Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Need help with wheels

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2015, 03:17 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with wheels

Purchased 2015 s5 with the basic rims. Wanted to upgrade to the titanium wheel package for $1300 but dealer said it was too late and that I would have to buy it afterwards. The cost to buy afterwards is $5k!!!! I would normally try to buy outside of dealer but I also purchased the wheel hazard program and the dealer said that if I don't buy from him the warranty is no longer valid!! Here in jersey I need the protection because we have many pot holes that bend the rims constantly. Does anyone have any options? I really want the 19 in rims that are options on the car. I tried to talk to the gm and he said he couldn't do anything.

Any help is appreciated
Old 02-28-2015, 06:07 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hear ya about pot holes. Therefore it's critical to have an extra set. I've had luck using ebay and craigslist. I've had three sets at one time.

If you don't want to bite the bullet at the stealership, you'll need to look in the classifieds here also.

If I were in need of another set, I might consider these, as they are 20's and would look quite nice on an S5. Also, they are within reasonable driving distance, allowing you to check them out.

ORIGINAL AUDI WHEELS WITH ALL SEASON TIRES & CAPS - 20" POLISHED
Old 02-28-2015, 06:58 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thanks. Only issue is that the wheels won't be covered by the warranty I purchased. I've vbought so many rims for other cars so I made sure to get the insurance this time.....sigh
Old 02-28-2015, 07:15 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Captainkim
Thanks. Only issue is that the wheels won't be covered by the warranty I purchased. I've vbought so many rims for other cars so I made sure to get the insurance this time.....sigh
That warranty should be able to be cancelled, even if pro-rated. I was able to do that with a past Chevrolet dealer.

For me, the best insurance is to have an extra set or two. That way, if a rim gets bent from a pot hole, I can just throw on another set until I get the bent rim repaired. I've been happy and lucky going that route. YMMV of course.
Old 03-02-2015, 08:28 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 102 Likes on 81 Posts

I would cancel the wheel insurance from your dealer. They are messing with you. On my last 911, my dealer covered the OEM wheels and my aftermarket snows for no additional charge.

Check out www.tirerack.com for a pretty good selection of wheels if you don't want to pay retail for the 19" from the dealer.
Old 03-02-2015, 10:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

I agree with 19hole, the dealer is jerking you around. Don't bother giving him your business. You can buy wheels packages with insurance independent of your dealership. Don't let them tell you they are the only game in town. They're not.

Hartmann wheels make quality spin-offs and you can probably find insurance for the wheels independent of any wheel retailer.
Old 03-02-2015, 11:08 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 74 Posts

Purchased 2015 s5 with the basic rims. Wanted to upgrade to the titanium wheel package for $1300 but dealer said it was too late and that I would have to buy it afterwards. The cost to buy afterwards is $5k!!!! I would normally try to buy outside of dealer but I also purchased the wheel hazard program and the dealer said that if I don't buy from him the warranty is no longer valid!! Here in jersey I need the protection because we have many pot holes that bend the rims constantly. Does anyone have any options? I really want the 19 in rims that are options on the car. I tried to talk to the gm and he said he couldn't do anything.

Any help is appreciated
if you hadn't taken delivery of the vehicle you would have had more leverage. Still, damn the dealer on the satisfaction survey and take it up to Audi national. Sounds like the dealer is a jerk…A good dealer would find a car with the package and swap or otherwise make you happy.

As for the wheel warranty, if it's an audi warranty it's good at any audi dealer if not to you personally.
Old 03-12-2015, 09:42 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

yeah, the dealer is not helping me out. He said he would get back to me and as expected...nothing. I called audi cust service and basically they told me i cant do anything about it. All they did was contact the dealership again. Great service. Lesson learned. Im debating giving bad reviews on the survey but since its not annomyous, i hear that when you bring your car in for service, they treat you like crap because you are on their S list.
Old 03-12-2015, 12:34 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

yeah, the dealer is not helping me out. He said he would get back to me and as expected...nothing. I called audi cust service and basically they told me i cant do anything about it. All they did was contact the dealership again. Great service. Lesson learned. Im debating giving bad reviews on the survey but since its not annomyous, i hear that when you bring your car in for service, they treat you like crap because you are on their S list.
You're in Jersey. There are many, many other Audi dealers. You don't have to get service where you purchased.

I got my S5 in northern Jersey and have not had it serviced there because they jerked me around with my registration.

Try other dealerships, sales and service are two completely different depts. you'll find better treatment at another.
Old 03-12-2015, 08:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by lmariorod
You're in Jersey. There are many, many other Audi dealers. You don't have to get service where you purchased.

I got my S5 in northern Jersey and have not had it serviced there because they jerked me around with my registration.

Try other dealerships, sales and service are two completely different depts. you'll find better treatment at another.
+RS5

Quick Reply: Need help with wheels