Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 Discussion forum for the 8L and 8P Audi A3 S3 and RS3
Sponsored by: Audi Online Parts

iPhone charging only when popup-display is up in Audi A3

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2016, 12:22 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default iPhone charging only when popup-display is up in Audi A3

In my Audi A3 I use Navigon on my iPhone as navigation instead of the car navigation system, and therefore I drive with the pop-up display in a rolled-down position. The reason for using Navigon is that this app offers route type Beautiful road, which the Audi A3 built-in navigation does not.

But Navigon eats a lot of energy, so on longer trips iPhone must be lined up for continuous charging via wire to the vehicle's USB connector. That's OK, but the problem is, that almost exactly 30 seconds after the pop-up display has been rolled down - the iPhone battery charge is turned of by the car system. When the popup display is rolled up again, the charging of the iPhone resumes rather quickly.

That's not OK. I don't know if this is standard, nor why it's configured that way. I can't see a setting inside the car menus to change this.

So if someone has an Audi A3, where charging of mobile works in spite of the popup display being down, I'll be happy for an advice. Maybe this setting can be changed via VCDS or maybe it's even a fault on the car.

Thanks in advance.