Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Potential New S3 Owner

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2015, 06:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gmuelheims14
A number of dealerships that I have talked to within the state have said that the S Sport seats do in fact come powered.
Dealers are full of crap and will say anything. The amount of misinformation that I received from dealers can fill up a book. Do not take anything a dealer says as the Gospel. Dealers are actually trained to say anything if they do not have an answer. They are told that 99 times out of 100 that the person asking the question is clueless about cars. They are taught to never not have an answer. So they spew out bile when they don't have an answer. I can't stand car dealers.
Old 04-09-2015, 06:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The best way to get answers to questions like this is to contact AoA directly.

I've emailed them and used their Audichat and always received quick responses.
http://www.audiusa.com/myaudi/offers-programs
Old 04-09-2015, 09:43 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Kevin70
The best way to get answers to questions like this is to contact AoA directly.

I've emailed them and used their Audichat and always received quick responses.
Audi Lease Specials & Offers | Audi USA
Thanks for all of your responses. Seems like there's a lot of confusion about the seats, so I'll be sure to get ahold of Audi USA. Either way I think I'll still go with the Quilted Seats but it's good to know what I'm getting myself into in advance. The Nappa Leather really stood out to me when I compared an S4's nappa leather seats to the S3's standard seats.
Old 04-09-2015, 11:14 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Spoonie G
Dealers are full of crap and will say anything. The amount of misinformation that I received from dealers can fill up a book. Do not take anything a dealer says as the Gospel. Dealers are actually trained to say anything if they do not have an answer. They are told that 99 times out of 100 that the person asking the question is clueless about cars. They are taught to never not have an answer. So they spew out bile when they don't have an answer. I can't stand car dealers.
+ 1000000
I have had moments when I have had to tell dealers to Shut up because of the crap they throw thinking consumers are illiterate!
Old 04-09-2015, 11:42 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

i think you can order homelink now. i would have added that if i was ordering now so keep that in mind.

Wait until you experiance the launch control on the car!
Old 04-09-2015, 12:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

I ordered a S3 two weeks ago and there is no homelink option on the list of those available. Could it be buried in with another option?

This should be a fun little car. I'll be bummed if I bought my wife a car that is more fun to drive than mine....

Last edited by Kevin70; 04-09-2015 at 12:41 PM.
Old 04-09-2015, 01:21 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevin70
I ordered a S3 two weeks ago and there is no homelink option on the list of those available. Could it be buried in with another option?

This should be a fun little car. I'll be bummed if I bought my wife a car that is more fun to drive than mine....
no it is a stand alone option!
Old 04-09-2015, 01:38 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Sthree21
+ 1000000
I have had moments when I have had to tell dealers to Shut up because of the crap they throw thinking consumers are illiterate!
Here are a few doosies that dealers tried to tell me:

1) Toyota Supra is AWD (they didn't have one in the showroom at the time)
2) The previous generation C-Class put down its rated power to the wheels.
3) The Current CLA-45 AMG comes equipped with LED headlights as a dealer installed option. I called him out on this.
4) The reason why BMW mounts the SMG transmission paddles on the steering wheel and not the column is because the transmission doesn't have a torque converter.
5) Told me that the BMW 3-series didn't have an option for a power rear sunshade. The car I owned was a BMW 3-series with a power rear-sunshade.

There's more but they were probably so crazy that it didn't retain in my mind.

What gets on my nerves even more are the folks that say "My dealer says". Like that supposed to mean something.
Old 04-09-2015, 01:58 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Does anyone happen to have a picture of the side of the S3 with the S Sport Quilted Seats? I'm interested in seeing what it might look like as there are none in the area with the S Sport seats. Thanks
Old 04-09-2015, 02:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

There are a boat load of S3 pictures on Pinterest. Go there and enter 'Audi S3' in the search bar.
TBO I can't tell if it has those seats until up pretty close.

Quick Reply: Potential New S3 Owner