Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Weather Tech Rear Mats Now Available.

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2015, 11:07 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by drober30
Hey, how did your car turn out with the Xpel and coating you picked?
Better than I ever expected! The clear bra is an Avery Denison product with a lifetime warranty. Full hood, front and front fenders. Simply cannot see that anything is on the car. Paint treatment was Xzilon. It's what that particular shop uses exclusively. Did the entire exterior and interior. Can't appreciate it because of all the damn rain here. Also had 50% tint applied to all the windows. The shop was great and the workers were super. They had some exotic cars in the shop at the time I arrived. To me that meant people trusted them with some expensive hardware. Was expensive but worth the cost to me. I feel much better about being out in the elements now. Except for the current hail warnings. Not much going to stop that!
Old 04-10-2015, 07:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good to hear everything turned out perfect!

I just had the last of the Xpel film installed, I went crazy and did the whole car except trunk lid and I only did the luggage kit for rear bumper. Crazy expensive but worth it to me.

Not even kidding, on the way home from picking up my car, I was in the left lane on the expressway and I got boxed in by two semi trucks to my side and a dump truck in front of me (far left lane, what the hell was he doing in the far left lane!) and I could hear all the silt and pebbles showering my car (back of dump truck had huge 1-866-got junk banner on it).

Although I was still super annoyed, I knew the money I just spent was well worth it to me!

Getting the opti Coat Pro installed 5/1.
Old 04-15-2015, 05:26 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

drober30: Also good to hear things worked out for you as well. Entire car eh? Bet that did cost a pretty penny but sure it will be worth it in the long run. Especially if you encounter situations as you described with trucks often. LOL. Besides the entire front end, I did have film applied to the top of the rear bumper by the trunk. Makes sense. Thinking of getting the A pillars done as well.

Just loving this car more and more everyday. Mounted the 19 inch summer wheel/tire package last weekend finally so we're complete for the coming nice weather.
Old 04-15-2015, 07:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep, the Xpel thing was kinda of addicting but now I don't have to be as watchful over my nine year old daughter or passengers. It was pricey but worth it if you worry about keeping your car nice, especially in our states. If I lived in Florida with nice roads and no winter, I would have just done the front clip.

I have been thinking about putting on the 19's, maybe this weekend but I dread driving with them on our roads. I was thinking about waiting until the patching crews had been out but that may never happen!

Michigan has a ballot proposal to increase sales tax (and several others that are not being advertised) to pay for road funding. I don't think the state will work on the roads until the vote next month, hoping the crappier roads will get the proposal passed.