be able to look it up. But I think you're right, it seems more likely to be either a SIM card/activation/antenna kind of problem than cell service. Regardless, I imagine if you wanted to you could just take it to your dealer and tell them to give you a loaner and figure it out - however then you'd probably be stuck in a non-electric 5 year old A4 while they wait for the same Audi etron techs to diagnose before getting approval to swap out boards. I guess you might as well try to enjoy the rest of your honeymoon period.

Thanks for the update/report on your mileage. Perhaps in the summertime you'll be able to get the full distance to work on EV only? I really wish the battery were a bit larger so that we could get closer to 40-50 miles on EV. Obviously with the e-tron I don't have range anxiety, but because I would *like* to be on EV as much as possible I do find myself stressed out about it. Like the other day when it was below freezing and the charger at one place seemed to take much longer than normal even though it was a level 2. Or when I got to a parking garage with single charger but some lame-o in a Prius was using it. Or when I got to my local Whole Foods that has two chargers and one was taken by a lame-o with a Tesla-S that had been charging 3 hours and still not finished, and another lame-o next to him in a Leaf that was showing an error message on the charger. I left bummed that I'd have to end up listening for the gas engine to kick in and noticeably start vibrating my otherwise silky smooth and silent ride.

Since I work from home as I mentioned before, I don't have a regular commute or driving schedule - this will be my around-town car (my wife has a Q5 that we'd been sharing for the last few years until I decided which electric car to get). On top of that the weather has been pretty bad since I got it, and our car seat is in the Q5 and I'd prefer my toddler's feet not mess up my new car seats, so I haven't really wanted to venture out with it too much. :-) The e-tron Connect app reports I've driven a total of 167 miles, average consumption of 2.9 mi/kWh, and last I looked it was something like 80% electric.
Hahaha, this gave me such a good laugh.

Quick Reply: 2016 A3 Sportback e-tron