Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Audi A5 / S5 reliability - better info - please sign up

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 07:19 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi A5 / S5 reliability - better info - please sign up

TrueDelta reports absolute repair rates that make the differences between cars much clearer. Results are updated four times a year, to report on new models quickly and to track cars closely as they age.

Thanks to JET's support, for which we're very grateful, we've been reporting on the A3, A4, A6, and Q7 for some time now. We're probably going to combine data for the B8 A4 and the A5. In this case, we'll have an initial result for the 2009 in May.

Currently we have 46 2009 A4s signed up, but only 3 A5s. More of the latter would be helpful.

Participants report repairs the month after they occur. When there are no repairs, they simply report an approximate odometer reading four times a year, at the end of each quarter.

To encourage participation, panel members receive full access to the results free of charge.

For the details, and to sign up to help out:

Car reliability research
Old 03-27-2009, 02:41 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

True Delta will spam you forever if you do not do a report. I got sick of them and left.
Old 04-23-2009, 08:53 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by f1isbest
True Delta will spam you forever if you do not do a report. I got sick of them and left.
I'm sorry that's how it felt to you. But if you weren't going to respond to the survey, then why sign up to participate? Not that your reaction is unique--it's not. Clearly I'm missing some piece of the puzzle.

Here's how it looks from where I sit:

--people, including myself, want reliability information

--to provide this information, we need data on cars; we can't pull it out of the air

--so, we invite people to participate in the survey; in return they get the information their participation makes possible

--for people to respond to the survey, they need an email with links to the survey; so we send them emails--which they signed up to receive--i.e. not spam

--those who do respond promptly (usually takes 20-30 seconds once every three months) see just one email for the survey per month

--those who don't respond get a series of reminders, because some people (like me) need them

Anyway, long story short: if you're interested in the information and are willing to provide the data needed to make it possible, I hope you'll sign up and participate. It really is quick and easy. But if you're not going to participate, then don't sign up to participate.

For what it's worth, enough people have been participating for us to release reliability stats for the 2009 A4 and A5 next month. AFAIK, these will be the first reliability stats anywhere for these cars. Which was, well, the entire point.

Those of you who helped make this possible, thanks, I truly appreciate it.

Car reliability research
Old 05-25-2009, 10:29 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Responses from A5 and S5 owners were pooled with those from A4 owners. An initial result covering owner experiences through the end of March has been posted. A big thank you to this forum and its members for making a quick result possible.

With a repair frequency of 37 repairs per 100 cars per year, the new Audi A4 scores very close to the Honda Accord, and better than some key competitors. A very good result for an all-new model.

These cars are of course young, and it remains to be seen how they'll fare as they age. With prompt quarterly updates, we'll track them closely. The more participants we have, the better the information we can provide.

Audi A4 / A5 reliability comparisons
Old 06-28-2009, 07:09 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

We'll start previewing the next results to participants in a few weeks. Additional participants would be very helpful.

Car reliability research
Old 06-29-2009, 06:01 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default True Delta is a fraud

Avoid this spam machine.
Old 07-28-2009, 06:14 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

What is your problem?

I provide helpful information to people willing to spend a minute or so four times a year responding to a quick survey.

If you don't want to participate, don't sign up. It's that simple. If someone does want better information, and is willing to do their part to make it possible, then this is how to do it.

I don't see how pledging to participate, then not following through, and then getting upset at the emails we send with links to the survey--that you signed up to receive, and so ARE BY DEFINITION NOT SPAM--gives you the right to fill this thread--twice--with photos of your car while doing your best to muck up the research for everyone.

Let's be clear on one thing: the only email you received after signing up had to do with the survey. You received no other email as a result of signing up. We provide people's email addresses to no one, period. So calling our email spam is simply not true.

Those who do want to participate--hundreds of Audi owners have been doing so, without complaint--should go here:

Car reliability research
Old 07-28-2009, 07:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

I have no complaints. I only get a handful emails a year and if you hate it then don't sign up. The detail of info you can browse is really great.

I assume it's easy to opt-out. If not, then maybe that explains the complaint.
Old 07-28-2009, 09:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

No issues here either - been a member for a couple of years - good info and they dont bother you...
Old 07-28-2009, 01:22 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

TrueDelta provides useful information to car buyers out there. I have been a member for years and they do not spam anyone.

Apparently the user who calls himself "f1isbest" is unable to even perform the most basic email functions, like "unsubscribe" for instance. He also signed up for this on his own, so he's not being spammed.

And just to make this clear, I have no affiliation whatsoever with TrueDelta, I am just a participant who thinks this is a great and helpful idea.

Quick Reply: Audi A5 / S5 reliability - better info - please sign up