Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

mods on a s3 2015

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2017, 06:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default mods on a s3 2015

installed some items I got. thought I would review them as I couldn't find much when I was looking.

neuspeed:

hi flo turbo discharge conversion
power pulley kit
(did feel a change on the higher rpm range. quicker acceleration. it basically gave back some lost power from the stock parts.)

black forest industries:

stage 2 transmission mount
stage 2engine mount
(got more feel out of the car. there will be more nvh for sure. its just not that drastic or bad but do expect it as your changing out stock bushings for stiffer. I mean that's the whole point right?)

go fast bits DV+ diverter valve
(it seems like its more reactive and that the boost seems like it holds better throughout the gear changes)

cts turbo mqb high flow turbo inlet pipe
(does the least. felt nothing, hear nothing. I guess it would be more pronounced if I had an intake but this alone does nothing)

034 dogbone mount
(felt it right away. the gear changes are crispy. less sludge)

ecs tuning pendulum mount
(not as dramatic in feel but its like adding more to the dogbone mount feel. it does give that little bit more feel but not that much. really not worth the price tag they charge for this item. I would have to say it looks really nice but its under the car.

I would say its a fun install for each as I did each item on different days. that way I would be able to see what each did on its own as for feel and performance.

the items are pricey for what they offer in performance but nonetheless it was fun installing and seeing what they can do.

there is definitely a change but I have no dyno specs to show actual number changes. I feel that the changes are not that significant like a tune would. I think a tuned car without any other mods would fair more than these mods combined. I actually did these without having full performance in mind.

what I was looking for is more car feel, raw drivetrain feel. the car in stock form feels way too compliant for my taste. with these mods I have to say it now feels much better, louder, rougher, more direct (as much as an automatic can feel). its actually a little more fun to drive than before, not that it was bad before.

as for NVH, hell yeah! that's what I'm looking for. it isn't that bad but now I can hear the engine and feel it through the steering wheel. when I do a slow accelerations I can hear it and feel it ramping up through the gears. for me, not everything is about mashing the pedal to the floor and seeing how fast it goes.
strange thing is that when I installed the engine mount last it actually smoothed out the gear changes. before it would bang out each gear like as if something was broken but now its actually more smoother when I changes gears, up or down. installing the transmission mount first didn't clear out the banging sound but it actually helped with transmission performance the most. the engine mount seemed like it did the least in the performance area. it just basically helped out with that banging sound when gears changed. I would say if your interested in performance stage 2 transmission is the best item vs the engine mount.

over all, the car is louder and more raw. how I like it. the accelerations feel way more crispy and more direct. I am hoping a few good things will come of it.
1. original power is released back to the drive train.
2. better MPG as ill try to drive more civilized for a whole tank.
3. better drivability in stop and go traffic.

I cant wait to blow off some more money... errr get more parts I mean.

Last edited by 949; 02-07-2017 at 07:11 PM.
Old 02-09-2017, 10:39 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you install these mods one after another in that order? Curious how you arrived at the conclusion that the cts turbo inlet did nothing, when it could have been over shadows by the neuspeed hi flow discharge + power pulley. Everywhere else I read, the cts turbo inlet does the most in terms of intake mods.
Old 02-10-2017, 04:11 PM
JDM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Agree on the dogbone mount. That thing did wonders for mine.
Old 02-14-2017, 06:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by junkstory
Did you install these mods one after another in that order? Curious how you arrived at the conclusion that the cts turbo inlet did nothing, when it could have been over shadows by the neuspeed hi flow discharge + power pulley. Everywhere else I read, the cts turbo inlet does the most in terms of intake mods.
these are not in order. I just mentioned them here as I remembered.

these were installed one at a time. I did have a good amount of driving time in between and before the next item was installed.

the neuspeed and power pulley wasn't before the cts. I did read a few others that said it did something for them but I also read that they had an intake. to clarify it is the cts turbo inlet elbow not the inlet hose. the items that was installed before the elbow was the dog bone mount and the GFB DV+. what I did notice was little more sound of whoosh but it was really faint. also when I set them next to each other they didn't have a huge difference like the neuspeed items where the inner diameter had a huge difference which would appear to restrict a lot. so the item was pretty isolated for my review.

Last edited by 949; 02-14-2017 at 06:27 AM.