Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

S5: Sepang blue vs. glacier metallic white

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2014, 01:25 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S5: Sepang blue vs. glacier metallic white

Hi all,
placing an order soon on 2015 S5.
wondering thoughts on sepang blue versus glacier metallic white, with black optics/high gloss black package.

I haven't seen the sepang blue with the high gloss black package in person. The white with the high gloss black package looks great.

thanks.
Old 12-28-2014, 01:49 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

wow....great looking car! thanks for the reply. making the decision tougher..
Old 12-28-2014, 02:41 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I am on the same boat as you, Ann. I have seen an Ibis white ( similar to Glacier) with black optics package and it looked awesome. But I had a Sepang Blue moved here to my state so I can compare with a Glacier that is arriving tomorrow as well. I will take pics for you and will describe in detail. But judging by the pics, I am leaning towards Glacier.
Old 12-28-2014, 03:25 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Lexura
I am on the same boat as you, Ann. I have seen an Ibis white ( similar to Glacier) with black optics package and it looked awesome. But I had a Sepang Blue moved here to my state so I can compare with a Glacier that is arriving tomorrow as well. I will take pics for you and will describe in detail. But judging by the pics, I am leaning towards Glacier.
awesome, thanks so much. i also think the white with black optics looks pretty amazing but the sepang above is killer...

looking forward to seeing your pics..
Old 12-28-2014, 04:38 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by HamOnRye
Thanks. Just to be fair, here are some photos of the same car about two weeks after it was delivered. This was before the Opti-Coat application; all that had been done was dealer prep. The Opti-Coat really made the Sepang pop, and the color looks darker and not quite so flat. The pearlescent blue paint goes from light blue to dark blue to purple depending on the light and viewing angle.

Correction: The detailer applied 2 coats of Opti-Pro and a finishing coat of Opti-Gloss. The wheels and calipers got 2 coats of Opti-Pro only.
So, how much did the Opti-pro run you, if you don't mind me asking?
Old 12-29-2014, 07:52 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thank you for the cost info. I just came from the dealer couple of hours ago and I must say that the Sepang Blue is the bomb!! I would take it over Glacier white. Its a very elegant blue with tint of purple. I will be finalizing my purchase tomorrow.

Originally Posted by HamOnRye
$1770...might seem high but the detailer did more than a normal shop would have.

Paint correction, entire car
2 coats Opti-Pro on painted surfaces, followed by 1 coat of Opti-Gloss
Remove wheels, 2 coats Opti-Pro on outside surfaces and barrels...calipers too
Opti-Glass on all exterior glass, including moonroof
Opti-Lens on all plastic lamp lenses
2 coats Opti-Guard on all interior surfaces, both leather and plastic. 3 coats for high-wear surfaces
Heat lamp curing

I am very pleased with the results. The guy spent 4 days on it, taking his time and getting it right.
Old 12-29-2014, 07:57 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Ann, pics will not show you how awesome Sepang Blue is. Its a beautiful elegant unique color. I WILL TAKE IT OVER GLACIER WHITE. HamOnRye's description is spot on. He said " The pearlescent blue paint goes from light blue to dark blue to purple depending on the light and viewing angle." I WILL FINALIZE MY PURCHASE TOMORROW. Good luck with the build.

Last edited by Lexura; 12-29-2014 at 08:36 PM.
Old 12-29-2014, 08:32 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

New 2015 Audi S5 3.0T For Sale | Minneapolis MN | VIN: WAUCGAFR9FA031638

Here is my car. I believe they call the Black Optics package now as the High Gloss Package. Interior is black alcantara with aluminum. I don't have B&O, though. :-( . You think I am missing out?
Old 12-29-2014, 09:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 33 Likes on 11 Posts

get the sepang..here is mine

Old 12-29-2014, 09:17 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Nice RS5!

Ham, Ann is ordering and I had an out of state S5 moved here. I cannot deal with waiting! Thanks Ham!

Last edited by Lexura; 12-29-2014 at 09:25 PM.

Quick Reply: S5: Sepang blue vs. glacier metallic white