Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Magnetic Ride Maintenance/Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2016, 11:56 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Magnetic Ride Maintenance/Warranty

Hey guys I just got a 2015 S3 (really really really digging this car). Im trying map out how I am going to best take care of it. I think i have the drivetrain mapped out but I had some questions about the suspension.

Are there any magnetic ride maintenance procedures to perform? If they fail/wear out are they covered under AudiCare and/or the TermCare package?

TIA!
Old 04-29-2016, 04:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kapitanemo
Hey guys I just got a 2015 S3 (really really really digging this car). Im trying map out how I am going to best take care of it. I think i have the drivetrain mapped out but I had some questions about the suspension.

Are there any magnetic ride maintenance procedures to perform? If they fail/wear out are they covered under AudiCare and/or the TermCare package?

TIA!
Magnetic shocks are supposed to last at least during your 4yeah/50,000 miles factory warranty. They are supposed to be maintenance free parts of your car. If they fail to function properly they sure are covered by factory warranty provided no mods to suspension are made (e.g. lowering springs). I have mag ride on my car and I am pretty confident these are solid shocks that will do just fine long term.
Old 05-02-2016, 06:08 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

^^^totally agree with what salvadorik wrote. No none maintenance required to my knowledge. Love the magnetic shock system! Usually run in dynamic mode except switch to comfort on really crappy snowy winter days or if I drive up into Michigan. Roads are horrible there! LOL.
Old 05-02-2016, 08:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 102 Likes on 81 Posts

As a matter of clarification, AudiCare is not a warranty product. It is a product that you purchase to pre-pay for the scheduled maintenance of your Audi.
Old 05-02-2016, 09:13 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I assumed the OP meant if maintenance for the magnetic system was performed under Audicare. For example, I purchased Audicare partly because a major Haldex maintenance is performed at around 40K miles. All covered under Audicare. Supposedly saves a few hundred dollars over paying for each maintenance action individually.
Old 05-03-2016, 02:23 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Fixeroh
I assumed the OP meant if maintenance for the magnetic system was performed under Audicare. For example, I purchased Audicare partly because a major Haldex maintenance is performed at around 40K miles. All covered under Audicare. Supposedly saves a few hundred dollars over paying for each maintenance action individually.
Yes that one^

Also TermCare covers brakes, I was wondering if it also covered shocks too!
Old 05-04-2016, 12:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

I got this letter from AOA. The language used on the letter is ambiguous. It says that this sevice is in addition to all maintenance information and yet they say the first DSG service will be done at 40K miles. Per service manual DSG is supposed to be flashed at 35K miles. Did anybody else receive similar letter? I have Audi Care.

Last edited by salvadorik; 05-04-2016 at 12:06 AM.
Old 05-04-2016, 11:24 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by salvadorik

I got this letter from AOA. The language used on the letter is ambiguous. It says that this sevice is in addition to all maintenance information and yet they say the first DSG service will be done at 40K miles. Per service manual DSG is supposed to be flashed at 35K miles. Did anybody else receive similar letter? I have Audi Care.
Interesting. I'm at 36.5k miles right now and I haven't received that letter for my 2015.

My inspection due notice in the car says something like 300 more miles before inspection. I plan to schedule it today...
Old 05-05-2016, 06:38 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I received the letter. Contact your Audi dealer.
Old 05-05-2016, 05:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I've gotten these a few times for different Audis, sometimes they miss something from the manual or decide after a new model is out, that changes need to be made. Sometimes they move up services, sometimes push them back.

I did get this one FWIW.

Quick Reply: Magnetic Ride Maintenance/Warranty