Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Discovered New Storage Drawer in Cabriolet

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2015, 11:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Discovered New Storage Drawer in Cabriolet

While visiting my brother who owns a couple of Audi's, he was checking out my new Cabrio, and much to my delight he discovered a large, hidden storage drawer under the front passenger's seat. I couldn't be happier, since storage inside the cabin is sparse, especially when you lose half of the glove box to the MMI system. There's no drawer under the driver's seat, but that's often where they put the amp for the audio system--not really sure. This hidden drawer isn't mentioned in the manual, and I don't even think my extremely knowledgeable salesman knew about it! Will have to shoot him an email.
Old 03-25-2015, 07:56 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you have Bang & Olufsen???
Old 03-25-2015, 08:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I found this out about a month in of ownership as well by surprise. I keep some extra usb cables for charging, and some other small items. Is your a drawer or just a door that fold down to allow you to get to the "smallish" compartment?
Old 03-25-2015, 08:55 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yeah I knew about that door from someone here who pointed it out.

IMO, it's still too small. I wish it was big enough to at least hold music CD cases, or the big car manual that takes up a lot of space of the glove compartment.
Old 03-25-2015, 09:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mroberte
I found this out about a month in of ownership as well by surprise. I keep some extra usb cables for charging, and some other small items. Is your a drawer or just a door that fold down to allow you to get to the "smallish" compartment?
The compartment was shown to me but I haven't had the chance to look at it closely yet. It appeared to be just a fold-down door. Maybe it looked bigger from a distance. Will check it out more thoroughly so I can figure out what it will hold, but if it's too small for the owners manual or even a CD case, I won't be expecting much.
Old 03-25-2015, 03:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

I was reading on a European forum that a lot of them have put their Audi first aid kit inside, and it fits more or less perfectly. Wonder if that was the original intention. I was hoping to get one for the drivers seat, but I haven't found any yet. Even though it's small, storage is storage...
Old 03-25-2015, 03:42 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I tried putting the Audi first aid kit in mine and it didn't fit, manuals don't fit either as stated. Not sure what the original intention but little things should fit fine, cables, glasses etc.
Old 03-27-2015, 03:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Do you have a pic? Do you think this compartment box can be added or retrofitted since i don't have it.... thanks
Old 03-29-2015, 01:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Pictures of passenger seat underside compartment

Here are some shots of the door, which looks like it covers a fairly large compartment, but as you'll see in the photos the compartment itself is pretty small. if it were about 1/4" wider it would hold the owner's manual, but alas it's not. The First Aid Kit is bigger than the owner's manual, so that's not going to fit in here either. I haven't actually measured it, but I'd estimate it's about six inches wide, by five inches deep, and maybe 1.5 inches tall. Good place to stash an extra baseball cap, sunglasses, and a bottle of sunblock for those top-down days ahead.

Old 03-30-2015, 02:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Very good. Thankyou for the pics!

Quick Reply: Discovered New Storage Drawer in Cabriolet