Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Building a 2017 S3

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2016, 10:55 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, these are very helpful thank you!
Old 08-13-2016, 02:35 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I just ordered a 2017 as well
Prestige
Dynamic
Sport Seats
Ara Blue
Old 08-13-2016, 07:57 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

FYI. According to the order guide ara blue doesn't start production until week 46 or 48.
Old 08-14-2016, 12:18 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ThatBlueS3
FYI. According to the order guide ara blue doesn't start production until week 46 or 48.
45 and i know
Old 08-21-2016, 07:45 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

So I'm about to do my order. Here's a question: If I don't really use the navigation, is Technology Package just really about side assist and virtual cockpit? Is the MMI any different otherwise? Is the input wheel on the console smaller/different?
Old 08-21-2016, 02:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those are two main differences. There has been no differences in input wheel in the past. Many other brands will do side assist as a stand alone, but Audi does not. Side assist or as others call it blind side monitor is one of those things that we got away without for many years, but after having several cars with it, I would not consider a new one without it. But I can understand that if someone does not want nav it would be rather pricey for just that. I read that Audi had to increase processor power to accommodate the virtual cockpit. That might make the rest of the MMI system a little faster to start up.
Old 08-21-2016, 06:39 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by BobMar46
Those are two main differences. There has been no differences in input wheel in the past. Many other brands will do side assist as a stand alone, but Audi does not. Side assist or as others call it blind side monitor is one of those things that we got away without for many years, but after having several cars with it, I would not consider a new one without it. But I can understand that if someone does not want nav it would be rather pricey for just that. I read that Audi had to increase processor power to accommodate the virtual cockpit. That might make the rest of the MMI system a little faster to start up.
I see. Thanks. Do you think the screen size and menu structure of the MMI is the same regardless of choosing Technology or not?
Old 08-21-2016, 07:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by justinmj
I see. Thanks. Do you think the screen size and menu structure of the MMI is the same regardless of choosing Technology or not?
There was not much difference on a A3 loaner I had compared to mine. On the A3 there is a difference in the center display in front of the driver but I believe on the S3 both trims have the color display in front of the driver.

If you are into music the B & O sound system sounds really nice. Listen to both at the dealer.
Old 08-21-2016, 07:16 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Great! Yes, most definitely getting the B & O.
Old 08-21-2016, 10:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by justinmj
Great! Yes, most definitely getting the B & O.
For what it is worth, I am seriously into music. One member of the family is in the industry. I have been in quality studios and heard how it should really sound. I have quality equipment at home. I would classify the B & O system as the best factory system I have ever owned and the second best factory system I have heard. The Mark Levinson system that Lexus offers, to me is at the top of the list at sounding most natural, but that is a radically different type of car. Although I am intrigued by availability of a B & W sound system in some Volvo vehicles, I have not heard that. I have their speakers at home and they are like being there live. At any rate the difference on B & O compared to the base sound system is amazing and at least to me well worth the price spread. Really my only disappointment in the system is that it will not play flac files. They are truly lossless.

Quick Reply: Building a 2017 S3