Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

JUST FIX MY AIR SUSPENSION LEAK For 12$

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 07:45 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by danyk55
Put the car off !! Unscrew the line , the bag should be soft if its leaking , if not make sure you put it on the level its leaking and wait until the air leaks out. Put half a bottle of slime in there, play around with the bag with your hands and screw the line back inn. Should work !

good, thanks for you brilliant advice

CSI DVD set
CSI DVD
Old 09-21-2010, 04:33 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

The Slime is working fine so far for me !!! The suspension works great on every level.

Hope you guys have the same luck !! Really easy to repair and cheap !! Let me know i could take a picture and post it to show where to insert the Slime

Cheers

DKK
Hi could you please post a picture of this my rear one has started to fail and after getting the front done by a garage and hurting me financially,replacing the ecu as that got damaged and the compressor I want to try ot myself and really need your help if you could.Thanks I would like to do it this weekend.
Old 09-22-2010, 11:21 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by aris4n
It is my understanding that there are 4 bags inside the outer bladder (that is why the car may not leak on level 3 but will on 2) so where does the slime go? into all the chambers?
I personally would love to install the Arnott bag on my allroad but do not know of a repair shop in the West LA area, any suggestions?
there's only one chamber no separate bags inside a bigger bag
we are located in culver city
Old 09-22-2010, 11:33 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default air leak

Hi Guys,

I had a leak on the front left air suspension , just put some Slime tire sealeant (just onscrew the red wire (air hose) sqeeze half a bottle of slime ) it fixed my air leak and the suspension works great. The dealer was asking 1400$ for it i did it for 12 $

Hope it helps you guys with the same problem !!

Cheers

DKK
be very careful with this stuff, we had a good number of catastrophic failures due to using this materials.
the problem is that unlike mercedes when you lower the car the air recirculates back to the tank it doesn't bleed out causing contamination in the entire system, we had cars that the valve block got clogged up completey the hoses and we even had to replace the tank as this stuff hardens
we had couple of cars that damaged the actual shocks as well due to the high pressure they operate and things being hanging loose inside the chamber
I hope your excitement over the $12.00 repair don,t become a $5000.00 nightmare
there's a lot of good mechanics out there that have figured this out years ago but there's a reason why they don't do it
sometimes scares me to see the kind of stuff people do to save money even putting their lives at risk and of course others because at the end of the day we all shared the same roads
Old 09-30-2010, 06:34 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

hey exactly where did you unscrew the hose? from the shock itself or the airbag?
Old 10-12-2010, 03:41 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Tyre Slime Vs Replacement

all level were not working now everything is fine !!
Hi All I have decided to replace the rear air spring as two holes in it, I don't fancy the issue's with re-circulation of the stuff. Plus Audi have just dropped the price of the air springs maybe they realise what a diaster of a system it was....

Audi cars look great but I think they really need to sort out their hydrolic suspension system's maybe just offer coilovers instead.... ;-)
Old 12-21-2010, 03:30 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default How to reset levels

Hi I have replaced my rear air spring with new one pumps up fine but all my levels are out how do i rectify this please. I have Vag Com....Thanks

Originally Posted by s4master1
be very careful with this stuff, we had a good number of catastrophic failures due to using this materials.
the problem is that unlike mercedes when you lower the car the air recirculates back to the tank it doesn't bleed out causing contamination in the entire system, we had cars that the valve block got clogged up completey the hoses and we even had to replace the tank as this stuff hardens
we had couple of cars that damaged the actual shocks as well due to the high pressure they operate and things being hanging loose inside the chamber
I hope your excitement over the $12.00 repair don,t become a $5000.00 nightmare
there's a lot of good mechanics out there that have figured this out years ago but there's a reason why they don't do it
sometimes scares me to see the kind of stuff people do to save money even putting their lives at risk and of course others because at the end of the day we all shared the same roads
Old 12-21-2010, 08:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

402 Mod to ring back to factory settings:

http://allroadfaq.com/downloads/mods/402_mod.pdf
Old 12-21-2010, 06:17 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

if you did it right, slim or fix a flat would be fine for this as a temp fix. i would let it sit overnight pluged and pressurized isolated from the system.

to reset your ride height, you need to do the 402 mod. its a little tricky and there is some bad info out there. and if you do it wrong, you can chase your tail for the rest of the time you own the car. there is a real easy way though,

for 20 bucks i will talk you through it over the phone, or if your local to burlington VT, i can do it for 20 bucks.
Old 04-17-2011, 02:08 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Arnot Install

Originally Posted by paulroad
diy its two hours of work and satisfaction
Paulroad, Do you know if a step-by-step guide to DIY Arnot replacement is posted anywhere?

Thanks, MontreAl

Quick Reply: JUST FIX MY AIR SUSPENSION LEAK For 12$