Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Someone hit my front side

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2016, 04:11 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Someone hit my front side

Hello everyone,

I just recently noticed that someone possibly hit my front side and now the square cover in the picture shown is missing and a tiny scratch above to the right.

What is the best course of action for me to do in terms getting the square cover back on fixed, whether going to dealership or body shop and involving my insurance( I have 1k deductible to meet).

How much would it cost me to get it fixed and if that square part is readily available?

Thank you!
Old 11-29-2016, 09:22 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 251 Likes on 211 Posts

Available but you will have to get it painted.

Lmp washer cover for 2015 Audi S5. #8T0955276BGRU

Last edited by J. Patterson; 12-01-2016 at 04:50 AM.
Old 11-30-2016, 02:58 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thank you very much for providing this link! I have contacted audi body shop and they will be ordering and painting this part for me for about $145.

I also had a nail in the rear right tire two weeks ago, and dealership had patched it for me and yesterday that same tire was uninflated. When I took my car to dealership this morning they said that they found a screw in there and tire cannot be patched. Now I have to buy all 4 tires because of that. Not very pleasant situation for me.

Originally Posted by J. Patterson

http://http://www.jimellisaudiparts....55276BGRU.html
Old 11-30-2016, 03:56 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by abidin
Thank you very much for providing this link! I have contacted audi body shop and they will be ordering and painting this part for me for about $145.

I also had a nail in the rear right tire two weeks ago, and dealership had patched it for me and yesterday that same tire was uninflated. When I took my car to dealership this morning they said that they found a screw in there and tire cannot be patched. Now I have to buy all 4 tires because of that. Not very pleasant situation for me.
Can you send a photo of the tire where the screw is? Oftentimes they can be plugged safely despite your dealerships advice. As long as the puncture is not in the sidewall, plugs work fine. Have you checked with a local tire shop?
Old 11-30-2016, 05:30 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Can you send a photo of the tire where the screw is? Oftentimes they can be plugged safely despite your dealerships advice. As long as the puncture is not in the sidewall, plugs work fine. Have you checked with a local tire shop?

That tire was patched initially two weeks ago, now they are saying there's another screw. I'm not sure if that is the truth or maybe they are just trying to cover up their initial mistake when they patched it. My car is at the dealership now. I haven't seen the actual affected area in the tire and screw. I haven't checked with any local tire shops.

I told them already to order 4 new tires.
Old 11-30-2016, 11:18 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

http://http://www.jimellisaudiparts....55276BGRU.html

link not working. DNS error
Old 12-01-2016, 04:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by angel700
link not working. DNS error
oops. Fixed. Did not copy and paste properly using iPad.