Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

New Misano Red S3 Prestige

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2015, 06:15 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fixeroh
Storm982; where in Ohio are you located? I'm near Cbus and got my S3 at Byers near the airport. Ordered mine WITHOUT the front plate holder. Hate those things. Drove my last car, 2006 Civic Si, without a front plate for 8 years. Never cited/stopped. Your car looks great BTW! Awesome and congrats. I got a winter wheel/tire package from Tire Rack was well but went with an 18 inch set. I did get my S3 with the 19 inch performance package. These wheels/tires are resting comfortably in the basement right now. Can't wait for spring to get her so I can put them back on!

As a thought, after you remove your front plate and holder, keep the plate inside the car to put up on the dash board if you happen to park downtown in any major Ohio city or town. Good luck on getting the holder off.
I'm up in the Akron area. Got my S3 from the Cascade group. First S3 they sold apparently. I always intended to go through MAG for my next car, but everything just kinda lined up up here. Which tires and wheels did you end up going with? I never thought I would buy a red car, but the one I test drove was the Misano Red and I just kinda fell for it then, haha. I kinda want a good snow fall so I can put my winters and the Quattro through their paces. Good idea for the front plate. I was also considering the tow hook attachment as well. I've had my front plate off my accord since 2007 and never was cited. I once was pulled over on the turnpike for slightly speeding and the officer mentioned it, but I was let off with a warning for the speed and plate and my tint he said was slightly too dark. But yeah, tomorrow I'll be taking it off.
Old 01-21-2015, 07:14 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Went out for a drive this morning and then came home and removed the front plate. Thanks again for the insight that it could be removed. Took all of two minutes.

Old 01-21-2015, 07:39 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Holy cow you have WAY more snow than we have. Amazing what a hour north can mean in Ohio! LOL The red is a gorgeous color. Don't second guess yourself there. The wheels I got were part of the 19 inch wheel/magnetic suspension package. They are 5 spoke wheels that look really sharp. Sort of a muted gray color. I got my S3 right at the end of September and was told it was the first one delivered in Ohio. Have been loving this car more and more every day. And this forum has helped me learn a few things as well. The car looks awesome with the front plate gone. I know Ohio has something in legislation to drop the front plates but it hasn't passed yet. I believe law enforcement groups are opposed as they lase off the front plate for speed checks for one.

Again, great looking car and better now sans front plate!
Old 01-21-2015, 08:40 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Fixeroh
Holy cow you have WAY more snow than we have. Amazing what a hour north can mean in Ohio! LOL The red is a gorgeous color. Don't second guess yourself there. The wheels I got were part of the 19 inch wheel/magnetic suspension package. They are 5 spoke wheels that look really sharp. Sort of a muted gray color. I got my S3 right at the end of September and was told it was the first one delivered in Ohio. Have been loving this car more and more every day. And this forum has helped me learn a few things as well. The car looks awesome with the front plate gone. I know Ohio has something in legislation to drop the front plates but it hasn't passed yet. I believe law enforcement groups are opposed as they lase off the front plate for speed checks for one.

Again, great looking car and better now sans front plate!

I know! She looks so much better now. I was more curious about your winter setup. I love the Misano Red more and more everyday. I just want it to get nice out so I can wax her up. Cleveland is about 30min north of us, and they got more than us here. Lake Effect snow.
Old 01-26-2015, 02:25 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Storm982
I've been doing some research and I think you're correct. There are 2 screws and 2 clips and the plate should come off. I'm at work right now but I'll check on this and report back if I can get it removed. Thanks for the insight.
As an FYI, my S3 came in with the front license plate installed not knowing when I ordered that there was a delete option but the Audi dealership removed (two screws I believe) and the front looks just like the delete option.
Attached Images  
Old 01-30-2015, 02:42 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Your car looks great!! So, how exactly did you get the front plate off? NY requires them also, but I might try my hand at lawbreaking....
Old 01-30-2015, 06:34 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Quattro_Quattro
Your car looks great!! So, how exactly did you get the front plate off? NY requires them also, but I might try my hand at lawbreaking....
Thanks!! Looking from the bottom of the plate there are 2 hex screws you undo. then in the square cutouts you'll see a silver clip. Use a flat head screw driver to angle it downward and the plate holder will slide towards you when you pull. Simple as that.
Attached Images  
Old 04-13-2015, 08:13 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Wash and Waxed

Wash and wax the ride today. Got some new detailing products as well.

Had to wash the bugs off.

AMMO detailing products.
Old 09-19-2015, 04:11 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Storm982
Went out for a drive this morning and then came home and removed the front plate. Thanks again for the insight that it could be removed. Took all of two minutes.

Nice car, nice color
Old 09-20-2015, 11:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

misano red is a great color in person as is sepang blue. I got glacier white specifically because relative to those other colors it looks great but is relatively low visibility to john law. plus the first s3 I ever saw was on the back lot of the dealer I purchased from in that color. it looked like something from another planet. the tractor beam worked on me anyway.

Quick Reply: New Misano Red S3 Prestige