Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Car Cover for S5

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2011, 03:13 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the Covercraft Form-Fit for my Harley. Its very soft on the inside and no scratches after 2 years of use. So I can only say good things bout it.

@ DHH - I will be keeping my car garaged during the winter too. I really only drive the car 1-2 times a week anyway. So, I'm debating about a cover for it. I like the Form-Fit but even CoverCraft say the DustStop is better. So, since you got the DustStop please post the scoop when it arrives. Is it soft on the inside? Is it really good or what?

@ mike - Im sure any cover can cause scratches, but I would think chances are higher with an outside cover. In a garage there is obviously less chance for debris to get between the cover and car as it sits there. I usually just wipe down my bike before putting on the cover and all's been great so far. Figure do the same for the car and problem solved.
Old 11-22-2011, 06:42 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by DHH
I just ordered the following cover:

http://www.the-cover-store.com/CarIt...CVH10C170360TS

I'll post a review once it arrives.
DHH: Did you get your cover? I'm also leaning towards the Dustop (indoor only) model, but have some concern that perhap it is so soft that it might leave fuzzies on the cabriolet top. I can't tell for certain what the underside of this cover looks like. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-23-2011, 08:39 AM
DHH
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The cover arrived last Saturday, but since I am out of town for Thanksgiving, I didn't have time for a review. Anyway, here is a quick one:

The top fits perfectly, very snug. The material not soft like terry cloth, fleece or flannel, but is closer to satin in texture - very smooth. There are 2 layers that are quilted together in the pattern seen in the pictures. So I wouldn't worry at all about fuzzies.

I will post pictures once I get back, so I hope this is enough info for now. If you have any other questions, post them and I'll do my best to anser them.

Cheers, Dave

Originally Posted by AudiS5Mark
DHH: Did you get your cover? I'm also leaning towards the Dustop (indoor only) model, but have some concern that perhap it is so soft that it might leave fuzzies on the cabriolet top. I can't tell for certain what the underside of this cover looks like. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-27-2011, 09:07 AM
DHH
Audiworld Junior Member

As promised, here are some pictures of my 2012 A5 Cab with the cover. As you can see, the fit is fairly snug. Also note that on the side view, there is a gromit on the bottom/middle - there is a corresponding one on the other side. This is for snugging the middle together with the supplied rope, which I attached after I took these pictures.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers, Dave
Attached Images   
Old 11-28-2011, 12:54 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks for the pics. Looks great.

Does the materiel on the inside look and feel the same (is it a different pattern/materiel inside) as the outside?

The fit does look nice and snug...is it a pain to get on?
Old 11-28-2011, 02:31 PM
DHH
Audiworld Junior Member

Looking at it again more closely, the inside is a translucent layer. So to clarify my previous description, the top layer is a quilted pad, the outside of which is similar to satin. The inner layer is similar in surface texture, but thinner and translucent.

As far as putting it on, I found that the best way to do so is to lay it over the car lengthwise, and then pull over the mirrors first. Once this is done, the rest can be easily snugged. If you don't do the mirrors first, they can be difficult to stretch over.

Hope this helps!

Cheers, Dave

Originally Posted by Toysoldier
Thanks for the pics. Looks great.

Does the materiel on the inside look and feel the same (is it a different pattern/materiel inside) as the outside?

The fit does look nice and snug...is it a pain to get on?
Old 12-06-2011, 12:44 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Audi Stormshield cover

I just got the audi stormshield cover. Is anyone using this in the winter? What is your experience with it?

There was a guideline sheet that said the car cant be wet and needs to be free from dust before the cover is put on. I was going to use this on snowy days.... I dont have a garage, but it seems like I got to be pretty careful and prepared or else I may cause damage to the paint?
Old 12-06-2011, 02:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

Ideally the car should be dry and dirt/dust free (and optimally waxed) before applying the cover or you risk scratches as even the best cover is bound to move a bit in the wind. If it's already snowed on, wet, or dirty best to just leave it as is (uncovered).

Originally Posted by mike1174
I just got the audi stormshield cover. Is anyone using this in the winter? What is your experience with it?

There was a guideline sheet that said the car cant be wet and needs to be free from dust before the cover is put on. I was going to use this on snowy days.... I dont have a garage, but it seems like I got to be pretty careful and prepared or else I may cause damage to the paint?
Old 12-11-2011, 10:25 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

i avoid using car covers because as some guys pointed out in this thread, unless your car is immaculate when you put it on, you risk scratching your paint when you remove/adjust the cover because all the dust particles and dirt can get dragged around by the cover. imagine taking a dry cloth and wiping your dirty car down with it because that is what you're doing with the cover. if you insist on using a cover, it helps to have another person help you put it on to minimize the cover movement.
Old 08-03-2016, 07:17 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I recently purchased a used 2012 S5 Cabriolet and drive it daily. I park at work in the HOT TEXAS SUN all day. I'm having issues with the fabric top and the back glass window and the fabric coming lose so I thought I would get a car cover to protect the car from the sun. It seems everyone is getting covers for the garage but I was wondering if anyone liked their cover for sun protection. Thoughts?

Quick Reply: Car Cover for S5