Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Audi Connect and AT&T 4G

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2015, 07:29 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought a US Mobile sim card and put it into my A3, but I keep getting a "Service cannot be started" error. Besides swapping out the sim cards, was there anything else that needs to be done?
Old 06-28-2015, 09:16 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Argos
I bought a US Mobile sim card and put it into my A3, but I keep getting a "Service cannot be started" error. Besides swapping out the sim cards, was there anything else that needs to be done?
Did you add a data plan to your sim card?

If so, try to reset the data connection settings and let it start over
Old 06-28-2015, 02:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TorinTPG
Did you add a data plan to your sim card?

If so, try to reset the data connection settings and let it start over
I'm having the same issue; after receiving the card yesterday I went on the site and activated it (purchased a plan). I got the confirmation e-mail but my account on the site doesn't show any SIMs being activated, so I wonder if that's the issue.
Old 06-28-2015, 02:56 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

It took me a while for the US mobile connection to activate (an hour or so), and make sure the APN is "pwg" per US Mobile's instructions.
Old 06-28-2015, 04:25 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Soliton
It took me a while for the US mobile connection to activate (an hour or so), and make sure the APN is "pwg" per US Mobile's instructions.
Mine is showing fast.T-Mobile.com for apn. Seems to work, so I'll let it be

I came from Red Rocket and it night have grabbed the old settings.

It is working , so whatevs
Old 07-03-2015, 06:00 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 61 Likes on 56 Posts

Got my USMobile SIM card yesterday. Activated it with a 250mb data plan ($7.70 a month with service fee and E911 fee) and plugged it into the S3. MMI asked to select a profile (m2m.t-mobile.com vs fast.t-mobile.com). After not working, I rebooted MMI and then it started working (Google searches). Not sure if the reboot was the trick or it was just activation delay.

I only have 3,700 miles of my S3 after 7 months of ownership. With the Google Earth overlay turned off, I might get away with 100mb of data a month.
Old 07-03-2015, 10:56 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by DennisMitchell
Got my USMobile SIM card yesterday. Activated it with a 250mb data plan ($7.70 a month with service fee and E911 fee) and plugged it into the S3. MMI asked to select a profile (m2m.t-mobile.com vs fast.t-mobile.com). After not working, I rebooted MMI and then it started working (Google searches). Not sure if the reboot was the trick or it was just activation delay.

I only have 3,700 miles of my S3 after 7 months of ownership. With the Google Earth overlay turned off, I might get away with 100mb of data a month.
I use Google overlay and average 50mb a month or so. I don't use many of the Audi Connect services other than online destinations

Last edited by TorinTPG; 07-04-2015 at 08:02 AM.
Old 07-04-2015, 06:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by TorinTPG
Mine is showing fast.T-Mobile.com for apn. Seems to work, so I'll let it be

I came from Red Rocket and it night have grabbed the old settings.

It is working , so whatevs
Same for me, coming from Red Pocket I just selected fast.T-Mobile.com and was working within 15 minutes.
Old 07-05-2015, 05:35 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by DennisMitchell

I did exactly what you mentioned above, but I am still getting a "The service could not be started" issue when I try to use anything with data. I tried the APNs for m2m, fast.t-mobile, and as well as US Mobile's "pwg". I had no luck with any of these. Connecting to any Audi Connect items (i.e. Fuel Prices, News, etc.) and google vicinity searches will produce this error.

Is there something simple I am missing?
Old 07-05-2015, 06:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 61 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Argos
I did exactly what you mentioned above, but I am still getting a "The service could not be started" issue when I try to use anything with data. I tried the APNs for m2m, fast.t-mobile, and as well as US Mobile's "pwg". I had no luck with any of these. Connecting to any Audi Connect items (i.e. Fuel Prices, News, etc.) and google vicinity searches will produce this error.

Is there something simple I am missing?
I never did the data connection reset.

I did the MMI reboot (press Menu / Selector / Top Right Soft Key at same time for several seconds) after inserting the SIM and changing the settings.

All my Connect items are working.

Here are some images from my MMI so you can check your settings.

Last edited by DennisMitchell; 07-05-2015 at 07:17 PM.

Quick Reply: Audi Connect and AT&T 4G