Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Dropping your car on coil overs

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2016, 07:55 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dropping your car on coil overs

Hey guys so I was just wondering if anyone can answer my question of dropping your car on coil overs. I just bought a 2013 A5 Quattro and I've been hearing a lot of stuff about how if you drop the car the dash will turn into a Christmas tree but all of this has been from none Audi owners so i wanted to see if any of you that actually own one can answer this.

What coil overs do you have ?
What else did you need to properly drop it other then the coil overs?
And is this Christmas tree on the dash a real thing?
Thanks in advance for answering!!
Old 06-28-2016, 05:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=Mannytype;24828605]Hey guys so I was just wondering if anyone can answer my question of dropping your car on coil overs. I just bought a 2013 A5 Quattro and I've been hearing a lot of stuff about how if you drop the car the dash will turn into a Christmas tree but all of this has been from none Audi owners so i wanted to see if any of you that actually own one can answer this.

Thanks in advance for answering!![/QUOTE

Hmm, they might be pulling ur leg. I dropped my car 2" with H&R Coilovers, and swapped out stock 18" rims w 19" rims. The only lights that come on is when i switch wheels. The TPMS light comes on which I reset
Old 06-28-2016, 08:08 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=tr3ndsetr;24828925]
Originally Posted by Mannytype
Hey guys so I was just wondering if anyone can answer my question of dropping your car on coil overs. I just bought a 2013 A5 Quattro and I've been hearing a lot of stuff about how if you drop the car the dash will turn into a Christmas tree but all of this has been from none Audi owners so i wanted to see if any of you that actually own one can answer this.

Thanks in advance for answering!![/QUOTE

Hmm, they might be pulling ur leg. I dropped my car 2" with H&R Coilovers, and swapped out stock 18" rims w 19" rims. The only lights that come on is when i switch wheels. The TPMS light comes on which I reset
Thanks for the respond hopefully it won't happen to me then when I throw my coil's on