Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Doing 3rd row retrofit

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2014, 10:53 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Doing 3rd row retrofit

So I have decided to go ahead with the retrofit in my 2002 Allroad.
I have sourced the seat so far but nothing else. I will post in the classified section as well but just in case somebody has a parts car here fitted with these, I would buy the lot (all trim in the trunk, floor trim, seat belts, b-piller trim, seat bracket...)
Thanks
David
Please just email me with what you have
davidroberge @ hotmail.com (remove the spaces on either sides of the @)
Old 11-10-2014, 03:05 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Good luck. The hardest part will be the floor mounting bracket. You can find some of the smaller pieces on eBay.uk
Old 11-17-2014, 01:24 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Got the kit

I found a guy 4.5 hours away from my place in the US so once I get the car back from storage in December, a quick drive down and we will install the whole kit from his A6 into the Allroad. Price was great, about the same as the floor bracket.
Cheers
David
Old 11-18-2014, 12:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

That is a lot of work...make sure your wife is on board with this

Or you'll get the same reaction I did: 'this is the 3rd row you've been talking about?! I'm not putting my kids in the trunk! This can't be safe!'
Old 11-24-2014, 12:37 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default a lot of work

Yeah, I know it's a lot of work.
She saw another car with them and she is happy with them. Facing back can't be too bad I think.
I have been in the UK for over a year and a half and I am coming back to Canada on 20 December. When I left I only had 3 kids so the Allroad was stored for when I come back but with 4 kids, the only other option would have been to buy another car very quickly. As I am going to Ottawa, most used cars have been in the salt and all, the Allroad is from California and I was living in Victoria, BC before so never seen salt. It made more sense to do this than try to find another car just before Christmas from the US and bringing it back.
If it does not work, I'm sure I can sell the kit again and then replace the car. I will see what happens.
Plus the Allroad is a great car and I am not quite ready to get rid of it
Old 12-02-2014, 05:19 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Roby466
When I left I only had 3 kids [...] I come back but with 4 kids[...]
Hmmmm, and you're worried about a car? Against common knowledge, I know that storks don't bring babies
Old 12-08-2014, 12:00 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default storks?

What? They don't bring babies? Man, I've been fooled for all these years...
I have the family here with me in the UK, we drive a Defender 110 but that won't make its way back to Canada for at least a month after I arrive... The Audi will have to carry out the duty of family hauler! Also, the Defender is not the most confortable thing for long drives.
Old 01-27-2015, 03:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Another Retrofit! Help is welcome

Hi Folks
I am also started to do the 3rd row seat retrofit program .

I managed to get already all really important things such as frame, belts, foam pieces, black covers), except for the seatbank, but I am bargaining on that, with a seller from Germany.
I am trying to keep the fern green color of the trunk but it might not be easy.
Since there is nothing to buy in Europe, I will have to "manufacture" a top cover onto the 16" spare wheel. I would transfer my green tire cover and convert it to the suitable size, with.

In case you have 3rd row seat configuration in your AR,
  • Could you please send me the size data of the top cover? Width x length, and position of the folding (approx middle?) and size of the foam piece.
    It is definitely narrower than the usual ones.

Looks like this. I would buy this, but there is no feasible shipment to Europe.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/01-05-AUDI-ALLROAD-C5-A6-2-7-REAR-TRUNK-MAT-CARPET-LINER-SPARE-TIRE-COVER-/131328867841?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item1e93cf7e01
  • The seller of the steel mounting frame has lost the two horizontal steel pins by picking out the frame, which is needed to clamp the 3rd row seat fronts. It would buy this part from a hardware store or assign a turner to produce them. The exact size, diameter, lengt would be important.
  • Is there any precaution needed when installing the 3rd row seatbelts? I read at vagfans(dot) to handle carefully, for instant mount..
(???) Can they explode ?

Last but not least I would swap my coming black trunk cover to estepa green. I asked Audi Tradition but they do not have any carpet material to AR. Is there any solution to dismount the glued green carpet from other spare parts? I would upholster the big U-form framework cover to green - by buying a donor green cover pieces (from 5-Seater AR).

Last edited by PetrolBear; 01-27-2015 at 03:48 AM.