Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Bought 2016 A5

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2016, 01:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bought 2016 A5

After 10 years in a Hyundai Azera (prior A6) back to Audi. Pick up red car on Friday. really stunning. A little smaller car than I am used to Noticed there is no way to totally block out the sun. Some sort of screen which looks like it blocks most.. How is this? Salesman said I could tint it if it wasnt dark enough but I think he was referring to the glass. Surprised by the good power when in the sport mode. Anxious to get familar with the car. Any things I might want to be aware of?

Thanks!
Old 09-16-2016, 10:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 55 Likes on 53 Posts

That silly grin on your face may become permanent... especially if you got the quattro
Old 09-16-2016, 11:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

On a more serious note:

1. don't believe in "lifetime" transmission or differential fluids. If you want to keep you car for a long time (e.g. more than 100K - 159K miles), change them around 50k miles.
2. OEM brakes like to squeak
3. Genuine/OEM parts aren't cheap, but it's worth it. Like most automakers, they will jump at the chance of denying or canceling your warranty if you don't use their stuff.
Old 09-17-2016, 07:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

I have not noticed the engine turning off at stop lights. I can find nothing in the manual about this. I have set the transmission in the Sport mode. That option is nice.Any info would be appreciated.

I am going to a class re the Nav that the dealer is offering as I really would prefer to use the voice recognition. Is there any way to mute the nav voice or turn it down while listening to the radio?I have found that when using my phone I often get too much talking on routes I am somewhat familar with.

This car is fantastic. ride is good even with the 19 inch wheels, although I set the mode as "comfort" Much better ride than my wifes 2000 Audi A4.Always hated that car.
Old 09-17-2016, 07:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Yeah, quattro. Amazing
Old 09-17-2016, 11:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by oskidunker
I have not noticed the engine turning off at stop lights. I can find nothing in the manual about this. I have set the transmission in the Sport mode. That option is nice.Any info would be appreciated.

I am going to a class re the Nav that the dealer is offering as I really would prefer to use the voice recognition. Is there any way to mute the nav voice or turn it down while listening to the radio?I have found that when using my phone I often get too much talking on routes I am somewhat familar with.

This car is fantastic. ride is good even with the 19 inch wheels, although I set the mode as "comfort" Much better ride than my wifes 2000 Audi A4.Always hated that car.
Are you in the U.S. or Europe? I don't think the U.S. A5's have the start-stop function. I read somewhere that the EPA didn't give Audi any mpg credits for that, so they didn't put it in.
Old 09-17-2016, 02:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

In san francisco.. Today I was unable to get the trunk to lock no matter what I do. It locked yesterday with the key fob. Today only the doors will lock.The trunk locks once I drive the car.I went into the mmi and tried both choice regarding the trunk. Neither helped the problem
Old 09-17-2016, 03:30 PM
Ultimate Keyboard Warrior

Received 283 Likes on 203 Posts

In san francisco.. Today I was unable to get the trunk to lock no matter what I do. It locked yesterday with the key fob. Today only the doors will lock.The trunk locks once I drive the car.I went into the mmi and tried both choice regarding the trunk. Neither helped the problem
Not sure what you mean by "trunk won't lock". If the trunk lid stays down, it's locked. It will spring up to open position when it's unlocked.
Old 09-22-2016, 05:14 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After 10 years in a Hyundai Azera (prior A6) back to Audi. Pick up red car on Friday. really stunning. A little smaller car than I am used to Noticed there is no way to totally block out the sun. Some sort of screen which looks like it blocks most.. How is this? Salesman said I could tint it if it wasnt dark enough but I think he was referring to the glass. Surprised by the good power when in the sport mode. Anxious to get familar with the car. Any things I might want to be aware of?

Thanks!
You can set the steering and ride separately in the INDIVIDUAL mode in the drive select. Pretty cool to be able to fine tune the driving experience a bit.