Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Sports Springs & Spacers???

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2014, 02:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sports Springs & Spacers???

Just picked up my 2015 A5 yesterday!

It's Premium Plus w/ Sports and Sports Plus package (Sports Suspension)

The dealer recommended I upgrade the springs from stock and add spacers to change the look and feel a bit.

I'm just wondering what everyone's thoughts are regarding replacing the springs? The Sports Suspension is already supposed to be lowered a bit already. Would it make that much difference going from sports suspension to aftermarket springs like H&R? I'm not really looking into putting coilovers.

As far as spacers, besides the look of the wheels extruding out a bit, I'm guessing it may change handling a bit? or is it just pure aesthetics?
Old 10-19-2014, 08:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Beautiful car mokotoy! From the photo you recently posted, I assume you have decided to go ahead with springs and spacers.
I'm considering the same for my SQ5.
Couple of questions if you don't mind:
* Was it the dealer or the salesman who recommended the mods?
* What size spacers did you install?
* How do you like the handling and was it an improvement?
Thanks for any input. Good luck and stay safe on your cross country trip. Enjoy the sights of this great land!

Originally Posted by mokotoy
Just picked up my 2015 A5 yesterday!

It's Premium Plus w/ Sports and Sports Plus package (Sports Suspension)

The dealer recommended I upgrade the springs from stock and add spacers to change the look and feel a bit.

I'm just wondering what everyone's thoughts are regarding replacing the springs? The Sports Suspension is already supposed to be lowered a bit already. Would it make that much difference going from sports suspension to aftermarket springs like H&R? I'm not really looking into putting coilovers.

As far as spacers, besides the look of the wheels extruding out a bit, I'm guessing it may change handling a bit? or is it just pure aesthetics?