Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Adding ACC (adapgtive Cruise Control) to a 2017 A3

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2017, 10:16 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So far, he's getting "module not installed" when he tries to enable it, so he's trying to get a list of required modules. Stay tuned...
Old 01-11-2017, 11:31 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

The mechanic had to call in a lifeline and phoned a friend, and apparently the coding is very advanced, requiring the recoding of multiple subsystems, not just the one place. He pulled the data from the computer, and has posted in on a back-end forum for Audi mechanics to see if anyone has or wants to assist him with figuring it out. for now, no ACC for me
Old 01-18-2017, 07:59 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I have ACC plus in my new S3 (MY17) not many packages to option up in AUS this time arround, lots came standard, so it was a no brainier to add the Advanced Assistant Package. They have changed radars going to the new flat one, I also think it works 10x better so it must not just be a visual design change but a tech overhaul. Also correct in saying presense uses the radar to detect objects, It does a faster/better job at distinguish people from vehicles ETC then the camera.
Old 01-19-2017, 12:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mroberte
The older eye looking radar works exactly as the flat... The flat just being the new design.

As for the camera in the windshield, this served a few purposes. One to read road signage (never was an options in the states, but I believe can be enabled, but will do nothing) along with reading road lines to stay within the lanes for lane mitigation.

The newer system is also newer in general and relies on radar as its more accurate in the way it can detect obstacles.

Hopefully you'll be able to pinpoint the long coding changes and be able to turn on in your cars.
You can also enable High Beam Assist with the Active Lane camera (standard feature on the Prestige trim now).
Old 01-21-2017, 03:11 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Any advanced coders here?

Are there any advanced coders in this forum interested in working with me on this? Would be pretty cool if it can be pulled off. If so, I can pm the coding information the mechanic pulled from the computer...
Old 01-22-2017, 07:39 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Lane Assist

My OBDeleven just arrived.

Has anyone worked out coding for;

How to delay the Hand Back On Wheel Message

and

How to enable Lane Assist under 65 kph??

Thanks!
Old 10-21-2017, 05:03 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default ACC

Originally Posted by Jerry Solomon
Are there any advanced coders in this forum interested in working with me on this? Would be pretty cool if it can be pulled off. If so, I can pm the coding information the mechanic pulled from the computer...
hey Jerry. I read all ur related ACC posts and I am curious, have u found a solution? Iam about to purchase a premium plus A3 with all packages possible. Unfortunately not the prestige. Let me know. Best, Sid
Old 10-26-2017, 10:46 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Sid,
I'm sorry to say I got nowhere with this, and had to give up
Old 02-20-2018, 04:53 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Jerry Solomon
Sid,
I'm sorry to say I got nowhere with this, and had to give up
Don't! I talked to an Audi service rep at my dealer and he said two of the techs had enabled it in their 16 A3's. The how I never got to, but sounded like it was possible. I asked about the stalk change and he said that they did not add it and it stays in the middle setting. If I see him again I'll ask deeper questions.
Old 02-20-2018, 05:10 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by kiosko13
Don't! I talked to an Audi service rep at my dealer and he said two of the techs had enabled it in their 16 A3's. The how I never got to, but sounded like it was possible. I asked about the stalk change and he said that they did not add it and it stays in the middle setting. If I see him again I'll ask deeper questions.
I'd love to get back on track with this!! Let me know!

Quick Reply: Adding ACC (adapgtive Cruise Control) to a 2017 A3