Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Another bag slime victory

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2016, 08:01 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another bag slime victory

Rear bag on my 2001 was leaking down in 20 minutes. Pulled the strut, pressed it together to create a vacuum, pressed the slime bottle nozzle to the inlet and released the strut allowing it to expand and suck 4oz into the bag.

I shot compressed air into the inlet to clear any slime from it. Spun and flipped the strut to spread the slime around. Compressed the bag again in many positions. Never once did slime come out of the inlet.

The people saying the slime might back flow into the system almost scared me out if it. This doesn't seem to be an issue. I couldn't make it happen and I tried hard. Height holding overnight. Let's see how long it lasts.
Old 07-23-2016, 08:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

I had read up on it a bit and decided to go ahead with it also, Worst case I figured I'd contaminate the air system and replace it with springs, wasn't planning on spending $1,000's to fix it. I left the air strut on the car and put in about 6 ounces of slime. I jacked it up to about where level 4 would be, put the slime in, gave it a good 10 minutes to settle in the bottom of the bag then let it down all the way until it was on the bump stops (to spread the slime around I figured) Jacked it back up to 4 and reconnected the air line.

Held air immediately. It's been 500 miles now, still holds every level overnight.