Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

MMI Navigation Plus replacement parts

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2015, 02:25 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MMI Navigation Plus replacement parts

Hi,

In Canada for some annoying reason we do not have an MMI system with an LTE radio with the ability for the navigation system to integrate with Google Maps like the United States version of the A3/S3 does.

I was wondering if it would be possible to purchase the US version of the MMI computer and replace the stock one that we get here in Canada.

Just asking, I am sure its expensive.
Old 05-13-2015, 03:37 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Yes, it is possible.

It's going to cost you a lot for the unit though. You can order the parts from ebay.
Old 05-13-2015, 09:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I put the android system in my car and love it, also included the rear view camera with the steering wheel lines.

From what I read, some people have been able to retrofit the MMI system into their car, but it locks up often for some reason.

Android system: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Navigation-Audi-A3-8V-Touchscreen-Multimedia-Sound-integration-Android-/221623806749?hash=item3399ceeb1d&vxp=mtr
Old 05-14-2015, 01:24 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by mroberte
I put the android system in my car and love it, also included the rear view camera with the steering wheel lines.

From what I read, some people have been able to retrofit the MMI system into their car, but it locks up often for some reason.

Android system: Navigation Audi A3 8V Touchscreen Multimedia Sound Integration Android | eBay
If someone can do this for me, I am totally down for doing this.

One down side for this is they didn't bother to upgrade the OS to lollipop, heck even Kitkat. Kinda sad.....
Old 05-18-2015, 10:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by shansoft
If someone can do this for me, I am totally down for doing this.

One down side for this is they didn't bother to upgrade the OS to lollipop, heck even Kitkat. Kinda sad.....
I could help you install it, it's actually pretty easy, just a little time consuming to get all the wires tucked and hidden.

I've been talking with the manufacturer about upgrading the OS, they just recently gave me a new update however it wasn't the OS. If could get this rooted and pull out the APK that controls the rear camera and steering inputs, this would be golden.
Old 05-19-2015, 11:43 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by mroberte
I could help you install it, it's actually pretty easy, just a little time consuming to get all the wires tucked and hidden.

I've been talking with the manufacturer about upgrading the OS, they just recently gave me a new update however it wasn't the OS. If could get this rooted and pull out the APK that controls the rear camera and steering inputs, this would be golden.
Thank you so much

I'll let you know when I need help on it, haven't bought the module yet.

Is it compatible with the MMI Plus? They didn't say much about that.
Old 05-19-2015, 07:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Yes its compatible with all versions of the MMI systems (standard, navigation and nav+ versions). It will replace the screen with a touch screen and piggyback's off of the current MMI setup.
Old 05-25-2015, 04:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

My apologies for jumping into this thread but I've searched and found nothing this topic. I just purchased an A3 TDI that didn't have Nav. It was the only TDI on the lot so I took it. Is there a way to purchase and add an MMI system with Nav myself? I asked the dealership and they said they can't/won't do it.