Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Perma Plate. Is it worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2016, 09:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

If you want the best paint protection, check out Opti-Coat Pro/Plus. After almost 4 years the paint is glossy as new and no waxing needed. Sheds dirt and easier to clean. Along with my Xpel Ultimate full front film, the best investments I've ever made on a new car.

Last edited by snagitseven; 04-30-2016 at 10:04 AM.
Old 04-29-2016, 10:02 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
If you want the best paint protection, check out Opti-Coat Pro/Plus. After almost 4 years the paint is glossy as new and no waxing needed. Sheds dirt and easier to clean. Along with my Cpel Ultimate full front film, the best investments I've ever made on a new car.
Assume you mean XPEL Ultimate? Looked at it and OptiCoat Pro with the Plus addon. Crystal Serum is very similar, only better I'm told, by many detailers. Same with the SunTech vs XPel. Honestly, from what I understand, 99% of people wouldn't be able to see the difference.
Either way I'm very excited to get before & after pics to compare and share.
Old 04-30-2016, 10:11 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Detailers will usually say what's best by what they sell. Xpel Ultimate is the only film on the market that has self-healing properties and a clearcoat top layer like the car's paint. Not one paint chip, film fade or blemish after almost four years. I'm very pleased.
Old 04-20-2022, 01:20 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not Worth it. Save your money towards paying your car.

Originally Posted by vivekjp
Hey all,

I just purchased my 2010 A5, black exterior with linen beige interior. The dealer has tried to sell me the $800 Perma Plate coating for the exterior and interior. Has anybody has any experience with this and think it's worth the cost? Would I just be better off spending money or more regular detailing?

Thanks!
I recently tried to make a claim for tree sap damage on my car and they did not honor it. They sent a technician that was entitled and lazy and didn’t even attempt to fix or think of a solution. The service sucks. They called me the next day and tried to say that they’re not gonna cover the weathered damage and that they don’t believe me. I also looked them up on BBB (better business bureau) and sure enough, lots of recent (year 2022) complaints of them charging people without consent and denying people’s claims even though they said they would help. Also damaging people’s interior of their vehicle’s permanently.

After researching and reviewing ways to fix my paint situation on my vehicle I’m sure I can fix it myself. Which means I really didn’t have to pay $1495 USD for this service, and neither should you.

No it’s NOT WORTH IT.

Use your money towards paying your car off or getting some cool speakers or sound system or lights or LED touchscreen panel instead.
Old 04-22-2022, 02:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 55 Likes on 53 Posts

In my 30+ years of buying and owning cars, nothing the dealer has ever added on is worth the money. The only thing I would remotely consider, for people with ZERO mechanical skills, is prepay the Audi maintenance (Audi Care?). Otherwise, nothing added on (paint protection, VIN etching, undercoating, security system, super wax, nitrogen gas, etc., etc.) is ever worth it.