Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Anyone use a Carista on 2013 Audi A5 convertible

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2016, 09:29 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone use a Carista on 2013 Audi A5 convertible

I ordered one from Amazon and it did not work. Although after talking with Carista, it might be a faulty one so I have returned it and waiting for the replacement. I was wondering if anyone had success?

Essentially I want it to do a few changes. The keyfob control of the top, seatbelt warnings, perhaps a few other things. The one I really want is turning on voice recognition but I don't think it does this yet
Old 02-19-2016, 04:17 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Ok. This Audi board is not too heavily used apparently. Any ways. talking to myself. I did get it and got it to work. So far I am able turn off the seatbelt warning, the nav warning, control windows and convertible top with the remote key, enable green menu, and then allow CD ripping to HD. I have not messed with all the lighting tweaks. Not sure which ones I would want. Although everyone seems to hate the wink and turns it off. The one big one. Voice Recognition. I just hear from Carista that it is in the beta, and should be getting it sent to me. This would be HUGE. For $60 all of this and I don't have to go beg some Audi dealer to turn on VR. I will let the empty audience know as soon as I confirm yes or no. In regards to the green menu. There is really very little out there that talks about it and not really sure how many useful things you can do. Anyone? Bueller?
Old 02-19-2016, 05:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Yeah, it gets a bit quiet here at times, don't take it personally. I do not yet have a Carista, but I installed the software on my iPad and was going to get a unit. Just wasn't sure what to get. Which did you buy on Amazon? If you can let me know, I'd like to get one and then hopefully I can try it out and we can discuss. (I'd be using it on a 2008 Audi S5, which I would think would work similarly to your car.) thanks! G
Old 02-19-2016, 05:21 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Will do..this is what I bought. $40.
Amazon.com: Carista OBD2 Adapter and Scanner for iPhone/iPad and Android + Free App: Automotive Amazon.com: Carista OBD2 Adapter and Scanner for iPhone/iPad and Android + Free App: Automotive

They already sent me the beta app, so I can test some of these other features. I have the 3G MMI, but I think many of the features were there for the older version first.
Old 02-19-2016, 11:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Interesting - I have the VCDS but thus is a much less expensive way of doing mods. I checked the list of features that they have on the website and one thing that's missing for DIYers is opening and closing of the rear electric brake so you can change brake pads. Other than that - looks pretty good!
Old 02-19-2016, 12:23 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Well not that I would do the brake pads myself. In the beta version there is a selection for this as well. Still waiting to confirm if I can turn on Voice Recognition with it. This seems like you need VCDS for it. I am keeping my fingers crossed that you can do it though.
Old 02-19-2016, 04:08 PM
Ultimate Keyboard Warrior

Received 283 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by 1big10
Ok. This Audi board is not too heavily used apparently. Any ways. talking to myself. I did get it and got it to work. So far I am able turn off the seatbelt warning, the nav warning, control windows and convertible top with the remote key, enable green menu, and then allow CD ripping to HD. I have not messed with all the lighting tweaks. Not sure which ones I would want. Although everyone seems to hate the wink and turns it off. The one big one. Voice Recognition. I just hear from Carista that it is in the beta, and should be getting it sent to me. This would be HUGE. For $60 all of this and I don't have to go beg some Audi dealer to turn on VR. I will let the empty audience know as soon as I confirm yes or no. In regards to the green menu. There is really very little out there that talks about it and not really sure how many useful things you can do. Anyone? Bueller?
I have a Carista, and programmed the convertible top, but can't get it to work. Can you tell me how it's working for you? Process?

I did delete the wink function, which does work.
Old 02-20-2016, 03:27 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hi force1...I actually have to do some more tweaking on this. Its cold in Wisconsin so I havent had the time. I did get the top to work, going down. You have to press the open key release and then hold for the hold process. But for some reason it did not work going back up. In theory you are suppose to be able to hold the lock button. I did get the windows to work both up and down, but I think this might need to be off. I have asked Carista for directions. You have to activate the windows in MMI under central locking. I think you have to do this for the top too
Old 02-21-2016, 02:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks! I will likely get this soon and try it out. I'd probably do it sooner if I had a heated garage.
Old 02-22-2016, 05:49 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have asked Carista a few times for clarification. They responded with this link. However this will work for the windows, I have only been able so far to get the top to go down with the unlock button. But not up.

How to open and close windows via remote on an Audi A4/S4/A5/S5 (B8) or Q5 | Carista OBD2 - Vehicle Diagnostics and Customization

Let me know if you figure out what combination works. I also think it depends on how you press the button.

Quick Reply: Anyone use a Carista on 2013 Audi A5 convertible