Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Arnott Warranty Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2015, 11:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Arnott Warranty Question

Did Arnott Industries change their warranty policy? I can't say for sure, but I thought I had read the warranty terms a while ago when I bought a used Gen I air-spring from my shop (as they had a customer who had converted to steel springs). I do not recall seeing that the warranty is "non-transferable" back then. The version dated Jan 1, 2015 does state that it is non-transferable in the first paragraph:

"The Arnott Warranty is non-transferable." from https://www.arnottindustries.com/upl...nfo%202015.pdf

But maybe I overlooked it then. Anyone recall if they used to be transferrable?
Old 07-01-2015, 01:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm pretty sure it was always non-transferrable. I know going back to 2011ish that was the policy. Pretty standard though, most companies only warranty products to the original purchaser.
Old 07-02-2015, 02:46 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Twas "non-transferable" in 2007.

My first purchase.
Old 07-03-2015, 04:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Arnott resellers are responsible for any warranty.
Old 07-07-2015, 06:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

I bought one of my air springs used from a shop that had a customer who had converted to steel springs.
Old 07-07-2015, 09:53 AM
Former Vendor

The Arnott Warranty has changed slightly over the years (longer coverage for compressors, EU customers, commercial applications and 90-Day return on unopened parts) but the non-transferable clause has always been part of it.
Arnott Inc.® offers a Limited Lifetime Warranty for North American and European Union customers on Arnott Air Springs, Air Struts, Shocks, and Conversion Kits. Orders for Arnott products outside of North America and the European Union and all compressors come with a Limited Two-Year Warranty. Arnott is so confident that you will be 100% satisfied with your product that we offer a 30-Day Money Back Guarantee and a 90-Day
Return Policy on unused and uninstalled products. Arnott offers a Limited 30-Day Warranty on parts used in commercial vehicles. Improper use or installation is not a manufacturer's defect. The Arnott Warranty is non-transferable.
Link to the full text: https://www.arnottindustries.com/upl...nfo%202015.pdf
Old 07-07-2015, 10:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

I understand Doug. But the concept of a lifetime warranty (in many consumers' minds) is that a product is built to last a lifetime. So it shouldn't matter who owns the product or if it has changed hands. If the vehicle that it's installed in is still alive, a product with a lifetime warranty should be covered.

I appreciate the alternative solution that Arnott has provided, but my assumption was that a lifetime warranty meant lifetime and shame on me for not reading the fine print. Caveat Emptor.

This was one of the leading reasons why I chose the coil spring kit from BLAU rather than Arnott. Not to mention the price was cheaper. I'm trying to maintain this old beast of an Allroad as economically as possible at this stage of it's "life".
Old 07-08-2015, 10:41 AM
Former Vendor

The non-transferable portion of our warranty is pretty standard these days. As a matter of fact, I checked their part and they have the same small print: "The limited lifetime warranty is valid for the life of the product and applicable to the original purchaser (nontransferable) and original car on which the product is installed."
Old 07-09-2015, 06:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

The idea that a lifetime warranty would cover something for a lifetime no matter who owns it would mean that you could warranty it out of a time capsule a thousand years from now. Any consumer law study will tell you that the "lifetime" needs to be limited to original purchaser. The Arnott warranty is the best I have ever dealt with, they take care of their customers, they looked up my purchase from six years ago and no problem. I had some airsprings from Firestone on my truck and one split open and Firestone was incredibly difficult because i had purchased it, from a one of their authorized dealers on their own ebay store. They ended up covering it but tried not to. Arnott is light years better than those ****** at Firestone.
Old 07-12-2015, 04:26 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I just called Arnott to have one of my front 3 year old Gen I bags replaced under warranty. First question from CS was "Did you buy it directly from us?" and then they found my account to see that I was the original purchaser. They were very courteous, apologized up and down for the problem with the air spring, and less than 5 minutes later had a new spring on the way under warranty.

Short answer is yes, you have to be the original purchaser to get the lifetime warranty.

Quick Reply: Arnott Warranty Question