Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

iPod controls in MMI don't include Shuffle feature?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2015, 11:45 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default iPod controls in MMI don't include Shuffle feature?

Hey Guys,
First post so go easy on the noob. Just moved over from the blue and white roundel and purchased an S3. Love the car so far but am having one really annoying issue.

With my iPod plugged in through the connector supplied by Audi, I cannot get the playlist to play in the "shuffle" format. The screen for "Media" and then "Settings" does not display this as an option. I did RTFM and it is clearly shown as an option on page 39-40 in the MMI manual. Dealer hasn't been able to provide an answer yet. Any ideas?

Thanks!
Old 01-23-2015, 05:30 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Some features of older iPods are not supported with the MMI via the AMI cable. Try a more recent model, i.e. an iPhone or iPod Touch to see if the random option appears.
Old 01-24-2015, 02:06 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Some features of older iPods are not supported with the MMI via the AMI cable. Try a more recent model, i.e. an iPhone or iPod Touch to see if the random option appears.
Thanks! I do have an iPod touch with the latest software loaded. It is an older iPod touch.
Old 01-28-2015, 02:35 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Boozer21
Hey Guys,
First post so go easy on the noob. Just moved over from the blue and white roundel and purchased an S3. Love the car so far but am having one really annoying issue.

With my iPod plugged in through the connector supplied by Audi, I cannot get the playlist to play in the "shuffle" format. The screen for "Media" and then "Settings" does not display this as an option. I did RTFM and it is clearly shown as an option on page 39-40 in the MMI manual. Dealer hasn't been able to provide an answer yet. Any ideas?

Thanks!

I did some research because I was just as annoyed and apparently the only way to shuffle through an ipod is to manually do it on the iPad as that function itself isn't available on the mmi screen. This on top of not having cover art on my screen because I need another red cable for this function to work really annoy me, you'd think a 40k+ car would do what Japanese 20k cars do
Old 01-29-2015, 01:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

There is a checkbox in the settings within media to shuffle. It's works fine for me on my older 80GB iPod classic.
Old 01-30-2015, 10:51 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by audiracer2002
There is a checkbox in the settings within media to shuffle. It's works fine for me on my older 80GB iPod classic.
I tried 3 different ipod models and no luck. maybe it's the cable itself. I have the blue audi cable
Old 02-02-2015, 02:00 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Bluetooth or Cable?

Originally Posted by audiracer2002
Are you connected via Bluetooth or the Cable? Still no luck for me.
Old 02-02-2015, 04:44 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Are you connected via Bluetooth or the Cable? Still no luck for me.
When my phone is in shuffle mode and connected via bluetooth, when I hit skip to next song, it remains with the shuffle. I'm no sure that is what you guys are talking about though.
Old 02-02-2015, 06:16 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default I'm talking about the cable

Originally Posted by zzimbile
When my phone is in shuffle mode and connected via bluetooth, when I hit skip to next song, it remains with the shuffle. I'm no sure that is what you guys are talking about though.
No, I'm talking about when connected with the cable. I like being able to control thru MMI while driving.
Old 02-03-2015, 07:40 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

No, I'm talking about when connected with the cable. I like being able to control thru MMI while driving.
Ah got it, sorry about that.

Quick Reply: iPod controls in MMI don't include Shuffle feature?