Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Anyone else on the Mermaid Ace?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2014, 08:10 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Indigo4298
Port of Houston but my dealer said he doesn't know the ship name.
Per the schedule, the next ship due into Houston is the Adriatic Highway on 12/20. However, the ship is off the cost of Florida and a long way from Houston. Marinetraffic doesnt show an ETA into Houston. It left Emden on the 5th (2 days late). It was 2 days late to Davisville so you could estimate that it will be 2 days late to Houston which would have it arrive on 12/22.

If the dealer has the 'ship number'... Adriatic Highway is 414.

ADRIATIC HIGHWAY - Vehicles Carrier: current position and details | IMO 9442885, MMSI 432665000, Callsign 7JDP | Registered in Japan - AIS Marine Traffic

I dont have the previous schedules but the Kentucky Highway is currently in port in Houston which I seem to recall from schedules... It arrived yesterday. Records show it was in Emden on 11/25 so 'your ship may have arrived'.

KENTUCKY HIGHWAY - Vehicles Carrier: current position and details | IMO 8616958, MMSI 356793000, Callsign 3FRJ7 | Registered in Panama - AIS Marine Traffic

Last edited by Don Keener; 12-18-2014 at 08:21 AM.
Old 12-18-2014, 10:15 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

New to the forum, but been lurking a while. I ordered an S3 that was supposed to arrive around December 25th, but my dealer told me the following:

"Looks like it will be delayed at port by a week or two. All new A3/S3 are getting a software update."

Now he says it will arrive January 5th. Is this software update that's been mentioned on the thread a couple times and by my dealer a real thing, or is it just a line that is generally used for delays?

I have no idea where my car is, but I suspect it's on one of the boats that is about to either pull into Houston or recently pulled into Houston. It's been "Intransit From Factory" since at least 12/1 (I don't have any info before that). Maybe I will pay my dealer a visit and see if they can shed some light on exactly what's going on. I can't remember being this impatient for something to arrive ever!
Old 12-18-2014, 10:21 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by dkappelman
New to the forum, but been lurking a while. I ordered an S3 that was supposed to arrive around December 25th, but my dealer told me the following:

"Looks like it will be delayed at port by a week or two. All new A3/S3 are getting a software update."

Now he says it will arrive January 5th. Is this software update that's been mentioned on the thread a couple times and by my dealer a real thing, or is it just a line that is generally used for delays?

I have no idea where my car is, but I suspect it's on one of the boats that is about to either pull into Houston or recently pulled into Houston. It's been "Intransit From Factory" since at least 12/1 (I don't have any info before that). Maybe I will pay my dealer a visit and see if they can shed some light on exactly what's going on. I can't remember being this impatient for something to arrive ever!
'Where' does your dealer expect that it will arrive on 1/5?? The port or at the dealership?

The Florida Highway should be hitting Houston right about the 5th of January based on its late departure from Emden.

FLORIDA HIGHWAY - Vehicles Carrier: current position and details | IMO 9442861, MMSI 372805000, Callsign 3EPT6 | Registered in Panama - AIS Marine Traffic
Old 12-18-2014, 12:30 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Don Keener
'Where' does your dealer expect that it will arrive on 1/5?? The port or at the dealership?

The Florida Highway should be hitting Houston right about the 5th of January based on its late departure from Emden.

FLORIDA HIGHWAY - Vehicles Carrier: current position and details | IMO 9442861, MMSI 372805000, Callsign 3EPT6 | Registered in Panama - AIS Marine Traffic
Just talked to my dealer and they said that it should be ready for me to pick up on 1/5, so maybe it is on an earlier boat. They said they would try and give me exact details tomorrow.

Audi really does need a more easily accessible tracking system for US customers. It would save the dealers and customers the headache of asking for updates.
Old 12-18-2014, 12:38 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by dkappelman
Just talked to my dealer and they said that it should be ready for me to pick up on 1/5, so maybe it is on an earlier boat. They said they would try and give me exact details tomorrow.

Audi really does need a more easily accessible tracking system for US customers. It would save the dealers and customers the headache of asking for updates.
Based on that, its likely on the Adriatic Highway which should hit Houston just before Christmas.... but it could also be Kentucky Highway which is in port now and the dealer is padding the delivery date because of the holidays.

ADRIATIC HIGHWAY - Vehicles Carrier: current position and details | IMO 9442885, MMSI 432665000, Callsign 7JDP | Registered in Japan - AIS Marine Traffic

KENTUCKY HIGHWAY - Vehicles Carrier: current position and details | IMO 8616958, MMSI 356793000, Callsign 3FRJ7 | Registered in Panama - AIS Marine Traffic

My ship (Firmament Ace) just hit Emden and should start loading up soon... Fingers crossed.
Old 01-03-2015, 12:02 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Based on that, its likely on the Adriatic Highway which should hit Houston just before Christmas.... but it could also be Kentucky Highway which is in port now and the dealer is padding the delivery date because of the holidays.

My ship (Firmament Ace) just hit Emden and should start loading up soon... Fingers crossed.
Any word on your car yet?
Old 01-03-2015, 05:12 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by seasonednuts
Nope... not yet. It appears that its on Firmament Ace. She is in transit and should show up in NY on Tuesday and then on to Brunswick by the end of the week. The only other ship it could be on is Camelia Ace which should arrive in Brunswick by the end of the week too. Ill be looking for an email from the 'owner in waiting' program hopefully by Friday saying its in Brunswick. Fingers crossed!!

How about you? Did you get a Christmas present from Germany?
Old 01-03-2015, 09:43 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Nope... not yet. It appears that its on Firmament Ace. She is in transit and should show up in NY on Tuesday and then on to Brunswick by the end of the week. The only other ship it could be on is Camelia Ace which should arrive in Brunswick by the end of the week too. Ill be looking for an email from the 'owner in waiting' program hopefully by Friday saying its in Brunswick. Fingers crossed!!

How about you? Did you get a Christmas present from Germany?
So three weeks tops for you hopefully!.. No present from Germany for me... Left a message with the manager to ask about the Audi in waiting program which you were right we DO have in canada, never got back to me... A little disappointed with the level of customer service at this dealar ship.
Old 01-03-2015, 10:42 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by seasonednuts
Sorry to say that guys, I'm more lucky. I just received information saying my sepang S3 is on his way to dealer. Should be there monday and hopefully in my driveway wednesday!
Old 01-03-2015, 11:18 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by eltook
Sorry to say that guys, I'm more lucky. I just received information saying my sepang S3 is on his way to dealer. Should be there monday and hopefully in my driveway wednesday!
Well I'm glad someone got some good news ...when did you order your Audi? I'm creeping on 4 months still no word.

Quick Reply: Anyone else on the Mermaid Ace?