Sponsored by: Audi Online Parts

How to upgrade 2010 Audi A3 Sound System

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2016, 01:37 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to upgrade 2010 Audi A3 Sound System

Hi All,

I am thinking about upgrade the original Audi A3 Sound System to a new aftermarket Bluetooth Radio GPS Navigation Seicane S127027M to get more features. However, I don't know how to get started to do this and anything I need to note before I do this? Thank you very much.

Hellon
Old 01-01-2017, 10:40 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Just bought a Seicane unit for my 2001 Audi A8L. Unit arrived promptly in good condition with a wiring harness supposedly for my car. After 10 emails between me and the company, I still cannot get it to power on. Be cautious about ordering from this company. The unit itself is advertised with great features making equivalent to a 2017 head unit. Just cannot get it to work yet. Fit of unit is perfect, wiring harness provided is not.
Old 01-31-2017, 01:46 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Seicane new head unit

I have made substantial progress on the install of this Android app head unit on my 2001 A8. The wiring harness that was supplied by Seicane did not have a connection for the AUX lead from the ignition which the unit needs. I adapted the harness to connect to the AUX which was in the factory harness and the unit powers up. Also it was necessary to connect the RCA preamp outputs to the factory wiring harness that contained the ground, the four corner speaker preamp + and the amp on signal wire. The unit then would play perfect sound through the factory Bose amp and speakers with the ignition off. With the engine on though, I am getting an ignition noise that changes with engine rpm. Probably a ground problem that I have to solve. I also mounted a dash video camera that I ordered with the unit and this works well. I have not installed the digital TV tuner yet or the wireless backup camera. It also has a wifi antenna.
The built in amp on the Seicane unit is not utilized for this install and the unit does not control the in trunk mounted remote cd changer. Also I had to use the supplied GPS antenna since the factory audi antenna jack would not fit the miniature jack on the Seicane unit.