Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Nails, nails, nails!

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2016, 07:50 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Not sure about your dealer...

Originally Posted by superswiss
Yup, you don't want to cheap out on tires with Quattro. BTW, you gonna take a huge bath by just turning in your S5 with only 14k miles on it. Leasing in Texas is a bad idea to begin with, because you pay full sales tax. On top of that as you already figured out Audi leases are terrible. You most likely have a serious amount of equity in this car and since you will have paid the full sales tax at the end of the lease, buying the car and selling it instead of just turning it in seems like a nobrainer. Just something to consider.
… But at Audi Pacific, when I turned in my A6 with low mileage at the end of the lease, they gave me an extra $1700 back. I used it as the down payment for our current S4, which was already discounted with Audi Loyalty Incentives. I have been loyal and have gotten five Audi's from them. I feel as though my leases have worked out well. CA has a high sales tax and you only pay the tax on the value consumed each month.
Old 08-30-2016, 08:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,065 Likes on 740 Posts

Originally Posted by eric strauss
… But at Audi Pacific, when I turned in my A6 with low mileage at the end of the lease, they gave me an extra $1700 back. I used it as the down payment for our current S4, which was already discounted with Audi Loyalty Incentives. I have been loyal and have gotten five Audi's from them. I feel as though my leases have worked out well. CA has a high sales tax and you only pay the tax on the value consumed each month.
You did a trade-in, which is one way to get the equity out at the end of the lease, but if you just turn in the car they won't give you any money back. It sounds like dseg2 is not planning on getting another car just yet. It would be silly to leave all that money on the table and just walking away from the car. The dealer may be willing to buy back the car, that's another possible avenue.
Old 08-30-2016, 05:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 81 Likes on 61 Posts

I'm seriously considering a '17 A4, so I will bring up the "cash back" deal when I talk to my salesman. It may either steer me toward another Audi or work as a bargaining tool on other brands. Great input, Eric Strauss. That's why I love this forum.

On another note, I drove my S5 with the four new tires today and it reminded me of why I fell in love with it in the beginning. The only two things I don't like about it are the black, non-ventilated seats in smoldering TX and the fairly limited trunk space since I travel frequently. It all fits, but it is not easy to get in or out of the trunk. One more minor thing... the trunk has grocery hooks but it is so shallow I have to wrap the straps around several times just to secure the bags. My Lexus trunk was so deep they hung upright with no problem. The little annoyances with an otherwise wonderful car. They all disappear when I drive it!

Last edited by dseag2; 08-30-2016 at 05:14 PM.
Old 09-02-2016, 10:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

FYI-Audi dealer will fix/patch a nail in the tire for free if you're car is within warranty. at least that's what they told me when I picked one up a few months back, no charge.
Old 09-02-2016, 03:43 PM
Ultimate Keyboard Warrior

Received 283 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by mikejaeggi
FYI-Audi dealer will fix/patch a nail in the tire for free if you're car is within warranty. at least that's what they told me when I picked one up a few months back, no charge.
Discount Tire has always repaired any tire for free, even if not purchased there.
Old 09-03-2016, 06:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Two of my tires were beyond patching, and I'm glad to have 4 new tires so I can enjoy my S5 to the fullest for the next 3 months.
Old 09-07-2016, 06:25 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hey dseag2

Have you thought about the new S5 sport back?
Old 09-12-2016, 09:54 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dseag2
I'm seriously considering a '17 A4, so I will bring up the "cash back" deal when I talk to my salesman. It may either steer me toward another Audi or work as a bargaining tool on other brands. Great input, Eric Strauss. That's why I love this forum.

On another note, I drove my S5 with the four new tires today and it reminded me of why I fell in love with it in the beginning. The only two things I don't like about it are the black, non-ventilated seats in smoldering TX and the fairly limited trunk space since I travel frequently. It all fits, but it is not easy to get in or out of the trunk. One more minor thing... the trunk has grocery hooks but it is so shallow I have to wrap the straps around several times just to secure the bags. My Lexus trunk was so deep they hung upright with no problem. The little annoyances with an otherwise wonderful car. They all disappear when I drive it!
dont get it...i had it for 2 weeks while they were repairing my s5. it was low on power, and absolutely no engine braking. I missed the growl of my s5 the s4 had nothing. I have my s5 back and i wouldnt trade it in for an a4 or s4. maybe for the 2018 s5 or rs5
Old 09-13-2016, 05:38 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by fasteddy91
Hey dseag2

Have you thought about the new S5 sport back?
I've been traveling so I just saw it posted today. Really handsome car with more usability but not sure when it will be available. My lease ends in January, but I know they will extend it.
Old 09-15-2016, 10:30 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I believe May 2017 is the target date.

Didn't someone post a pic of the Audi model release shedule for the next few years?

Last edited by fasteddy91; 09-15-2016 at 10:33 PM.

Quick Reply: Nails, nails, nails!