Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Former Audi owner looking for input- S5 in Florett Silver

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2015, 02:46 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 81 Likes on 61 Posts
Default Former Audi owner looking for input- S5 in Florett Silver

Hi everyone.

First off, I owned an '09 A5, a '10 S5 Cab and an '11 S5 Cab. I traded the '11 S5 almost 3 years ago for a Lexus GS350 F Sport and have been quite satisfied. (I wanted something more practical.) However, I just miss the personal feel of a coupe and the looks of the S5. I'm currently considering a '15 S5 Coupe in Florett Silver/Black.

I saw Florett Silver in the showroom and it looked gorgeous. However, outside under overcast skies I'm not as sure about it. For anyone who has seen it (or especially a Florett Silver S5 Coupe), do you think the car will look good in that color? Does it have a lot of blue in it?

Many thanks in advance for the input!
Old 01-14-2015, 06:49 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dseag2
Hi everyone.

First off, I owned an '09 A5, a '10 S5 Cab and an '11 S5 Cab. I traded the '11 S5 almost 3 years ago for a Lexus GS350 F Sport and have been quite satisfied. (I wanted something more practical.) However, I just miss the personal feel of a coupe and the looks of the S5. I'm currently considering a '15 S5 Coupe in Florett Silver/Black.

I saw Florett Silver in the showroom and it looked gorgeous. However, outside under overcast skies I'm not as sure about it. For anyone who has seen it (or especially a Florett Silver S5 Coupe), do you think the car will look good in that color? Does it have a lot of blue in it?

Many thanks in advance for the input!

Hey! Looks like we both crossed forum. LOL. I traded my IS-F for a 2015 Sepang Blue S5. My dealership had a Florett Silver S5 and it looked great. But what swayed me to the blue is because I never really connected to the silver. When I saw my Sepang blue for the first time, that was it. But to answer your question, I did not notice any blue in the silver.
Old 01-15-2015, 12:37 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Hey, thank you for the response! Good to see you here as well. Sepang Blue is an outstanding color!

I took delivery of the S5 this morning. Couldn't be happier!
Attached Images  

Last edited by dseag2; 01-15-2015 at 12:40 PM.
Old 01-15-2015, 05:32 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hey, thank you for the response! Good to see you here as well. Sepang Blue is an outstanding color!

I took delivery of the S5 this morning. Couldn't be happier!

Congrats!! I would assume that you got a prestige model? Here is mine before delivery.

Old 01-15-2015, 06:17 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Lexura
Congrats!! I would assume that you got a prestige model? Here is mine before delivery.

Beautiful! I see you got the optic black package with the 5 spoke wheels. That looks very sharp. I also considered it, but they didn't have it with the equipment I was looking for. I think my S5 is a Premium Plus, but it has the B&O, Sport Diff and Adjustable Damping added separately so it is pretty much loaded. I hope you enjoy your S5 as much as you did your IS-F. Both are great cars!
Old 01-15-2015, 06:36 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Beautiful! I see you got the optic black package with the 5 spoke wheels. That looks very sharp. I also considered it, but they didn't have it with the equipment I was looking for. I think my S5 is a Premium Plus, but it has the B&O, Sport Diff and Adjustable Damping added separately so it is pretty much loaded. I hope you enjoy your S5 as much as you did your IS-F. Both are great cars!
And I hope you enjoy your 3rd or 4th 5? Anyways, your brand spanking new S5 looks really really classy. I am sure you are getting a lot of second looks because of the elegance. Re my S5, yes I got the color I wanted but I had to sacrifice not having B&O :-(. But I too have the sport differential, tech package etc. Anyways, I am not missing my IS-F and I know I will not ever. But you are correct that they are both great cars. For some reason, I think you will not miss your GS.. :-O
Old 01-15-2015, 06:57 PM
AudiWorld Super User

There are honestly a few things I miss about my GS. It really offered a visceral driving experience and the sound piped into the cabin was intoxicating. The big screen with Nav was also great and I had no complaints about the stitched dash, comfortable sport seats and Cabernet interior. However, I had been wanting a smaller car and the new IS and RC seemed like a big step down in interior finish and amenities. The looks of the S5 are a no-brainer. It is fast and holds the road as well, if not better, than the GS, but it seems more robotic. I wish the engine sound was louder in the cabin. That's the one thing I miss about the Cab. With the top down it was aural pleasure. I do like the MMI in the Audi much better than the "mouse" in the Lexus and I love the new voice command with Google Search. The Florett Silver color is outstanding because it changes colors depending on the light. They are both great cars. This is the right one for me right now.

Following are a couple of pics outside the 'hood...
Attached Images   
Old 01-15-2015, 07:24 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

There are honestly a few things I miss about my GS. It really offered a visceral driving experience and the sound piped into the cabin was intoxicating. The big screen with Nav was also great and I had no complaints about the stitched dash, comfortable sport seats and Cabernet interior. However, I had been wanting a smaller car and the new IS and RC seemed like a big step down in interior finish and amenities. The looks of the S5 are a no-brainer. It is fast and holds the road as well, if not better, than the GS, but it seems more robotic. I wish the engine sound was louder in the cabin. That's the one thing I miss about the Cab. With the top down it was aural pleasure. I do like the MMI in the Audi much better than the "mouse" in the Lexus and I love the new voice command with Google Search. The Florett Silver color is outstanding because it changes colors depending on the light. They are both great cars. This is the right one for me right now.

Following are a couple of pics outside the 'hood...
Very nice! I am having buyer's remorse now for going with the optic package..hehe. Actually, I had a GS loaner when I had my IS-F serviced one time and I found it to be a larger car from an appearance perspective and a driving experience. The quality of the interior is superb which I think is a little better than the S5. When I had my loaner GS, my wife also had a loaner A5 at the same time, so I was able to compare the two. I found the A5 to be sportier and smaller but the handling should be a tie. But I never liked bigger cars, so I leaned towards the A5. This experience led me to my current S5.
Old 01-15-2015, 08:25 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Same here. Prefer a smaller car.

It's funny that you and I are the only ones chatting on this thread. I think it's just our history from being in the CL forums where everyone posts vs. here where no one seems to post. I know the S5 is more of niche car, so there are fewer owners in the forum, but I am already missing the camaraderie in the CL forums. I am getting more responses to the S5 there than here. Good people over there!
Old 01-15-2015, 09:19 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Same here. Prefer a smaller car.

It's funny that you and I are the only ones chatting on this thread. I think it's just our history from being in the CL forums where everyone posts vs. here where no one seems to post. I know the S5 is more of niche car, so there are fewer owners in the forum, but I am already missing the camaraderie in the CL forums. I am getting more responses to the S5 there than here. Good people over there!
Agreed. Its quieter here than CL. That is why I don't think I will be leaving that forum. But am anxious to socialize with the audiworld peeps. Holler back boys and girls! Dseag, I will see you here and there!!!

Quick Reply: Former Audi owner looking for input- S5 in Florett Silver