Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

some new wheels perhaps

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2016, 06:22 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default some new wheels perhaps

Hi Folks. Just purchased a 2017 A5. Love the car and pretty much everything about it, but seriously not crazy about the wheels. I am not very knowledgable about the details of how rims\tires should fit, but I know when I see something that I don't like that much. The dealer put these on when they put it in the show room, but that was the only model with manual transmission (I didn't want automatic). And they wouldn't swap out the wheels any other ones. Long story short, they weirdly shaped. I am used to the square looking tires and on these wheels something is off. The driving experience is amazing, but I think these aren't the right wheels for this car. The rear ones look way undersized (height width). Again, I don't know much about fit, but what do you recommend I look into? I'd like to keep things OEM or at least similar to the Audi original 19\20s (RS5 for example). What would look nice on my car?
I got it all blacked out. Removed the badges, painted the Audi rings. so it's all dark now.
Attached Thumbnails some new wheels perhaps-audi-3.jpg   some new wheels perhaps-audi-2.jpg   some new wheels perhaps-audi1.jpg  
Old 11-27-2016, 05:47 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very nice looking car.

The wheels do look a bit underwhelming and too glossy. Probably look better with the Rotor type wheels, although very common.

If you're not looking to spend on a new set of wheels, you might want to try spacers to fill out the wheel well better. Also could powder coat them a matte gun metal type color.

I'm currently running my winter set up of factory 255/35/ZR19 peelers with 20mm rear and 15mm front spacers. It's a lot less aggressive looking than the 20's I put on for summer.

Most importantly, keep that color clean and it looks amazing. That color and black need constant upkeep to look sharp. I saw a similar color RS5 with ashy road salt, dirty and it looked terrible.
Old 12-01-2016, 05:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 251 Likes on 211 Posts

Nice car! My S5 has what I think are the same wheels but in silver. You COULD get yours refinished in OEM silver if you prefer that.
Old 12-08-2016, 02:28 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do you have the old wheels available?

Interested in getting an extra set.