Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

A3 TDI- Good deal?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2015, 02:30 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A3 TDI- Good deal?

Hey guys,

I am looking at my first Audi. I am talking with a dealer and have been quoted $32,885 for a 2015 TDI with cold weather package and technology package.

Was wonder what some of you guys paid for yours?

Or am I better off leasing with some of the deals I have seen some people get on '15 A3's.

Thanks
Old 03-24-2015, 03:38 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 61 Likes on 56 Posts

Maybe. You need to know exactly what the sticker price is for the vehicle you are interested in. Your "technology" package description is misleading as Audi has technology wrapped in different packages. Did you build your vehicle on the AudiUSA.com website? I took a base "Premium" model and added the Cold Weather and basic Navigation system. MSRP is about $35,000.

There maybe conquest rebates available depending on the vehicle you currently drive. You can check on AudiUSA.com. Normally folks can negotiate a 3 to 6% discount plus any available rebates / incentives. At this time of year Audi wants to clear out remaining 2015 stock. So factory incentives will increase now concluding in the "Summer of Audi" campaign. Of course stock will dwindle so you may find it more difficult to find your color and options.

Hope this helps. Know the car the dealer is trying to sell, get the sticker for the car with MSRP, build what you want on AudiUSA to make sure you will be satisfied with the options in the available vehicle, and be aware of the current advertised offers on AudiUSA.
Old 03-26-2015, 12:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That price actually sounds about right. I'm assuming this is a Premium TDI with Cold weather and base MMI navigation unit.

If this is a brand new vehicle, that is a good deal. If this is a pre-owned/demo car that is still a decent price, however I'd try and get it lower, have them add CPO at no cost along with Audicare. You'll have pre-owned with 100K warranty and 5 years of normal maintenance for free.

I bought my Premium 2015 2.0T with 3800 miles pre-owned, cold weather, 18inch rims for roughly $28500. It was listed for 31K I believe. MSRP was $35,500.

Pre-owned, you'll get the best bang for you buck as your not losing the intial residual value when you drive a new vehicle off the lot. Premium's KBB are at about $29,500.

55-60MPG on the highway for a TDI, you really can't go wrong!
Old 03-29-2015, 04:49 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DennisMitchell
Maybe. You need to know exactly what the sticker price is for the vehicle you are interested in. Your "technology" package description is misleading as Audi has technology wrapped in different packages. Did you build your vehicle on the AudiUSA.com website? I took a base "Premium" model and added the Cold Weather and basic Navigation system. MSRP is about $35,000.

There maybe conquest rebates available depending on the vehicle you currently drive. You can check on AudiUSA.com. Normally folks can negotiate a 3 to 6% discount plus any available rebates / incentives. At this time of year Audi wants to clear out remaining 2015 stock. So factory incentives will increase now concluding in the "Summer of Audi" campaign. Of course stock will dwindle so you may find it more difficult to find your color and options.

Hope this helps. Know the car the dealer is trying to sell, get the sticker for the car with MSRP, build what you want on AudiUSA to make sure you will be satisfied with the options in the available vehicle, and be aware of the current advertised offers on AudiUSA.

Originally Posted by mroberte
That price actually sounds about right. I'm assuming this is a Premium TDI with Cold weather and base MMI navigation unit.

If this is a brand new vehicle, that is a good deal. If this is a pre-owned/demo car that is still a decent price, however I'd try and get it lower, have them add CPO at no cost along with Audicare. You'll have pre-owned with 100K warranty and 5 years of normal maintenance for free.

I bought my Premium 2015 2.0T with 3800 miles pre-owned, cold weather, 18inch rims for roughly $28500. It was listed for 31K I believe. MSRP was $35,500.

Pre-owned, you'll get the best bang for you buck as your not losing the intial residual value when you drive a new vehicle off the lot. Premium's KBB are at about $29,500.

55-60MPG on the highway for a TDI, you really can't go wrong! Redline Review: 2015 Audi A3 TDI - YouTube

Thanks guys for the help. After talking to the dealership, they lowered the price because it has been on the lot the longest of the 2015's and they are expecting 2016's in the next couple months.

I am hoping to knock it down to around 30k and put a down payment and trade to get my payment to around $450.

Or like Dennis recommended, try to see if they'll include AudiCare and all weather mats with the price.