Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Wow--APR still does not have their s3 exhaust out yet?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2015, 06:26 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Wow--APR still does not have their s3 exhaust out yet?

Sad days. WTF are they up to over there? Drinking sweet tea and eating Chikfilla all day apparently because they also are not returning my phone calls or emails.

100% going Unitronic and waiting for their Uniconnect setup.

Former loyal APR customer from 2001 turned APR hater in 2015.
Go Unitronic!
Old 08-04-2015, 02:14 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmmm good point....
Old 08-05-2015, 05:04 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

markN1689: You are really on an APR rant lately. I got an APR ECU tune along with their carbon fiber intake a few months back. Couldn't be happier! The car is a blast to drive and zero issues to date. Is there something in particular that has set up off about APR? This is my first experience with them.
Old 08-05-2015, 06:06 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Pretty upset about their new tune methods:
Release product now with no testing and earn cash fast.
Have you seen the TCU fiasco?
Also wheres the s3 exhaust?
Not to mention they never got back to me about some questions on the chip.
Pretty sad knowing they have an army of people whos job it is to help assist us.
i had like 3 or 4 cars chipped with APR. one stage 2+ b5 s4 back in 2000

APR has been trying to sweep this problem under the rug. I'm compelled to expose them
In the meantime I will be waiting for my unitronic tune (not at 5k yet)'

To this day no one has gotten back to me... still waiting...

Last edited by markN1689; 08-05-2015 at 06:11 AM.
Old 08-05-2015, 08:48 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by markN1689
Pretty upset about their new tune methods:
Release product now with no testing and earn cash fast.
Have you seen the TCU fiasco?
Also wheres the s3 exhaust?
Not to mention they never got back to me about some questions on the chip.
Pretty sad knowing they have an army of people whos job it is to help assist us.
i had like 3 or 4 cars chipped with APR. one stage 2+ b5 s4 back in 2000

APR has been trying to sweep this problem under the rug. I'm compelled to expose them
In the meantime I will be waiting for my unitronic tune (not at 5k yet)'

To this day no one has gotten back to me... still waiting...
So in the same post, ranting that they don't test their stuff enough, you rant that they need to hurry up with their stuff...
I can understand why they are not returning your calls.
But what I do know. I just have an A3 to get groceries...
Old 08-09-2015, 10:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Sad days. WTF are they up to over there? Drinking sweet tea and eating Chikfilla all day apparently because they also are not returning my phone calls or emails.

100% going Unitronic and waiting for their Uniconnect setup.

Former loyal APR customer from 2001 turned APR hater in 2015.
Go Unitronic!
Don't hold your breath waiting for Unitronic Uniconnect+. I paid for the 3.0TFSI flash in February of 2015. The selling dealer didn't ask for my VIN and I was delayed putting on the smaller supercharger pulley. I emailed John Staffi at Unitronic with my VIN and that I was traveling 2.5 hours one way for the flash in June. When I got there, they connected via the OBD2 port and it says "your ecu is new for us." We called and it was a Canadian national holiday and they were closed. All I got accomplished that day was burning a tank of gas and eating at Buffalo Wild Wings. That was June 24, 2015 and my flash still isn't available and Uniconnect+ isn't available despite being told that it (uniconnect +) would be available in July of 2015. My money is being held hostage and I feel like I'm chasing a unicorn. My next to last email to John had a reply that there was some internal progress on my flash. My last email to John had a reply of crickets chirping.

Last edited by mjfloyd1; 08-09-2015 at 10:32 AM.
Old 08-10-2015, 06:13 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by mjfloyd1
Don't hold your breath waiting for Unitronic Uniconnect+. I paid for the 3.0TFSI flash in February of 2015. The selling dealer didn't ask for my VIN and I was delayed putting on the smaller supercharger pulley. I emailed John Staffi at Unitronic with my VIN and that I was traveling 2.5 hours one way for the flash in June. When I got there, they connected via the OBD2 port and it says "your ecu is new for us." We called and it was a Canadian national holiday and they were closed. All I got accomplished that day was burning a tank of gas and eating at Buffalo Wild Wings. That was June 24, 2015 and my flash still isn't available and Uniconnect+ isn't available despite being told that it (uniconnect +) would be available in July of 2015. My money is being held hostage and I feel like I'm chasing a unicorn. My next to last email to John had a reply that there was some internal progress on my flash. My last email to John had a reply of crickets chirping.
the best is worth waiting for. i can wait over a year for this by the way. in no rush to get chipped right now.

NOT getting APR:
If you get APR they can detect the tune in stock form... Whats the point?
Don't trust APR crappy code after the latest issues with rushed software.
APR has terrible customer service.

Figure I'll give uni a shot
Old 08-14-2015, 11:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

the best is worth waiting for. i can wait over a year for this by the way. in no rush to get chipped right now. NOT getting APR: If you get APR they can detect the tune in stock form... Whats the point? Don't trust APR crappy code after the latest issues with rushed software. APR has terrible customer service. Figure I'll give uni a shot
If you return your ECU flash to "true Audi stock", it is my impression that you will not get flagged TD1 for pre facelift (pre 2016) Audi's. It seems that they (Audi) have defeated the flash count reversal mechanisms and made it a "read only " file that is not changeable in the 2016's as it was in older vehicles. Audi seems to be overlooking incorrect flash counts in pre 2016 vehicles if the ECU flash is Audi true stock when the car is hooked up to the OBD2 reader at the dealership.

If you return your ECU flash to any tuner's (APR, Unitronic, Revo ,etc)'"stock equivalent" (but not true Audi stock) ECU flash, you will be flagged TD1, as the check sum (file size) is different than Audi true stock.

I am not sure if TD1 is avoidable in 2016 Audi's with any tuner's flash even if it is returned to true Audi stock. I think that even older vehicles,if they interrogate deeply enough to detect supercharger boost peaks, etc could easily be flagged TD1 as well. It's a crap shoot with older vehicles and even worse odds it appears with 2016 vehicles.

I hope that I'm wrong though!
Old 08-14-2015, 01:46 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by mjfloyd1
If you return your ECU flash to "true Audi stock", it is my impression that you will not get flagged TD1 for pre facelift (pre 2016) Audi's. It seems that they (Audi) have defeated the flash count reversal mechanisms and made it a "read only " file that is not changeable in the 2016's as it was in older vehicles. Audi seems to be overlooking incorrect flash counts in pre 2016 vehicles if the ECU flash is Audi true stock when the car is hooked up to the OBD2 reader at the dealership.

If you return your ECU flash to any tuner's (APR, Unitronic, Revo ,etc)'"stock equivalent" (but not true Audi stock) ECU flash, you will be flagged TD1, as the check sum (file size) is different than Audi true stock.

I am not sure if TD1 is avoidable in 2016 Audi's with any tuner's flash even if it is returned to true Audi stock. I think that even older vehicles,if they interrogate deeply enough to detect supercharger boost peaks, etc could easily be flagged TD1 as well. It's a crap shoot with older vehicles and even worse odds it appears with 2016 vehicles.

I hope that I'm wrong though!
I am pretty sure you are wrong. With the ODB flashes from APR, when you get flashed back to stock , they reflash your ECU with a bit-for-bit copy of the original ECU code. So check-sums match.
Also when your statement that a flash counter is read-only makes no sense. If Audi are going to use that to 'count' flashes then it must be writable?

Data such as boost peaks etc is not maintained in the ECU. think about it, an ECU has very minimal data storage, all that data can be wiped out under many circumstances ( disconnect battery etc).
Old 08-14-2015, 01:47 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Also, my personal experience with APR is that they go out of their way to help customers if you approach them in a respectful manner and not go around yelling in the forums.

Quick Reply: Wow--APR still does not have their s3 exhaust out yet?