Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Upgraded your sound system yet?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2015, 11:19 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by hamz01
Yeah, that's ideally what I'd like to do, with a couple of these: JL Audio 12TW3-D4 Shallow-mount 12" subwoofer with dual 4-ohm voice coils at Crutchfield.com
This seems ideal to me, goose-up the sub, particularly for low-volume, let us know if you go for it.
Old 09-09-2015, 01:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just ordered this and will have it installed soon.

KICKER | IQI Intelligent Interface

I have the kicker IQ 1000watt 5 channel amp. It has it's own processor so I can set the EQ for each speaker which I love. With the addition of this piece I can adjust everything on the fly from my phone (different settings for talk radio; bluetooth music; terrestrial radio) and it basically bypasses the head unit which I think we all feel the non B&O MMI sound quality is sub par.
Old 09-09-2015, 01:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by arU4ic
This seems ideal to me, goose-up the sub, particularly for low-volume, let us know if you go for it.
X2!! I wish I had seen that before I got mine. lol

I will have to stick with what I've got cause I just ordered coilovers, wheels and tires. I blame mroberte for furthering my obsession with mods.
Old 09-09-2015, 11:06 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by T1no33
I just ordered this and will have it installed soon.

KICKER | IQI Intelligent Interface

I have the kicker IQ 1000watt 5 channel amp. It has it's own processor so I can set the EQ for each speaker which I love. With the addition of this piece I can adjust everything on the fly from my phone (different settings for talk radio; bluetooth music; terrestrial radio) and it basically bypasses the head unit which I think we all feel the non B&O MMI sound quality is sub par.
This seems like a great solution if you're bypassing the MMI, but I was really hoping to integrate with it. I thought the stock MMI was the same as the B&O one, therefore containing an unused preout that, presumably, B&O used to go to an external amp? Am I off on this?

Last edited by hamz01; 09-09-2015 at 11:09 AM.
Old 09-09-2015, 11:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by T1no33
X2!! I wish I had seen that before I got mine. lol

I will have to stick with what I've got cause I just ordered coilovers, wheels and tires. I blame mroberte for furthering my obsession with mods.
hahaha, I'm glad I brought you over to the dark side! Your going to love the coilovers! When you start, you can't stop. Wheels are next for me, then exhaust #problems
Old 09-09-2015, 11:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

This seems like a great solution if you're bypassing the MMI, but I was really hoping to integrate with it. I thought the stock MMI was the same as the B&O one, therefore containing an unused preout that, presumably, B&O used to go to an external amp? Am I off on this?
I think you might be able to add the B&O components to any of the MMI's since its external amp, however not really sure because depends if VCD can be enabling in lower end systems. Pins #9 and #13 are the sub output.

Here is some info for those that need it of the pinouts on the back of the MMI. This should pertain to all of them.

Old 09-09-2015, 02:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mroberte
hahaha, I'm glad I brought you over to the dark side! Your going to love the coilovers! When you start, you can't stop. Wheels are next for me, then exhaust #problems
Yeah, it's an addiction for sure. lol

I'm struggling to find an exhaust for my TDI.
Old 09-09-2015, 02:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mroberte
I think you might be able to add the B&O components to any of the MMI's since its external amp, however not really sure because depends if VCD can be enabling in lower end systems. Pins #9 and #13 are the sub output.

Here is some info for those that need it of the pinouts on the back of the MMI. This should pertain to all of them.

If anyone can figure this out it would be you.
Old 09-09-2015, 02:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

I do believe that the IQI does work in tandem with the MMI. I know my amp, which has it's own processor does and this is just an extension of that. I like it because it gives me more control beyond just treble, bass and sub *****. I need to fine tune the sound more to fully enjoy it.
Old 09-13-2015, 12:47 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

My actual fear is that I'll have too much control and for the next 5 years, be constantly fiddling with sound.

Quick Reply: Upgraded your sound system yet?