RS5 s-tronic - AudiWorld Forums

Go Back   AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio
Log In 


Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet

RS5 s-tronic

Reply
 
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-15-2014, 07:11 PM   #1
Audiworld Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 91
Default RS5 s-tronic

How does the S-Tronic behave on the RS5 in dynamic mode?
Does it keep the RPM above a certain level?
Does it provide engine braking?
Will it change to a lower gear by itself in manual mode if the gas pedal is floored (hits kickdown button)?
audiblitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 07:48 PM   #2
Audiworld Junior Member
 
Boostinfd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 56
Default

Like automatic. No comparison to m3's DCT at all.
In S mode it revs to 6k or so before changing gears... Then rev matches it when slowing down.
Yes
Yes.
__________________
2013 Audi RS5
-H&R Springs
-ECS Spacers: 10mm Front, 15mm Rear
-VCDS coding.
Boostinfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 08:02 PM   #3
AudiWorld Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Posts: 1,132
Default

How does the S-Tronic behave on the RS5 in dynamic mode? That's a loaded question. You've got to be more specific. Auto mode or manual mode, shift speed or what are you asking about?

Does it keep the RPM above a certain level? Assuming you mean in Auto and Sport (Dynamic), then it keeps the rpms above 3k and depending on how you drive shifts anywhere between 3.5k and redline.

Does it provide engine braking? Yes

Will it change to a lower gear by itself in manual mode if the gas pedal is floored (hits kickdown button)? Yes, if you actually trigger the kickdown button, but you'll never trigger it inadvertently. There's quite a resistance and you have to really punch it through to actually trigger the kickdown button.
__________________
'13 panther blk RS5, Ti pkg, blk leather/alcantara, nav pkg, sport exhaust, driver assist pkg, rear shade, alu kreuz, ECS spacers 15f/10r, ECS tru-float rotors, ECS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, european delivery
'07 phantom blk S4, blk leather, 6mt, conv pkg, audio pkg, heated front&rear seats, bluetooth, nav plus, parktronic, DTM pkg, carbon trim, TPMS, rear&side shades (sold)
superswiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 07:00 AM   #4
AudiWorld Newcomer
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boostinfd View Post
Like automatic. No comparison to m3's DCT at all.
In S mode it revs to 6k or so before changing gears... Then rev matches it when slowing down.
Yes
Yes.
What do u mean by no comparison to M3's DCT?
Dani_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 09:31 AM   #5
Audiworld Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 56
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by superswiss View Post
Also, just to be clear. The S-tronic doesn't have a dynamic mode. This part confuses most people, even the ones that own the car. The S-tronic has four modes. Drive Auto, Drive Manual, Sport Auto and Sport Manual. When you put Drive Select in Dynamic it puts the transmission in Sport, but at any time you can put it back to Drive and in fact if you turn off the engine and restart it, the transmission will be back in Drive. Drive vs. Sport affects the throttle map, shift speed and shift points. Many people don't realize that having Drive Select in Dynamic mode and the transmission in Drive Auto/Manual doesn't give you the most aggressive throttle map and shift speeds. You actually have to put the transmission in Sport Auto or Manual to get the aggressive throttle map and shift speeds.
How do you select between "Drive" and "Sport" while in manual mode? In auto mode clicking the shift **** down will toggle but in manual mode it will... downshift. Also, what indicator is there that you are in "Sport Manual" vs "Drive Manual"?

I have an S5 so I'm curious as to how it's handled differently in the RS5. When I go to manual mode, the throttle mapping, as well as rev-matching mirrors that of "Sport Auto" and it doesn't matter if I started in D or S before.
__________________
2014 Cayman S - Sapphire Blue - PDK
2013 S5 - Monsoon - 7sp, sport diff (sold)
blinsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 09:38 AM   #6
Audiworld Junior Member
 
Boostinfd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 56
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani_x View Post
What do u mean by no comparison to M3's DCT?
My previous car was e92 M3 with DCT. I loved that transmission. The 6 settings, the gear changing... no bucking and jerking... it was just smooth and nice.

S-Tronic... it's like an automatic with Tiptronic paddles. It's so jerky when coming to a stop, downshifting... The only time is smooth is if you're changing gears around 6-8K rpm.

Just my opinion based on the way I drive.
__________________
2013 Audi RS5
-H&R Springs
-ECS Spacers: 10mm Front, 15mm Rear
-VCDS coding.
Boostinfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 09:39 AM   #7
Audiworld Junior Member
 
Boostinfd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 56
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinsc View Post
How do you select between "Drive" and "Sport" while in manual mode? In auto mode clicking the shift **** down will toggle but in manual mode it will... downshift. Also, what indicator is there that you are in "Sport Manual" vs "Drive Manual"?

I have an S5 so I'm curious as to how it's handled differently in the RS5. When I go to manual mode, the throttle mapping, as well as rev-matching mirrors that of "Sport Auto" and it doesn't matter if I started in D or S before.
I believe, when you switch to Dynamic, the car goes in the S-Auto Mode... if you go from S-auto to manual, that's S-Manual... if you go back to S, push down for D-Auto Mode... then right to Manual, That's D-Manual.

I haven't noticed any changes from S or D manual..
__________________
2013 Audi RS5
-H&R Springs
-ECS Spacers: 10mm Front, 15mm Rear
-VCDS coding.
Boostinfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 09:45 AM   #8
Audiworld Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 56
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boostinfd View Post
I believe, when you switch to Dynamic, the car goes in the S-Auto Mode... if you go from S-auto to manual, that's S-Manual... if you go back to S, push down for D-Auto Mode... then right to Manual, That's D-Manual.

I haven't noticed any changes from S or D manual..
Huh. I'll have to check that out. My car is always in Dynamic, but of course it starts in D mode. What I do know for certain is that the dash indicator only shows D, S, or MX where X is the current gear.

The S5 doesn't have the same S-tronic as the RS5 so maybe that's the difference here.
__________________
2014 Cayman S - Sapphire Blue - PDK
2013 S5 - Monsoon - 7sp, sport diff (sold)
blinsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 10:24 AM   #9
Audiworld Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 31
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinsc View Post
dash indicator only shows D, S, or MX where X is the current gear.
fyi, a neat VAG-COM tweak for DIS, shows the current gear even in D and S, like the M mode does.
glycerine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 11:18 AM   #10
AudiWorld Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Posts: 1,132
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boostinfd View Post
I believe, when you switch to Dynamic, the car goes in the S-Auto Mode... if you go from S-auto to manual, that's S-Manual... if you go back to S, push down for D-Auto Mode... then right to Manual, That's D-Manual.

I haven't noticed any changes from S or D manual..
To go to S manual, you first go to S Auto and then over to manual. If you don't feel a difference between the two modes, then you are not driving the car hard enough. The transmission mode overrides the current Drive Select setting for engine/transmission. If the transmission is in Sport auto/manual, the engine/transmission is in dynamic. If the transmission is in D auto/manual, the engine/transmission is in comfort/auto, regardless of what your current Drive Select says. There's a noticeable difference in throttle response down low if you are in D manual vs. S manual.
__________________
'13 panther blk RS5, Ti pkg, blk leather/alcantara, nav pkg, sport exhaust, driver assist pkg, rear shade, alu kreuz, ECS spacers 15f/10r, ECS tru-float rotors, ECS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, european delivery
'07 phantom blk S4, blk leather, 6mt, conv pkg, audio pkg, heated front&rear seats, bluetooth, nav plus, parktronic, DTM pkg, carbon trim, TPMS, rear&side shades (sold)
superswiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 11:25 AM   #11
AudiWorld Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Posts: 1,132
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boostinfd View Post
My previous car was e92 M3 with DCT. I loved that transmission. The 6 settings, the gear changing... no bucking and jerking... it was just smooth and nice.

S-Tronic... it's like an automatic with Tiptronic paddles. It's so jerky when coming to a stop, downshifting... The only time is smooth is if you're changing gears around 6-8K rpm.

Just my opinion based on the way I drive.
Sport auto mode is tuned for the track. It's counting on you being hard on the brakes when it downshifts. It's rough around town. I rarely ever drive in S auto. S manual on the other hand is a different story. You still get the responsive throttle and fast upshifts, but you can also comfortably downshift by letting it downshift on it's own as you come to a stop. I usually downshift myself to 3rd and then let it downshift to 2nd and first as I come to a stop. Butter smooth.
__________________
'13 panther blk RS5, Ti pkg, blk leather/alcantara, nav pkg, sport exhaust, driver assist pkg, rear shade, alu kreuz, ECS spacers 15f/10r, ECS tru-float rotors, ECS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, european delivery
'07 phantom blk S4, blk leather, 6mt, conv pkg, audio pkg, heated front&rear seats, bluetooth, nav plus, parktronic, DTM pkg, carbon trim, TPMS, rear&side shades (sold)
superswiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 12:59 PM   #12
Audiworld Junior Member
 
wieRS5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 64
Default

GOOD QUESTIONS, AND S-TRONIC IS IN FACT NOT LIKE A REGULAR AUTO BOX, IT IS AN AUTOMATED DUAL CLUTCH MANUAL BOX (SO WITHOUT TORQUE CONVERTOR). IT IS NOT AS SMOOTH AS A REGULAR AUTO BOX, BUT, DEPENDING ON THE SOFTWARE, YOU CAN DRIVE IT LIKE A MANUAL.

THE RS5 IN THAT RESPECT IS DIFFERENT FROM THE A5/S5, SEE MY ANSWERS ON YOUR QUESTIONS BELOW (IN CAPS TO SEE WHAT IS WHAT).

How does the S-Tronic behave on the RS5 in dynamic mode?

DYNAMIC MODE IS IDEAL FOR TRACK OR SPORTY USE. RPM WILL STAY BETWEEN 3500 AND 8250 RPM IN AUTO MODE. MANUAL MODE IS REAL MANUAL, COMPARED TO OTHER S-TRONIC CARS.

Does it keep the RPM above a certain level?

IN MANUAL IT WILL GO TO MAX RP=8250 RPM, UNTIL YOU UPSHIFT YOURSELF. IN DYNAMIC AUTO MODE, IT DEPENDS ON HOW DEEP YOU PRESS THE PEDAL, BUT BETWEEN 4500 AND 8250 RPM IT WILL UPSHIFT.

Does it provide engine braking?

YES, IF YOU LOOK AHEAD, YOU DON'T NEED TO BRAKE A LOT, LIKE IN A MANUAL CAR

Will it change to a lower gear by itself in manual mode if the gas pedal is floored (hits kickdown button)?[/QUOTE]

NO, THE MANUAL MODE IN THE RS5 IS (ALMOST) A REAL MANUAL, SO KICKDOWN DOES NOT WORK, ALSO NO UPSHIFT AT MAX RPMS, SO THE REV LIMITER WILL COME IN. ONLY WHEN YOU ARE TOO LOW IN REVS, THE S-TRONIC WILL DOWNSHIFT TO PREVENT SHUTDOWN OF THE ENGINE.

THIS IS DIFFERENT FROM S-TRONIC IN OTHER A5/S5 MODELS!
__________________
RS5 Cabrio
Phantom Black|Waxoil|Cognac Brown leather|Comfort seats/ventilation|Neck-heating|Heated memory seats/mirrors|Black Headlining|Piano black Inlay|B&O|MMI 3G Online|Nav Plus|AMI|Freecom XXS 500Gb HDD|DVD|TV/DAB+|Bluetooth+|Xenon+|LED rear|Adaptive Light|High-Beam assist|Light Pack|Parking Advanced|Advanced Key|Adaptive Cruise|Side Assist|20" RS5 wheels (PQI)|TPM|Dynamic Steering/Suspension|Sports differential|Hold assist|HomeLink|Track & Trace|Storage Pack
wieRS5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 09:06 AM   #13
AudiWorld Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Posts: 1,132
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wieRS5 View Post
NO, THE MANUAL MODE IN THE RS5 IS (ALMOST) A REAL MANUAL, SO KICKDOWN DOES NOT WORK, ALSO NO UPSHIFT AT MAX RPMS, SO THE REV LIMITER WILL COME IN. ONLY WHEN YOU ARE TOO LOW IN REVS, THE S-TRONIC WILL DOWNSHIFT TO PREVENT SHUTDOWN OF THE ENGINE.

THIS IS DIFFERENT FROM S-TRONIC IN OTHER A5/S5 MODELS!
Actually, the kickdown does work in manual, but you have to trigger the kickdown switch by pressing the pedal past the point of resistance.
__________________
'13 panther blk RS5, Ti pkg, blk leather/alcantara, nav pkg, sport exhaust, driver assist pkg, rear shade, alu kreuz, ECS spacers 15f/10r, ECS tru-float rotors, ECS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, european delivery
'07 phantom blk S4, blk leather, 6mt, conv pkg, audio pkg, heated front&rear seats, bluetooth, nav plus, parktronic, DTM pkg, carbon trim, TPMS, rear&side shades (sold)
superswiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 04:04 AM   #14
Audiworld Junior Member
 
wieRS5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 64
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by superswiss View Post
Actually, the kickdown does work in manual, but you have to trigger the kickdown switch by pressing the pedal past the point of resistance.
Hmmm, I will test it tomorrow, but I am almost sure that in Manual mode (this means with the gear lever moved to the right, NOT in temporarily manual with the flippers on the steering wheel!) the kickdown switch (which I know is there, and you can feel by pressing the pedal to the floor) is not working.
__________________
RS5 Cabrio
Phantom Black|Waxoil|Cognac Brown leather|Comfort seats/ventilation|Neck-heating|Heated memory seats/mirrors|Black Headlining|Piano black Inlay|B&O|MMI 3G Online|Nav Plus|AMI|Freecom XXS 500Gb HDD|DVD|TV/DAB+|Bluetooth+|Xenon+|LED rear|Adaptive Light|High-Beam assist|Light Pack|Parking Advanced|Advanced Key|Adaptive Cruise|Side Assist|20" RS5 wheels (PQI)|TPM|Dynamic Steering/Suspension|Sports differential|Hold assist|HomeLink|Track & Trace|Storage Pack
wieRS5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 08:45 AM   #15
AudiWorld Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Posts: 1,132
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wieRS5 View Post
Hmmm, I will test it tomorrow, but I am almost sure that in Manual mode (this means with the gear lever moved to the right, NOT in temporarily manual with the flippers on the steering wheel!) the kickdown switch (which I know is there, and you can feel by pressing the pedal to the floor) is not working.
Yes, I'm talking about full manual mode. It works in my car. You have to be in a very unfavorable gear. For example putter along in 7th at slow speeds and then punch it past the point of resistance and it will downshift several gears to give you max acceleration. The physical kickdown switch is only there for the manual mode. In D auto or S auto, the kickdown triggers way before you actually trigger the switch. The kickdown switch is basically the fastest way to downshift into the right gear when you are in manual mode and find yourself in the wrong gear.
__________________
'13 panther blk RS5, Ti pkg, blk leather/alcantara, nav pkg, sport exhaust, driver assist pkg, rear shade, alu kreuz, ECS spacers 15f/10r, ECS tru-float rotors, ECS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, european delivery
'07 phantom blk S4, blk leather, 6mt, conv pkg, audio pkg, heated front&rear seats, bluetooth, nav plus, parktronic, DTM pkg, carbon trim, TPMS, rear&side shades (sold)
superswiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 10:28 AM   #16
Audiworld Junior Member
 
Boostinfd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 56
Default

I concur that this works. I was in 6th gear, manual going 37mph... pressed the gas all the way down and it shifted to 2nd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superswiss View Post
Yes, I'm talking about full manual mode. It works in my car. You have to be in a very unfavorable gear. For example putter along in 7th at slow speeds and then punch it past the point of resistance and it will downshift several gears to give you max acceleration. The physical kickdown switch is only there for the manual mode. In D auto or S auto, the kickdown triggers way before you actually trigger the switch. The kickdown switch is basically the fastest way to downshift into the right gear when you are in manual mode and find yourself in the wrong gear.
__________________
2013 Audi RS5
-H&R Springs
-ECS Spacers: 10mm Front, 15mm Rear
-VCDS coding.
Boostinfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 03:59 PM   #17
AudiWorld Senior Member
 
ayap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 1,684
Default

You're just making the issue more confusing. It's all semantics. Sports mode = Dynamic Mode. Dynamic Mode = Sports Mode. Whatever you call it - its objective is to change the throttle map to make the car more aggressive.
You're the one owner who is confused, because Dynamic Mode is no different from Sports Mode in terms of function.

I also heard an argument like yours that said "Oh, the S5 has no Sports mode, it has Dynamic mode". But when you put it in Dynamic Mode, the tranny sign in the front instrument panel says "S" mode. So, if you read the Audi Manual S-mode is interchangeable with Dynamic mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superswiss View Post
Also, just to be clear. The S-tronic doesn't have a dynamic mode. This part confuses most people, even the ones that own the car. The S-tronic has four modes. Drive Auto, Drive Manual, Sport Auto and Sport Manual. When you put Drive Select in Dynamic it puts the transmission in Sport, but at any time you can put it back to Drive and in fact if you turn off the engine and restart it, the transmission will be back in Drive. Drive vs. Sport affects the throttle map, shift speed and shift points. Many people don't realize that having Drive Select in Dynamic mode and the transmission in Drive Auto/Manual doesn't give you the most aggressive throttle map and shift speeds. You actually have to put the transmission in Sport Auto or Manual to get the aggressive throttle map and shift speeds.
__________________
====================================
2012 Audi S5, Monsoon Gray, Black Leather
Tip Auto, Prem Plus+, Navi, Adv. Key, Carbon Fiber Trim, Sports Differential
----------------------------------------
2013 Audi Allroad, Phantom Pearl Black, Black Leather, Alu Kreuz installed, Revo Stage I
8-Spd T-tronic, Prem Plus, Navigation/Rear Camera, Adv. Key, Sports Package/Paddles

-----------------------------
2006 Atlas Gray A6 Avant (gone, traded-in for 2013 Allroad, farewell)
2007 BMW 328xi Coupe 2Dr Sapphire Black (gone, traded-in for S5)
2008 Infiniti EX35 2WD Black (gone)
2004 Mazda RX8 Gray (gone)
2003 Cobalt Blue Audi Allroad (gone)



ayap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 05:21 AM   #18
Audiworld Junior Member
 
wieRS5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 64
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by superswiss View Post
Yes, I'm talking about full manual mode. It works in my car. You have to be in a very unfavorable gear. For example putter along in 7th at slow speeds and then punch it past the point of resistance and it will downshift several gears to give you max acceleration. The physical kickdown switch is only there for the manual mode. In D auto or S auto, the kickdown triggers way before you actually trigger the switch. The kickdown switch is basically the fastest way to downshift into the right gear when you are in manual mode and find yourself in the wrong gear.
That's interesting...........

I did an extensive test yesterday and definitely my RS5 happily does NOT have kickdown when driving in full manual mode (so with the shift lever moved to the right).

Both with the S-tronic in Dynamic (so Manual S) or Auto/Comfort (so Manual D) mode, the revs can be as low as 1200 rpm (or lower), and even if you press the pedal then to the bottum (and feel the kickdown switch under it), the S-tronic does NOT downshift. Regardless in which gear you drive. The only moment that it downshifts (automatically) is when your revs get below 1000 rpm or so, and then it only downshifts 1 gear, to prevent shutdown of the engine, but is regardless if you press the pedal or not.

When I do the same test in temporarily manual mode (by using the flippers on the steering wheel), the kickdown works directly when you press the pedal to the floor (also both with S-tronic in S and D).

So it is indeed exactly as I described before.

Only explanation can be that EU and US specced cars are different in this respect? (I am from EU, you guys?). Could be due to strict liability laws in US or so?

If so............then it would be interesting to know how to config this "flag" using VAGCOM/VCDS, not only for US drivers, but also for all A5/S5 drivers of which many would like to have this full manual without kickdown in their cars!!!
__________________
RS5 Cabrio
Phantom Black|Waxoil|Cognac Brown leather|Comfort seats/ventilation|Neck-heating|Heated memory seats/mirrors|Black Headlining|Piano black Inlay|B&O|MMI 3G Online|Nav Plus|AMI|Freecom XXS 500Gb HDD|DVD|TV/DAB+|Bluetooth+|Xenon+|LED rear|Adaptive Light|High-Beam assist|Light Pack|Parking Advanced|Advanced Key|Adaptive Cruise|Side Assist|20" RS5 wheels (PQI)|TPM|Dynamic Steering/Suspension|Sports differential|Hold assist|HomeLink|Track & Trace|Storage Pack

Last edited by wieRS5; 03-22-2014 at 05:24 AM.
wieRS5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 08:36 AM   #19
AudiWorld Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Posts: 1,132
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wieRS5 View Post
That's interesting...........

I did an extensive test yesterday and definitely my RS5 happily does NOT have kickdown when driving in full manual mode (so with the shift lever moved to the right).

Both with the S-tronic in Dynamic (so Manual S) or Auto/Comfort (so Manual D) mode, the revs can be as low as 1200 rpm (or lower), and even if you press the pedal then to the bottum (and feel the kickdown switch under it), the S-tronic does NOT downshift. Regardless in which gear you drive. The only moment that it downshifts (automatically) is when your revs get below 1000 rpm or so, and then it only downshifts 1 gear, to prevent shutdown of the engine, but is regardless if you press the pedal or not.

When I do the same test in temporarily manual mode (by using the flippers on the steering wheel), the kickdown works directly when you press the pedal to the floor (also both with S-tronic in S and D).

So it is indeed exactly as I described before.

Only explanation can be that EU and US specced cars are different in this respect? (I am from EU, you guys?). Could be due to strict liability laws in US or so?

If so............then it would be interesting to know how to config this "flag" using VAGCOM/VCDS, not only for US drivers, but also for all A5/S5 drivers of which many would like to have this full manual without kickdown in their cars!!!
That is indeed interesting. To me it doesn't matter much. I don't actually take advantage of it very often. It takes a conscious effort to push the throttle pedal past the point of resistance and trigger the switch. I've never triggered the kickdown inadvertently.
__________________
'13 panther blk RS5, Ti pkg, blk leather/alcantara, nav pkg, sport exhaust, driver assist pkg, rear shade, alu kreuz, ECS spacers 15f/10r, ECS tru-float rotors, ECS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, european delivery
'07 phantom blk S4, blk leather, 6mt, conv pkg, audio pkg, heated front&rear seats, bluetooth, nav plus, parktronic, DTM pkg, carbon trim, TPMS, rear&side shades (sold)
superswiss is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:31 AM.


Copyright 2014 AudiWorld.com Audi Enthusiast Community