Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Latest MMI Version for 2013 S5

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2015, 09:43 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Latest MMI Version for 2013 S5

Anyone aware of the latest version for 2013 S5?
Old 05-05-2015, 10:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,067 Likes on 741 Posts

Latest version you can get as an update is still K0715-2 as far as I know. Following is what ships on current cars. This version is supposed to become available as an update. It's already available for the A6 and A7.

Old 05-05-2015, 10:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by superswiss
...Following is what ships on current cars. This version is supposed to become available as an update. It's already available for the A6 and A7.
Are the updates installed for free when you bring your car in for maintenance or does the dealer charge for the software? If so, is the update expensive?

Can it be downloaded on the web and installed by the owner?
Old 05-05-2015, 11:26 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by HamOnRye
Are the updates installed for free when you bring your car in for maintenance or does the dealer charge for the software? If so, is the update expensive?

Can it be downloaded on the web and installed by the owner?
Firmware updates are done under warranty if you complain about an issue and your SA thinks the update will fix it. They have to put an issue on the claim in order to be paid by Audi. Claiming Bluetooth issues is always a good one, even if you don't actually have Bluetooth issues. Map updates on the other hand are paid updates and cost around $400 for the map license and labor to install it. Updating the maps can only be performed by the dealer on our cars, however there's a guy named Philip over on Audizine who does it for $200. Somehow he has access to the required stuff and does the update for just the license cost. Also, the map update usually includes an automatic firmware update as well. But to answer your first question, MMI updates won't be performed automatically if you bring in your car for maintenance. You have to request it.
Old 05-05-2015, 11:29 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Actually trying to find out if there is an update for the 2013 S5. I am on "P0566" would like to have the latest version. The MMI keeps acting slow and I just bought the car certified 2 weeks ago.
Old 05-05-2015, 02:52 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by audis52004
Actually trying to find out if there is an update for the 2013 S5. I am on "P0566" would like to have the latest version. The MMI keeps acting slow and I just bought the car certified 2 weeks ago.
Yes, you should be able to get K0715-2 if you complain to your SA about the issues you are experiencing. 0566 is pretty old. I think my original unit came with P0609 and then was updated to K0715-2 during the 5k service, because I complained about dropped 3G connections. I'm now at P0733 thanks to getting all new hardware last fall, because the original unit had issues maintaining a GPS signal. This new unit is noticeably improved and also supports AT&T for Audi Connect which is faster and more robust than T-Mobile in my area. BTW, P in the number indicates the version that was factory installed on the unit vs. K that indicates and update done by the dealer.
Old 05-05-2015, 09:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Firmware updates are done under warranty if you complain about an issue and your SA thinks the update will fix it. They have to put an issue on the claim in order to be paid by Audi. Claiming Bluetooth issues is always a good one, even if you don't actually have Bluetooth issues. Map updates on the other hand are paid updates and cost around $400 for the map license and labor to install it. Updating the maps can only be performed by the dealer on our cars, however there's a guy named Philip over on Audizine who does it for $200. Somehow he has access to the required stuff and does the update for just the license cost. Also, the map update usually includes an automatic firmware update as well. But to answer your first question, MMI updates won't be performed automatically if you bring in your car for maintenance. You have to request it.
Thanks for all the info! I'm having issues staying connected to Audi Connect on my Android phone. I randomly lose the internet connection. Could that be blamed on Bluetooth and thus get me an update if I request it at oil-change time?

Also, how often are the maps updated and how do you know what version is installed?
Old 05-05-2015, 11:14 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Thanks for all the info! I'm having issues staying connected to Audi Connect on my Android phone. I randomly lose the internet connection. Could that be blamed on Bluetooth and thus get me an update if I request it at oil-change time?

Also, how often are the maps updated and how do you know what version is installed?
That's more like a Wifi issue, but yes, just state this issue at your next oil change and ask them to update the firmware. Maps I believe are updated twice a year. You can see the version on the same screen I posted above. The latest map version is 6.11.2
Old 05-06-2015, 11:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

That's more like a Wifi issue, but yes, just state this issue at your next oil change and ask them to update the firmware. Maps I believe are updated twice a year. You can see the version on the same screen I posted above. The latest map version is 6.11.2
From my 8-month old S5:

Wow, $800/year for two map updates? Ouch! You could buy a top notch GPS unit for that money.
Old 05-06-2015, 12:42 PM
AudiWorld Super User

From my 8-month old S5:

Wow, $800/year for two map updates? Ouch! You could buy a top notch GPS unit for that money.
You have the same version as me. There is a newer map, but no firmware update newer than 0733 that the dealer can install. A map update won't resolve your connectivity issues.

Quick Reply: Latest MMI Version for 2013 S5