Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Audi C5 Arnott O-ring size

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2017, 01:07 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi C5 Arnott O-ring size

Hello!

My front left Arnott gen 1 bag are leaking air, fast. I've located the leak to the two bottom o-rings that go around the aluminium base of the airbags.

So I'm wondering, since I've been searching alot without any luck, if anyone has an idea of that the size of those o-rings are? So that I can go to a local shop to get my hands on them asap. Otherwise I'll have to remove and measure it myself, if I don't get lucky over here.

Regards
Old 01-08-2017, 07:51 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

contact arnott
they should be able to help
Old 01-08-2017, 11:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Oring 65X5.5

Metric Buna O-rings 65 x 5.5mm Price for 10 pcs | eBay
Old 01-09-2017, 12:41 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thanks, but I don't think thats the one.
What I mean is the 2 o-rings that go between the plastic resin and the cnc aluminium base at the bottom.
Old 01-09-2017, 06:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

88 mm X 3.5 MM ( Use silicone grease )
Old 01-18-2018, 12:52 PM
J R
Audiworld Junior Member

Default O-RING

I see this is thread is almost a year old but I'll throw it out here before making a new one.

Has anyone ever tried an 88mm x 4mm o ring? No difference? Too much? Maybe an 88mm x 5mm?? I ask because both the lower o rings are leaking on both front bags, but they don't appear to be worn at all(the mold line is still there). Does the plastic bit they seal in wear out? The aluminum bit looks mint too.

​​​​​​More info; this AR has Gen 1 Arnott I bought the car a few months ago. The PO told me they were about a year and a half old. They both leak from the lower o-rings, and now they won't inflate at all. It's been on a jack since I replaced the tstat about 3 weeks ago(v8). Which is when this started. It used to go down overnight (about an inch) until it got really cold out, then it started going almost all the way down. Right now it will not inflate and the compressor shuts off(has error code). Ive ordered some 4mm o-rings to try but I'm not sure it'll help. I may try slime if I get desperate but I'd prefer no to. Also kind of feel like if I convert to coilovers, I'm losing the whole purpose I bought the car for to begin with. Contrary to popular belief, I don't think any of us purchase these cars so we can work on them constantly, investing our life savings into the air suspension system!!
Old 01-19-2018, 07:12 AM
J R
Audiworld Junior Member

Default O-RING

Duplicate, sorry!

Last edited by J R; 02-17-2018 at 03:44 PM. Reason: Duplicate, sorry
Old 01-19-2018, 07:17 AM
J R
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Anyone tried thicker o rings?

Just curious if that would help. Figured I'd throw this question here rather than starting a new thread. I know this one is a year old, which is about as old as the Gen 1 Arnotts in the the front of my AR. The 2 lower o rings are leaking on mine, but they look like new(oring still have the line from mold). I'm just wondering if Arnott used too small or ing or maybe shrinkage from temps well below freezing?

If 88 x 3.5 is standard, perhaps 4mm is not so much to make difference. I will try them since I've ordered them already. But, has anyone tried thicker? I've seen 5mm, have not been available to find 88mm yet tho. 5mm may too thick? Kindly,
Old 01-20-2018, 11:29 AM
J R
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by amiram
88 mm X 3.5 MM ( Use silicone grease )
Is this confirmed size? Not meant 81mm?

I purchased o-ring size 88x4mm it turns out bigger than oring which came off Arnott Gen 1 front springs. Lower position(there are 2 of them). Oring taken from (Allroad) bottom of Arnott Gen 1 airspring INSIDE oring ordered (o-ringsandmore) say size is 88X4MM. This have me think is supposed 81mm? 88-7(3.5x2)=81! Not correct?
Old 01-20-2018, 11:50 AM
J R
Audiworld Junior Member

Ah hah! I think I know now, 88mm is OD! Right? Duh! I misunderstood, ordered with 88mm ID. Doh! So I reorder correct size, make bracelet from wrong size haha!

Quick Reply: Audi C5 Arnott O-ring size