Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Allroad 2001 2.7 HELP! Idling Rough/Random Misfire/Voltage Issue?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2017, 08:03 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Allroad 2001 2.7 HELP! Idling Rough/Random Misfire/Voltage Issue?

2001 Audi Allroad Automatic 2.7 Bi-Turbo with 180K

I noticed after going on vacation while I was driving my car, it was not getting very much power going up a mountain road, and the car began to shutter/shake and the engine light began flashing. The vehicle has a bad torque convertor but I do not believe this is the source of the problem. The shaking would stop if I used tip-tronic and put the car in Higher RPM's. seemed like it wasn't getting enough fuel or something was wrong with the cylinders. I then noticed something wasn't right when I would be parked, in Idle, or especially if I was in reverse, the car was idling rough but if I gave it a tiny bit of gas it would stop. It has been cold and rainy here in Northern California, which could be a contributing factor but I always warm up the car.

After doing days of research, I got a code read done on the car and it was reading "Random Misfire" so no specific cylinder. I proceeded to change out all the spark plugs, I added a little oil to the car, and then bought a single COIL Pack and replaced one of them. I didn't have enough money to buy all 6 coils but I plan to. After doing this, the car now is idling a lot better, and now when I drive up the mountain road it’s not losing power or flashing engine light like before.

I do however notice occasionally that the idle will be rough for a split second and the car will do a quick shake then idle normal.
Now lastly, I just noticed two days ago, if I turn on the Heater, Defroster, the Voltage gauge begins to fluctuate slightly and the car begins to idle roughly. So is this a possible Voltage issue? The Battery never goes below 12 volts.
These are the things that I have decided may need fixing, or replacing. Let me know what you think and If I am missing something I'd really appreciate it.
-The Rest of the Coils
-The Fuel Pump
-The Fuel Filter
-The Alternator
Old 01-13-2017, 07:46 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sounds like ICM's need replacing
if you need i have a pair with around 50k on them
should get another 100k out of them
Old 01-16-2017, 06:08 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yes

Originally Posted by PaperToast
sounds like ICM's need replacing
if you need i have a pair with around 50k on them
should get another 100k out of them
How much are you asking for them? I could be interested!