Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Just got a 2013 RS5

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2016, 10:54 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TowerFlower
I'm in Chicago. I've had my eye out for a black one for a while, but there aren't many at all near here.
I never thought I would have a red car, but this red is amazing and I think it really fits the character of the car. I can't stop staring the car!

For MY 2013 Audi imported only 87 of those with the black interior!
Old 01-26-2016, 06:04 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I can't see myself in a red car, but it does look nice, I agree!! It's a nice red. I didn't know it was that rare. Do you still love it?? How long have you officially had it? What kind of trim does it have? I love the look of the layered wood/aluminum trim, but I can't find one with it. Minor detail I guess. Wish I could still order one new. Oh well!! What part of IL are you in?
Old 01-26-2016, 07:34 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I have had grey, blue, silver, black even brown (a nice brown indeed), but this red is one of those reds that I always looked at and wanted!
I have done 800 miles on it right now, I'm commuting from Glenview down to Lakeview area. Where do you live?
I wish I could order one and do a European Delivery with it. Now that would have been really special!!!
Old 01-26-2016, 08:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,067 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by worldtraveler13
I wish I could order one and do a European Delivery with it. Now that would have been really special!!!
That was the best part about buying mine. Being able to drive it in Europe for almost 4 weeks. Out of curiosity, where do you stretch the legs of this beast in Chicago? I went to Northwestern University. Lived in Evanston for 2 years, followed by 2 years in the West Loop (Presidential Towers). Honestly, not sure I would enjoy an RS5 in Chicagoland. All flat and straight roads and traffic must be a lot worse compared to over 10 years ago and it was bad then. I can only imagine what it is like now.

Stopover in Switzerland. I grew up in the valley between these mountains.
Just got a 2013 RS5-4hwowgs.jpg
Old 01-26-2016, 09:23 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I live in Glenview area, and I commute at 5:30 in the morning... It's heaven cause the roads are still not crowded and usually the people driving at that time of the day they are not staying on the left lane. It's my adrenaline shot!
God it looks so beautiful!
I was in Germany over the holidays, my brother lives outside Nuremberg and my aunt lives in Zurich.
Driving around with people that has good driving education making the whole world!!
Old 01-26-2016, 11:47 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

European Delivery swayed me towards a new S5 a little, but the sound of the V8 sways me right back every time!! This is what I get for trying to be responsible and pay off student loans before getting an expensive car! I miss out on a custom ordered RS5. Oh well. There's always the next Audi purchase.

I live in Bucktown and work at ORD, all different shifts, 6 days a week usually (sucks, but the paycheck is nice?) so usually one of my drives each day is low traffic. Except in the summer, which is why I want the cabrio, so I can have the top down and soak up the sun while creeping along on the Kennedy, haha

superswiss - wow, Switzerland is soooo gorgeous, and so is your car! I agree with you about the roads here though. Boring! But I've heard from coworkers there are some fun driving roads up in Wisconsin? I'm stuck here at least another 5 years probably, so I guess I'll just have to take some road trips
Old 01-26-2016, 12:38 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

WI has some nice roads for sure. I suggest to join a car club that does outings frequently! I am enjoying going down to the city Sunday mornings, thats when you can really have the V8 roar! Oh, you need a radar for your car!!!!!!
Old 01-26-2016, 12:38 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Check my album guys, for pics from Ingolstadt!!!
Old 01-28-2016, 10:30 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by worldtraveler13
Check my album guys, for pics from Ingolstadt!!!
Awesome pics! I'd like to visit there. Damn them for stopping selling RS5s in the US! haha. That RS6 is gorgeous, too.

I'm def gonna need radar for my car. I break the speed limit on the reg in my hybrid, I'm sure that gets way more cop leeway than a super sporty RS5 will Any suggestions?
Old 01-28-2016, 10:59 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Congratulations...

… we love our RS5, save for the troublesome brakes. Some versions were shipped with warped rotors. Note in the picture you attached, the pad appears to be making uneven contact with the rotor. That may just be because it was stored in the dealership, but those "streaks" on the rotor heralded the performance decline and shuddering to follow that occurred on our RS5. Audi replaced them all under warrantee.

Here is a picture from The high desert mountains of Central California….

Happy Motoring

Eric
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Just got a 2013 RS5