Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

A5 SB S-Line Photos (from the Audi Zentrum Stuttgart, DE)

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2017, 04:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnEnglish
Haha no. In fact, manufacturers often have to put extra badges on North American cars.
Pretty much ^, although I've made the effort to debadge my last 3 vehicles. I'm a fan of the more 'clean' look, and like how Glisse's S5 is at the moment. However, I may also remove the main badge from the rear.
Old 03-29-2017, 02:34 AM
N8!
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnEnglish
Haha no. In fact, manufacturers often have to put extra badges on North American cars.
Ah so... looking at the A5 pix on here there is even a Quattro badge opposite the A5. No thx.
Old 03-29-2017, 05:05 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 491 Likes on 335 Posts

Originally Posted by N8!
One thing I thing I've really noticed here in Germany is that almost every car is de-badged. For example; Glisse's A5 SB looks to have been de-badged on the rear.

I have to say that look has grown on me - - is this also the trend back in the US these days?
Yes, I did order it de-badged. Successful strategy, as it is an S5, not an A5

You can also order exterior mirrors in the body colour as well if you want to go further under the radar.

There is a heritage thing at work in Europe, having high performance versions that look the same as base models. The original RS, real AMG (before Mercedes bought the company), etc. If you see a BMW with M badges all over it, or a Mercedes with AMG, it is probably a 2 litre diesel. You learn to look at the exhausts first, brakes second.

But I prefer the cleaner look of just the 4 rings - the design is busy enough as is without adding badges all over it. Personal choice.
Old 03-29-2017, 05:19 AM
N8!
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Glisse
Yes, I did order it de-badged. Successful strategy, as it is an S5, not an A5

You can also order exterior mirrors in the body colour as well if you want to go further under the radar.

There is a heritage thing at work in Europe, having high performance versions that look the same as base models. The original RS, real AMG (before Mercedes bought the company), etc. If you see a BMW with M badges all over it, or a Mercedes with AMG, it is probably a 2 litre diesel. You learn to look at the exhausts first, brakes second.

But I prefer the cleaner look of just the 4 rings - the design is busy enough as is without adding badges all over it. Personal choice.
My bad - Of course S5!!! x100

A girl I work with ordered her BMW de-badged. I will see if I can do the same as well as I like the look.

Plus I kinda like idea of folks having to guess what the car is if they aren't familiar with the Audi models.
Old 03-30-2017, 05:07 AM
N8!
AudiWorld Senior Member

Verdammte Scheiße - so, there is no factory Audi de-badging option for the US spec cars.

Looks like I'll have to do it myself.
Old 03-30-2017, 06:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by N8!
Verdammte Scheiße - so, there is no factory Audi de-badging option for the US spec cars.

Looks like I'll have to do it myself.
At least that way you get to keep the badges, which may be helpful when it is time to sell the car.
Old 04-10-2017, 11:12 AM
N8!
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by N8!
Dropped by the Audi Center near my office and took some pix of the two A5 SBs on the showroom floor (they had a couple RS8s also but no pix this time):

There are not rim options we have in the US market unfortunately...

[/IMG]
I wish I could figure out how to acquire a set of these rims before I return to the US next month... I've been all over the Audi.de site and no-joy for finding a way to order these 19" beauties...
Old 04-10-2017, 02:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Cavo wheels are so much nicer anyway. Those look like they came of a 15 year old Audi.
Old 04-10-2017, 03:14 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by N8!
I wish I could figure out how to acquire a set of these rims before I return to the US next month... I've been all over the Audi.de site and no-joy for finding a way to order these 19" beauties...
Unfortunately, the Turbine is not sold as an Audi parts & accessories wheel (in 19" only the Ramus design is being sold this way), which means they can only be ordered with a car.

Eventually third party spare part suppliers will sell them (and a couple of the larger ones may sell on Ebay IIRC). But they will be an expensive wheel to buy this way. A BBS CI-R in the same spec (8.5Jx19 ET32) will be less.

I like them too, they suit the car.
Old 04-10-2017, 04:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Glisse
Unfortunately, the Turbine is not sold as an Audi parts & accessories wheel (in 19" only the Ramus design is being sold this way), which means they can only be ordered with a car.

Eventually third party spare part suppliers will sell them (and a couple of the larger ones may sell on Ebay IIRC). But they will be an expensive wheel to buy this way. A BBS CI-R in the same spec (8.5Jx19 ET32) will be less.

I like them too, they suit the car.
It can be...there must be a part number available for this wheel. As any other part in the car there needs to be replacements available in case of damage, malfunction, etc.

Quick Reply: A5 SB S-Line Photos (from the Audi Zentrum Stuttgart, DE)