Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Wait a minute! Found new "hidden" features - (hill hold assist & reverse mirror tilt)

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2015, 02:01 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mroberte
Oh I meant the reverse tilting, not folding the mirrors. Didn't get that option unfortunately.
The tilting passenger mirror works as described as well.

You're in reverse.
You move the mirror control **** to the Passenger position

and the passenger mirror will automatically adjust down.

It will say that way until you hit the Rear Camera button on the dash to turn it off.

Then the passenger mirror will move back to it's previous position.
Old 07-25-2015, 03:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gamegenie
The tilting passenger mirror works as described as well.

You're in reverse.
You move the mirror control **** to the Passenger position

and the passenger mirror will automatically adjust down.

It will say that way until you hit the Rear Camera button on the dash to turn it off.

Then the passenger mirror will move back to it's previous position.
Have a premium car without OEM rear camera so no button. Because I have a very early release of this car, I think its a completely different module that allows the "learning" of the mirror reverse tilt as I've tried doing via the audi video and also the VCD - no dice both ways.
Old 07-27-2015, 10:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

it sounds as though, for 2016 S3s, unless you have Prestige and the power folding mirrors, you don't have the curb view option. Real classy Audi. A 2003 Chevy Avalanche has this feature, but not a $50k S-level Audi.
Old 07-27-2015, 10:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 61 Likes on 56 Posts

The launch edition S3's (250 made) with Daytona package did not include the A3/S3 Convenience Package. This package is not available on the Premium trim, optional on the Premium Plus, and included in the Prestige.

So somebody at AoA thought it was a good idea to exclude the Convenience Package option from the launch editions. Customers did not fully understand that such a basic option package was excluded.

Last edited by DennisMitchell; 07-27-2015 at 04:22 PM.
Old 07-27-2015, 03:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

I'm under the impression that I have a "launch edition" A3. Manual climate controls and most likely why the reverse tilt doesn't work, but in other A3/S3's it works without hassle. Also I keep seeing (after getting other base A3 as loaners) all HVAC are auto.

Last edited by mroberte; 07-27-2015 at 04:02 PM.
Old 07-27-2015, 04:18 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 61 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by mroberte
I'm under the impression that I have a "launch edition" A3. Manual climate controls and most likely why the reverse tilt doesn't work, but in other A3/S3's it works without hassle. Also I keep seeing (after getting other base A3 as loaners) all HVAC are auto.
Yes, as I recall, the early A3's (April 2014 release) built before week 17 got $350 credit on their window sticker because the dual HVAC controls were not available.

Last edited by DennisMitchell; 07-27-2015 at 04:21 PM.
Old 07-27-2015, 05:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Yep, just checked my window sticker and "Credit - Single Zone Climate Control - $350"
Old 07-29-2015, 02:38 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I discovered this by accident. When you get off the car, while waiting for your passengers (wife and kid in my case) to get off and close their doors, you can lock your car first by touching the door handle. The car will only lock once the last open door is shut.
No more waiting for all doors to be shut before you lock it. Pretty cool.
Old 07-29-2015, 08:59 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I like how Hold Assist was integrated into Electronic Park brake.

Now when I am at an ATM or Restaurant Drive Thru, I can put the car in Hold without unlocking all the car doors, as when I had to move the gear shift to Park previously.
Old 07-29-2015, 09:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by rs200z
I discovered this by accident. When you get off the car, while waiting for your passengers (wife and kid in my case) to get off and close their doors, you can lock your car first by touching the door handle. The car will only lock once the last open door is shut.
No more waiting for all doors to be shut before you lock it. Pretty cool.
For those with a Premium car, also just noticed you really can't lock your doors at all without the keyfob.

I unlocked my car to get my glasses and left my keys in the house to go walk to an event. I then pressed the lock button on the door and the doors would not lock. I then tried locking by pulling the handle (like I had to do on my old Acura) and still nothing. I tried seeing if by some random miraculous miracle if I then closed the door and then pressed on the indention on the door handle the doors would lock... nothing.

So moral of the story, you can only lock the car by physically inserting the key into the keylock and locking or locking by the button on the keyfob. Really dumb. Went back upstairs, got the keys, pressed the button, then left keys at house and left.

Quick Reply: Wait a minute! Found new "hidden" features - (hill hold assist & reverse mirror tilt)