Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

2014 S5 mods exhaust/air cleaner/pulley/tune expected COST and options

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2016, 06:05 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 S5 mods exhaust/air cleaner/pulley/tune expected COST and options

2014 S5 mods exhaust/air cleaner/pulley/tune expected COST and options Hello,

I am looking to do a "few mods" top a 2014 S5 yet do NOT want to BLOW IT UP! Looking to do the air box and common AEW is it exhaust touring with NON resonating pipes (NOT so loud/droney) plus pulley/tune upgrade. QUESTIONS as I know options exist: I do NOT want to do anything to blow it up but am told the 450+ RWHP it should make when done is harmless??

What options on parts might anyone suggest and will it truly make 450/480 rwhp out of my year car?? EXPECTED TURN KEY cost including labor from most known shops to do these upgrades? Sorry posted in general technical section also!

ANY major worries IF I need reg scheduled maint done under factory warranty just take it in to get tune changed around prior?? They tell me they can do.

Like an idea of cost I should expect to pay to get these things done! Cant believe that pulley/belt is $800ish wow! Exhaust $2300ish. BUT TUNE and pulley installed/tuned expect what??

Thanks when able............like to know turn key parts/cost if able and realistic rwhp gains? Also to confirm/deny these basic bolt ons will NOT lead to major mechanical head aches!

Can do all this without changing to bigger inter cooler bigger injectors blah blah blah!

Thanks when able.

David Snell/Dallas area/dsnell@grandecom.net

Curious IF any on line supplier here re Audi forum will make turn key deal on all parts needed!! Want a black mesh grille also that will fit my B8.5 2014 S5!! Thanks for reading..........had the car a week cant stand it has to get these few mods!!
Old 08-11-2016, 10:10 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by David Snell
2014 S5 mods exhaust/air cleaner/pulley/tune expected COST and options Hello,

I am looking to do a "few mods" top a 2014 S5 yet do NOT want to BLOW IT UP! Looking to do the air box and common AEW is it exhaust touring with NON resonating pipes (NOT so loud/droney) plus pulley/tune upgrade. QUESTIONS as I know options exist: I do NOT want to do anything to blow it up but am told the 450+ RWHP it should make when done is harmless??

What options on parts might anyone suggest and will it truly make 450/480 rwhp out of my year car?? EXPECTED TURN KEY cost including labor from most known shops to do these upgrades? Sorry posted in general technical section also!

ANY major worries IF I need reg scheduled maint done under factory warranty just take it in to get tune changed around prior?? They tell me they can do.

Like an idea of cost I should expect to pay to get these things done! Cant believe that pulley/belt is $800ish wow! Exhaust $2300ish. BUT TUNE and pulley installed/tuned expect what??

Thanks when able............like to know turn key parts/cost if able and realistic rwhp gains? Also to confirm/deny these basic bolt ons will NOT lead to major mechanical head aches!

Can do all this without changing to bigger inter cooler bigger injectors blah blah blah!

Thanks when able.

David Snell/Dallas area/dsnell@grandecom.net

Curious IF any on line supplier here re Audi forum will make turn key deal on all parts needed!! Want a black mesh grille also that will fit my B8.5 2014 S5!! Thanks for reading..........had the car a week cant stand it has to get these few mods!!
Any info would be appreciated! Like to know any packages people are running listed above and ball park cost/parts prior to deciding on what to install! Thanks.....
Old 08-12-2016, 06:15 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 74 Posts
Default Try going to AWE with the car and talk to them.

Originally Posted by David Snell
Any info would be appreciated! Like to know any packages people are running listed above and ball park cost/parts prior to deciding on what to install! Thanks.....
You're taking a 333hp supercharged 3.0L engine and want to whack it to 450 rwhp and want a quick answer from the internet? LOL.

First, virtually all mods 'change' things, either drop mileage (ask me about my Dinan mods to my M3...highway mileage and around town went away but yes hp went up, so did maintenance, oil change, etc.) or stress some other part of the car. Your S5 clutch with RS5+ power won't last as long as stock. Cost varies with who does the work and their warranties. Every job is different.

There are no quick and easy mods to get 450rwhp from that engine. I would argue larger injectors and intercooler if not a better supercharger, improved exhaust (they get noisy!) and intake at a minimum plus the associated ecu remap. If it's an automatic transmission, you'll get significantly reduced life depending on how you drive.

If you want RS5 performance, better just buy an RS5.
Old 08-12-2016, 07:10 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by SloopJohnB@mac.com
You're taking a 333hp supercharged 3.0L engine and want to whack it to 450 rwhp and want a quick answer from the internet? LOL.

First, virtually all mods 'change' things, either drop mileage (ask me about my Dinan mods to my M3...highway mileage and around town went away but yes hp went up, so did maintenance, oil change, etc.) or stress some other part of the car. Your S5 clutch with RS5+ power won't last as long as stock. Cost varies with who does the work and their warranties. Every job is different.

There are no quick and easy mods to get 450rwhp from that engine. I would argue larger injectors and intercooler if not a better supercharger, improved exhaust (they get noisy!) and intake at a minimum plus the associated ecu remap. If it's an automatic transmission, you'll get significantly reduced life depending on how you drive.

If you want RS5 performance, better just buy an RS5.
Well........ thanks for the reply BUT I really do not need the RS5 as the 2008 blown vette with a (procharger D1 on methanol set up so it will not blow up) sitting next to my S5 in the garage is putting down 807 rear wheel hp and 730 ft lbs of torque all on 18 inch 12.5 wide Mickey Ts! Sorry but I would say bye bye to many modded RS5s its a low to mid 10 second car when it hooks! SO....... now that we have established I am not totally "naive" as you clearly made me out to be (LOL) I am seeking a reply that directly may help answer my questions not belittle me as if I think an air cleaner/exhaust is going to make the hp gain I seek! FYI I was told by a local shop "reputable by this forum near me in Dallas" that the mods listed would achieve this rwhp level! I too suggested it sounded high without intercooler/injector change as my twin turbo 300 ZX had once upon a time and my current vette has. Obviously bigger blower or more boost you need more fuel so I too asked about if a pulley change/tune (they said they do monthly) would require bigger injectors addition of a larger intercooler etc. They said no but I should see the hp gains I asked about! So yes I was more so doubting the gains myself seeking advice from those who may have done same mods listed who I would expect to find on the "internet" aka this web site in this section re the same model car! IF anyone can answer my direct questions re expected cost to get parts/labor and if anyone has (dyno sheets) to show gains great love to see them! Thanks, David

Last edited by David Snell; 08-12-2016 at 07:15 AM.
Old 08-12-2016, 07:35 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dyno Session Today (APR Stage 1 3.0T))
Old 08-12-2016, 07:41 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by lmariorod

Cool thanks!! SO any idea when you add the pulley they suggest and tune ( I know several exist) with exhaust/intake where REAR wheel hp may can get? i do NOT want to turn this in to my other car! Like to increase boost a bit without having to go full on intercooler/injectors etc. Heck even 50 rwhp would be bunch in this car BUT curious what combos people do to gain 80-125 RWHP well in this case AWD hp!

Thanks David
Old 08-19-2016, 06:02 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

David - I have an AWE exhaust and a APR Carbonio intake that was removed from a 3.0 that I'm looking to sell (see classifieds) I had these items on my wife's car with a tune and had no issues. The warranty is another story - it all depends on your dealer. PM me if you're interested I'd be happy to combine ship them for you and you would be saving more than 50% over new.
Old 08-19-2016, 08:12 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 102 Likes on 81 Posts

You should be prepared to say good-bye to your warranty. The dealer will see evidence of the tune even if it is "reversed" before you go in for service. This is a big red flag to them and an easy out of any claims to wish to make.
Old 08-19-2016, 08:45 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default guys used to work at audi claim they can reverse? NO TD1??

How can they tell if its reversed prior to going in these guys used to work at Audi said they know how to make this work without any issues to trip TD1 code?? Obviously a concern of mine if they are incorrect?? Anyone have any knowledge here on this? Or please tell me more details of how they would know if stock tune is back in it when I go in? I dont want to lose warranty for sure!